"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Chelone said:

is the free dlc like the pitchfork shared among both sides? or can I get one for each army?

Whichever side "plays" it gets the item(s). So if you have Alm's army do Mila's Bounty 2, he gets a Pitchfork in his convoy, and Celica does not, nor can she do Mila's Bounty 2 in that file unless you reset before you did it.

Can you do the quests from prior to Act 5 once you get to Act 6?  I still need the "Cute Things" Cog, but it would be easier to farm the Coral pieces from Celica's side of the map if I can do it later.  If I have to do it now, I'll have to do some serious grinding for items before going forward, I just recruited Mycen.  (I know I'm way behind, life's been busy.)

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Can you do the quests from prior to Act 5 once you get to Act 6?  I still need the "Cute Things" Cog, but it would be easier to farm the Coral pieces from Celica's side of the map if I can do it later.  If I have to do it now, I'll have to do some serious grinding for items before going forward, I just recruited Mycen.  (I know I'm way behind, life's been busy.)

Yes for most of them. Only a few of them are timed like the Alessio ones. I ended up doing most of the side quests in act 6 as I couldn't be bothered to backtrack.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Yes for most of them. Only a few of them are timed like the Alessio ones. I ended up doing most of the side quests in act 6 as I couldn't be bothered to backtrack.

Cool, thanks.

Also, does anyone know if the inventory size increases once Alm and Celica's parties get combined?  I'm maxed for inventory on both sides, and I hate throwing stuff away.  The inventory size seems lower than past games.  I don't remember running out of room so early in previous FEs.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, thanks.

Also, does anyone know if the inventory size increases once Alm and Celica's parties get combined?  I'm maxed for inventory on both sides, and I hate throwing stuff away.  The inventory size seems lower than past games.  I don't remember running out of room so early in previous FEs.

The inventory size increases to the combined size of both Alm's and Celica's convoys.

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

What are the actual chances of finding Astra, Luna and Sol in the Inner Sanctum by smashing pots? I've been trying for days and still nothing :(

The chances are listed on this page.

They only drop from large pots and, from experience, there can only be 0~2 large pots at one time.

As such, I think Thabes may be more efficient for Astra/Sol/Luna farming since you're guaranteed 10+ pot/box drops per run. Inner Sanctum is mainly good if you want the other items/astral shards.

My usual run consists of smashing all the pots in the three areas of B9, then smashing the boxes in B10 three times. You get 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15 drops. You can get slightly more if you repeat the areas in B9, but the number of drops decays quickly.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

The chances are listed on this page.

They only drop from large pots and, from experience, there can only be 0~2 large pots at one time.

As such, I think Thabes may be more efficient for Astra/Sol/Luna farming since you're guaranteed 10+ pot/box drops per run. Inner Sanctum is mainly good if you want the other items/astral shards.

My usual run consists of smashing all the pots in the three areas of B9, then smashing the boxes in B10 three times. You get 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15 drops. You can get slightly more if you repeat the areas in B9, but the number of drops decays quickly.

Oh, thanks Vincent (sorry I missed that page, I'm dumb).

I think I'll follow your advice, I found Astra in Thabes pretty easily and then nothing. I guess my luck is over XD

This is bit of an odd question, but did I miss a cutscene somewhere?

The opening cutscene is made entirely of scenes from the game (aside from the very very opening shot of story time), but I can not remember any cutscene for Conrad's ride to Zofia castle (or whatever this is) https://youtu.be/GyvZF531--g?t=99

semi-related, but was there a scene (CG or dialog) for if

Alm starts fighting necrodragons before celica climbs the tower? I didn't even go up to that area until Celica spoke with jedah and as such by passed fighting any zombies

Edited by r_n

Regarding Villager Forks obtained from the free DLC, is using them a once per file deal or a once per cartridge deal? So for example, my first Echoes file is a rough file to get a feel for the game and item locations, and later on I'm planning to make a "good" file where I don't miss any items. So would it be alright to use a Villager Fork in my rough file in terms of still having it available to use when I make my "good" file?

44 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Regarding Villager Forks obtained from the free DLC, is using them a once per file deal or a once per cartridge deal? So for example, my first Echoes file is a rough file to get a feel for the game and item locations, and later on I'm planning to make a "good" file where I don't miss any items. So would it be alright to use a Villager Fork in my rough file in terms of still having it available to use when I make my "good" file?

Free DLC in FE is always "once per file" as far as I know (with the exception of a very few "infinite times per file" things, like the small stone in fates.). You have to "buy" them from the dlc shop, but the cost is free.

11 hours ago, r_n said:

This is bit of an odd question, but did I miss a cutscene somewhere?

The opening cutscene is made entirely of scenes from the game (aside from the very very opening shot of story time), but I can not remember any cutscene for Conrad's ride to Zofia castle (or whatever this is) https://youtu.be/GyvZF531--g?t=99

semi-related, but was there a scene (CG or dialog) for if

Hide contents

Alm starts fighting necrodragons before celica climbs the tower? I didn't even go up to that area until Celica spoke with jedah and as such by passed fighting any zombies

Nah, there are some cutscenes in the opening that don't appear in the game.

Not just Conrad riding towards Zofia Castle, but there's at least Jedah's delightful expression and Celica praying at the Mila Idol.

Nope, no CG. There is some brief dialogue about a landslide though.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, I thought this played at the start of Chapter 2? Unless I'm going crazy.

So did I but quickly scrubbing through the start of chapter 2, it doesn't. Celica's nightmare about Alm & Rudolf happens, then it's straight to 2D conversation between characters.

What a weird set of cutscenes to not have in the game. Considering how easily 2 of those would have slotted in (Celica at the statue would be start of act 2, conrad at the end) and how there's only ~3 I feel like these were made with the intent of being played in the game and just cut. Who knows, maybe Conrad's rescue was meant to happen at night at one point.

Has anyone tried going through the game with major playable characters dead? (Eg: Lukas, Gray, Tobin, Clive, Mae, Boey, Saber) I'm curious as to how much the game script changes with those characters dead since they tend to talk a lot during story parts.

23 hours ago, sirmola said:

Free DLC in FE is always "once per file" as far as I know (with the exception of a very few "infinite times per file" things, like the small stone in fates.). You have to "buy" them from the dlc shop, but the cost is free.

Ah, so I can use the villager fork in my rough file to experiment/mess around, and still be able to access a villager fork for when I make my good file from scratch? Good to know.

2 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Has anyone tried going through the game with major playable characters dead? (Eg: Lukas, Gray, Tobin, Clive, Mae, Boey, Saber) I'm curious as to how much the game script changes with those characters dead since they tend to talk a lot during story parts.

I don't think you can kill them off before the final battle. If they get defeated in combat before then, they retreat instead of dying.

36 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

So...when can I promote Alm? I'm in Act 4 and Celica is already promoted.

When you get to the Sage's Hamlet on Celica's route. It's towards the end. It's really silly, both in terms of wait time and story justification.

Do we know the exact formula for the Shadow Sword recoil chance? I couldn't find it anywhere so I ran a few trials and it seems to be somehwere along the lines of 25-Lck% (after Lck reduction) and (25-Lck)/2% for Dread Fighters but I'd appreciate a confirmation.

Curiously, crits never backfired during my 600 attempts which leaves me wondering if crits with a Shadow Sword can even backfire. Of course it could just be chalked up to RNG as well.

6 minutes ago, Cyas said:

Do we know the exact formula for the Shadow Sword recoil chance? I couldn't find it anywhere so I ran a few trials and it seems to be somehwere along the lines of 25-Lck% (after Lck reduction) and (25-Lck)/2% for Dread Fighters but I'd appreciate a confirmation.

Curiously, crits never backfired during my 600 attempts which leaves me wondering if crits with a Shadow Sword can even backfire. Of course it could just be chalked up to RNG as well.

Not at the moment.

From fairly extensive testing, it seems more like (21-Luck)% for me. Divided by 2 if you're a Dread Fighter.

Yeah, critical hit can't backfire. I assume one or the other cancels the other out.

22 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Not at the moment.

From fairly extensive testing, it seems more like (21-Luck)% for me. Divided by 2 if you're a Dread Fighter.

Yeah, critical hit can't backfire. I assume one or the other cancels the other out.

Ah, I see. That would be more in line with past recoil formulas as well.

I'll take a wild guess and say that the game checks if the attacks recoils before it checks if the attack crits. If crits were able to cancel out recoil and not the other way around, Skl would decrease the backfire chance but recoils in past games and especially in Gaiden were always purely luck based.