"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

I figured that, with all the leaked information and the official game's imminent release, it would best to make this kind of thread. This way, members can ask specific questions about the game without running the risk of accidentally spoiling themselves in the datamine thread, like I did. I believe that the Fire Emblem Fates board had this kind of thread over a year ago. 

PSA: For any questions that contain story spoilers please remember to use the spoiler tag

I'll start with my first question:

Do the maximum class stats cap off at 40 like they did in the original game or, are there unique maximum stats for every class?

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Clair's character been changed at all?

Since she was originally the one who liked Alm but could never date him, and they gave that to Faye, I'm hoping she'll be different personality wise.

I wanted to ask as well.

Spoiler
  1. Do the other characters get reclass into Villagers and promote to other classes have any unique battle models?
  2. What chapter does Rinean fought in?
  3. Does Delthea and Sonya fought as Witches in their own map as enemies like in the original game or are they changed to Mages due to they recruited as Mages in the playthrough?

Has anyone ripped all of the dialogue portraits for the playable characters? I've seen an imgur gallery with some, but I've definitely seen some around that weren't in that gallery.

4 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

Are angel rings in the same locations? Do they have the same effects? Can you move a character to the other party through revival? Is Alm still a savage? IS KLIFF STILL THE OG?!?!

Angel Ring is on Catria. It gives +20 luck, which seems to give a decent amount of critical to her (she has about 20% on most enemies). It recovers 5HP per turn, but doesn't seem to give any additional level ups or anything else.

Alm is broken OP as always.

Cliff is good but not as good as FE2 as I said in that other thread.

How exactly do skills work? Like are they attached to the weapon or character? And if a character who didn't originally unlock the skill equips the weapon, can they use said skill?

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

How exactly do skills work? Like are they attached to the weapon or character? And if a character who didn't originally unlock the skill equips the weapon, can they use said skill?

Seems to be for the character. When I take away a lance with Armorbreaker I got on Valbar and give it to someone else, they don't have that skill and need to get it themselves (bar resets). Valbar has a greyed out "Armorbreaker" skill now listed so assumedly it's permanently learned.

Just now, Tryhard said:

Seems to be for the character. When I take away a lance with Armorbreaker I got on Valbar and give it to someone else, they don't have that skill and need to get it themselves (bar resets). Valbar has a greyed out "Armorbreaker" skill now listed so assumedly it's permanently learned.

Okay thanks. That's rather interesting. I'm assuming that you have to have the weapon associated with the skill to use it though. Also, now I;m afraid the UI is gonna get all cluttered with skills, unless you have to equip them. Uggghhh so many questions about a single question.

2 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Do you have a screenshot of this?

So you can't permanently learn skills? You have to equip a weapon to "activate" it's use? 

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I wanted to ask as well.

Hide contents
  1. Do the other characters get reclass into Villagers and promote to other classes have any unique battle models?
  2. What chapter does Rinean fought in?
  3. Does Delthea and Sonya fought as Witches in their own map as enemies like in the original game or are they changed to Mages due to they recruited as Mages in the playthrough?

I can confirm that Kliff has unique battle models for every class, all wearing blackish clothes which is quite interesting.

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

Do you have a screenshot of this?

So you can't permanently learn skills? You have to equip a weapon to "activate" it's use? 

4fff96a9f4.png

I'm not sure what you mean. You learn skills for that character, but if you pass that weapon around, you won't get anything for it and will have to start over again.

Like this Lightning Sword skill I got for Alm but now swapped to the Royal/Regal sword.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Do the maximum class stats cap off at 40 like they did in the original game or, are there unique maximum stats for every class?

Depends on the character.

I don't *think* class has any effect.

Gonna be really weird to get used to though.

3 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I wanted to ask as well.

Answer to Q2 is 5.

Some context. (Big spoilers)

Berkut is pissed off since he discovered Alm is Rudolf's son, therefore making Alm the direct heir to the Rigelian throne, which means Berkut can never be Emperor. Rinea says she doesn't care that Berkut has failed, but Berkut takes this the wrong way and think Rinea is mocking him. He gets angry and asks Duma for power, no matter the cost. Unfortunately for him, that cost is Rinea.

35 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

4fff96a9f4.png

I'm not sure what you mean. You learn skills for that character, but if you pass that weapon around, you won't get anything for it and will have to start over again.

Like this Lightning Sword skill I got for Alm but now swapped to the Royal/Regal sword.

I should have clarified:

If you were to re-equip the Lighting Sword, then would you get to use the Distant Bolt skill again? Or do you have to learn it all over again?

1 minute ago, Leif said:

I should have clarified:

If you were to re-equip the Lighting Sword, then would you get to use the Distant Bolt skill again? Or do you have to learn it all over again?

Yes, you would get the skill as soon as you equip it again. You don't need to continuously have the same weapon to keep the skills.

2 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Yes, you would get the skill as soon as you equip it again. You don't need to continuously have the same weapon to keep the skills.

Just one last clarification:

So Alm cannot use Distant Bolt (even if he masters the skill) with the Royal Sword equipped, only if he uses the Lightning Sword, correct?

Edited by Leif

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Just one last clarification:

So Alm cannot use Distant Bolt (even if he masters the skill) with the Royal Sword equipped, only if he uses the Lightning Sword, correct?

I stopped playing for now but it would definitely seem to be the case, yes.

Worth noting is that skills can be the same on different equipment - assumedly if you learn the skill on another equipment you would be able to use it if they have the same skill? Not been able to see that yet.