"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

Just now, Thane said:

What does Clive say and do if you fail to save Mathilda? Is there a video somewhere where I can watch his reaction? 

I don't have a video but the scrip for that is here: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/game-script/act-3-forest-village-desaixs-fortress/

Scroll down until you see the part that says "(If Mathilda died)"

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't have a video but the scrip for that is here: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/game-script/act-3-forest-village-desaixs-fortress/

Scroll down until you see the part that says "(If Mathilda died)"

Thanks bud, I forgot all about that! That's pretty neat. Not much, but it gets the point across very well!

7 hours ago, Konnor97 said:

As far as I understand, it takes the six (not counting Res) growths of a character, and does a shuffle between two random ones eight times. So first it may switch HP and Attack, and then Defense and Luck, and then Luck and Attack, etc. The player does not know how the growths are shuffled. After that character levels up, it reshuffles growths. Unequipping the ring reverts growth changes, and it may reshuffle into a new pattern when reequipped.

It's pretty much an item for shits and giggles.

Ha. So you could end up getting a mage with ridiculously high defense or a knight with massive speed. Great. Wish I could use it from the start of the game instead of being obtained after basically everything.

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

Does someone have the new Rise of the Deliverance soundtracks? I can't find them anywhere.

Added to here.

Just search "DLC".

BTW, Reconstruct can swap the same stat (eg. Attack for Attack) so it really is random.

22 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Added to here.

Just search "DLC".

BTW, Reconstruct can swap the same stat (eg. Attack for Attack) so it really is random.

Thank you a lot, Vincent!

They give me PoR/RD vibes for some reason.

Edited by Pikappa93

15 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Continuing from this:

Guru Boey loses Excalibur, gets it back at level 7

Exemplar Tatiana loses Fortify, Invoke and Warp, gets them back at level 4, level 7 and level 8

Enchantress Delthea loses Ragnarok and Rewarp, gets Ragnarok back at level 3 and Rewarp at level 10

Sonya gets Entrap back at level 10

Currently leveling Sonya and Delthea to see when they get Rewarp back (guessing level 10) then I'll try to get the rest of my magic users to Overclass and see how it affects them

Exemplar Genny doesn't lose anything

I wonder if it has to do with what level you promoted them to Sage/Saint/Priestess

Celica was at level 20 when she promoted to Princess so that might be why she didn't lose any spells, while Boey was at level 12 and Delthea was at level 15

13 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I think this may have been answered elsewhere in the thread, but does the 4 turn interval thing occur when you fight Jedah in Chapter 4? Or is he just invincible for that map?

It is, but it's 4 actions not turns.

5 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Thanks for the help. So, all I have to do is do 3 things before I go for him. Got it.

If you weren't already aware, he's on a timer. I don't know how many turns have to pass but he'll leave hte map eventually (i want to say like 6 turns?) since unless you have a really strong team to eat through his draongshield and 52 HP and his +5 hp every turn most teams won't be able to get through him.

I got two questions:

1. I'm looking for the Memory Prisms that have An Oath at Dawn, May I Have This Dance?, and The Lasting Promise. Which location does those three be at?
  2. And also, I think I remembered that you can skip Clair's rescue and none of the Deliverance members appear at the Deliverance Hideout in the original game, but I forgot to test it out on my copy, did they managed to change to Clair's rescue is not optional and entering Southern Zofia 1 (since Frenand appears in the ending of Southern Zofia 1) and the Deliverance Hideout requires to have Clair to be rescued?

18 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:
  1. I'm looking for the Memory Prisms that have An Oath at Dawn, May I Have This Dance?, and The Lasting Promise. Which location does those three be at?

Entrance of Duma Temple (I believe it's where you find Fernand during the story, its a first person area), Inside Duma's Temple (In the area where you fight Berkut, it's in the dungeon itself, not a first person area), and The Grand Portal in Rigel Castle (First person area before entering the dungeon).

13 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

If you use the folk on Paula or Catria or Est, will they lose the triangle attack?

According to the wiki, yes.

Need some Act 4 help

Spoiler

okay so the path is blocked for Alm, and I just reached Jedah on Celica's route. I cleared out all the enemies in the swamp, then retreated to keep the EXP. So now it's just Jedah when I re-enter, but I can't touch him. What's my objective here?

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Need some Act 4 help

Hide contents

okay so the path is blocked for Alm, and I just reached Jedah on Celica's route. I cleared out all the enemies in the swamp, then retreated to keep the EXP. So now it's just Jedah when I re-enter, but I can't touch him. What's my objective here?

He retreats after turn 6 or 8. Continue to Duma Tower.

16 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Question for y'all.

Is Duma immune to Silence? 

@MrSmokestack - since i'm going to assume you know something about this.

Good question. I don't know.

Although, since it'd be a braindead easy way to cheese his Occulus magic, I'm going to assume yes, he is immune.

Do look for additional confirmation though.

EDIT: He also has the skill Nullify Ailments, whose effect includes negating staff hit rates.

Edited by MrSmokestack

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Good question. I don't know.

Although, since it'd be a braindead easy way to cheese his Occulus magic, I'm going to assume yes, he is immune.

Do look for additional confirmation though.

Yeah. I wasn't sure. I know that Jedah was immune (yeah Alm murdered the hell outta him with a OHKO), and I think his immunity was listed? I don't remember. 

EDIT: Yeah. He's immune. Its on the list of his skills. The list of stats and skills the appear when you hi\over over a character disappears in my game occasionally (which is the case atm, so I didn't know. Wish I knew how to get it back...

10 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Thanks, that did it. Turn 6, enemy phase

No worries. Yeah, turn 6 was what happened with me, but I read somewhere that it was 8? So I wondered if it depended on whether you cleared out the other enemies or not. 

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Is there an option to turn off enemy encounters in dungeons? If not, is it possible to avoid them by running away from them when you see the enemy? Also, will I miss out any important collectible if I don't do any dungeon crawling at all?

1 hour ago, Ryo said:

Is there an option to turn off enemy encounters in dungeons? If not, is it possible to avoid them by running away from them when you see the enemy? Also, will I miss out any important collectible if I don't do any dungeon crawling at all?

You can't turn them off, but you can just run around them all, although some very few (Namely in the Seabound Shrine, Fear Mountain and Thabes, iirc) are unskippable, although they're pretty rare, and the 3 cases I can think of are all in optional dungeons. you can tell if they're unskippable if they don't charge towards you when you're in their line of sight, and they'll immediately pull you into battle when you get near them, meaning you can't use the dash attack on them. In most cases, they block paths leading to really good loot.

Skipping on dungeon crawling isn't impossible, aside from a few scenarios in which it's required, but the rewards from inside are very much worth going into them for. You'll miss out on great equipment, Turnwheel Cogs, and stat boosting statues, along with the general exp loss from not fighting the enemies.

Edited by Emerson