"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Hide contents

You don't see any action taken in the game, but Alm and co do talk about plowing the lands to make them more fertile etc. I think Clive or somebody jokes about Alm being a farmer king.

You could say Valm during the time of Awakening is proof everybody is doing OK. I guess the Mila Tree may have helped to bring life to the continent and I honestly have no idea where Terrors came from originally. Maybe a distortion of magic due to Duma's activities?

Spoiler

Wait, plow fields? How does that help against droughts? Or am I missing something here?

It would make sense for Duma and his cronies to be able to reanimate the dead now that Mila is gone, for sure, but that's not stated either, huh? 

I also believe burying Mila might have a positive effect on the continent, though one could wonder if that still doesn't make them all reliant on the gods' powers to an extent.

Anyway, thank you very much.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited for this to come out, is it worth me playing Fire Emblem Gaiden before hand or should I wait and be surprised? I don't know anything about Gaiden or how it plays so not really sure

7 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

I'm really excited for this to come out, is it worth me playing Fire Emblem Gaiden before hand or should I wait and be surprised? I don't know anything about Gaiden or how it plays so not really sure

You could play Gaiden if you wanted to but i would just wait for Echoes, which is less than two weeks away.

You don't miss out on anything by not playing Gaiden before Echoes. I mean, Gaiden's story is almost non-existent whereas Echoes has a proper story.

On 4/23/2017 at 7:25 PM, Azz said:

Forging I believe is the only way to get those weapons. The blessed weapons make the Archanean regalia, the Golden Dagger becomes The Zofia and the rest are from other weapons (Steel and Silver weapons, Ridersbane and Javelin). I'm not sure where you get the Shining Bow and I know you can get Mila's Bow from the Celica Amiibo dungeon, not sure about base game though.

ahh okay, just saw this now, I had to forge those weapons, huh... interesting... I suppose I wasn't expecting that since they sounded like special weapons, which in previous games were always gotten... um... idk, specially. special chests, special enemies, sidequests, events, etc., not through forging, haha. somehow that feels kind of unfitting, guess I was unknowingly biased. thanks XP

7 minutes ago, Crimson Red said:

ahh okay, just saw this now, I had to forge those weapons, huh... interesting... I suppose I wasn't expecting that since they sounded like special weapons, which in previous games were always gotten... um... idk, specially. special chests, special enemies, sidequests, events, etc., not through forging, haha. somehow that feels kind of unfitting, guess I was unknowingly biased. thanks XP

Valentian Forgeries? haha

On 4/29/2017 at 5:40 AM, Azz said:

Does using DLC count toward your day count? I want to grind but I also want the Lightning Speed medal.

I haven't tried the DLC (and I want to make my first run without it), but I just found that you can stay in a dungeon for as long as you want. As long as you don't go to the world map, the day count won't increase.

The enemies in the Dragon Shrine do regenerate, so you can just fight, retreat to the Mila statue, save, and rinse and repeat. I haven't seen regenerating enemies in other dungeons, but maybe it's only because I didn't stay long enough.

(Ugh, I'm not used to using this forum. Quoting is more complicated than it looks.)

Edited by nocturnal YL

22 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

When is the best time to clear Amiibo dungeons?

I don't have the amiibo to check, but you can exit dungeons whenever. There is also a warning if you try to progress and the enemies are too strong.

I would just recommend trying them whenever you feel like it.

Just now, VincentASM said:

I don't have the amiibo to check, but you can exit dungeons whenever. There is also a warning if you try to progress and the enemies are too strong.

I would just recommend trying them whenever you feel like it.

Thank you.

The Over Class 's you get from dlc are they the strongest classes since they are further promotions? or are they just as strong but with different play styles? If the former then doesn't that mean people can buy a much easier playthrough of the campaign?

22 minutes ago, Raybrand said:

The Over Class 's you get from dlc are they the strongest classes since they are further promotions? or are they just as strong but with different play styles? If the former then doesn't that mean people can buy a much easier playthrough of the campaign?

As of right now, the Over-Classes are rather useless, since max stats are tied to the characters, not the Class. Unless the Over-Classes have a Limit Break function.

You also need to be Lv.20 in the highest tier you are currently in. For example, to become a Spartan, you must reach Lv.20 as a Baron.

Because it takes so long to actually reach an Over-Class, i doubt they'll actually affect playthroughs in the long run. 

Are medals for a single file only, or are they for the user? Cause if they are just for the game file, I can say I'm not getting the Lightning Speed medal.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Are medals for a single file only, or are they for the user? Cause if they are just for the game file, I can say I'm not getting the Lightning Speed medal.

It's shared by all files.

post-game question

Spoiler

I'm playing in normal/classic mode and I managed to beat the last boss (first try) in the post-game labyrinth. Epic fight because it seems that you have to beat him in one turn or he will kill your hero the next turn (when I attacked him, he left all my units with very low life and there are enemy units who seem to constantly pop on the map).

If the last strike from my strongest character 186 power DreadFighter Deen the coolest character of the game :B):  didn't kill it, it was over...

So my question are : Is there anything else to do or I've only to begin a game in hard mode? 

Is hard mode the equivalentof the lunatic mode?

16 minutes ago, Sakaiza said:

post-game question

Hide contents

I'm playing in normal/classic mode and I managed to beat the last boss (first try) in the post-game labyrinth. Epic fight because it seems that you have to beat him in one turn or he will kill your hero the next turn (when I attacked him, he left all my units with very low life and there are enemy units who seem to constantly pop on the map).

If the last strike from my strongest character 186 power DreadFighter Deen the coolest character of the game :B):  didn't kill it, it was over...

So my question are : Is there anything else to do or I've only to begin a game in hard mode? 

Is hard mode the equivalentof the lunatic mode?

I mean, you could wait for the DLC but the better option is to start a new save on Hard Mode. Like most FEs, there really isn't much to do after the game's beaten.

Among the class base stats listing is a skill called Null Curse attached to the Dread Fighter.  No such skill appears in the skill listing.  If anyone can state its effect, it'd definitely help the wiki (I'm currently working on either an Echoes section for the skills article or a subpage to it, depending on whether this would spill over the template include size limit; this information would also likely give Null Curse its own article)...

1 hour ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Among the class base stats listing is a skill called Null Curse attached to the Dread Fighter.  No such skill appears in the skill listing.  If anyone can state its effect, it'd definitely help the wiki (I'm currently working on either an Echoes section for the skills article or a subpage to it, depending on whether this would spill over the template include size limit; this information would also likely give Null Curse its own article)...

pretty sure that lets you use the darkness sword with no drawback. could be wrong

I asked a similar question on Gamefaqs, and someone tested it. Dread Fighters no longer negate the curse effect from the Darkness Sword. So I guess Null Curse is a cut skill?

Edited by Konnor97

For those who have already played the game; is beating the game without giving offerings at Mila Shrines doable?

I've heard the shrines appear at the end of dungeons, when i presume you would probably be done with grinding and just avoid enemies while running to the entrance, so it seems like the answer would be yes... but I am not sure.

Edited by Allergic_to_Farming

3 hours ago, Allergic_to_Farming said:

For those who have already played the game; is beating the game without giving offerings at Mila Shrines doable?

I've heard the shrines appear at the end of dungeons, when i presume you would probably be done with grinding and just avoid enemies while running to the entrance, so it seems like the answer would be yes... but I am not sure.

You don't need to offer, but you should have an excess of provisions anyway.

5 hours ago, Konnor97 said:

I asked a similar question on Gamefaqs, and someone tested it. Dread Fighters no longer negate the curse effect from the Darkness Sword. So I guess Null Curse is a cut skill?

Hmm, I guess it should be "Resist Curse" instead. So it merely reduces the chance of backfire.

A 0-3 Luck Dread Fighter has a less than 5% of backfire, while a 21 Luck non-Dread Fighter has a roughly 15% chance. Dunno what the actual formulae is at the moment.

I was thinking of using Forsyth, but I keep seeing that he is really bad, one of the worst units kind of bad. Why is that? What exactly is wrong with the character to make him that bad?

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I was thinking of using Forsyth, but I keep seeing that he is really bad, one of the worst units kind of bad. Why is that? What exactly is wrong with the character to make him that bad?

he is a baron at best. the worst class in the game, maybe a candidate for your villagers fork?

21 minutes ago, Tsak said:

he is a baron at best. the worst class in the game, maybe a candidate for your villagers fork?

Yeah I was thinking of that, reclass to a Merc. So its a product of class rather than character itself? What makes the Baron so bad?

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

What makes the Baron so bad?

Baron's have absolutely shit movement in this game iirc. I believe they only have 4 movement.

Celica also has 4 movement, even as a Princess iirc, but she makes up for it with magic.

So I stuck a fork into Mathilda's forehead (she might be dying now, not sure) and now she's muttering her words in a countryside accent....

Okay, joking aside, should I reclass her into a non-Cavalier line class? Gender locking really sucks in this game, coming off the freedom of Fates in terms of gender locked stuff. Can't believe that Cavs are the only neutral class.

Also, I keep hearing that lances are the worst weapon type in the game... Why?

Edited by s07195