"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is there any chance Clair will become a good unit eventually? So far I love her personality and design but as a unit she's really not impressing me. Even Kliff and Faye had a better start. 

Clair is one of those units that takes time. Once she gets a few level ups, she will turn out good. Maybe give her a shield for the extra bulk since she starts out frail.

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is there any chance Clair will become a good unit eventually? So far I love her personality and design but as a unit she's really not impressing me. Even Kliff and Faye had a better start. 

She is usable, that's all I can say. Her weak stats unfortunately stay weak. When she becomes a Falcon Knight and you give her a good forged weapon, her useful increases.

Failing that, you can do what I did and use a Villager's Fork on her when she reached Level 20 Falcon Knight and endlessly soft-reset until her non Res stats reached 40 ^^;;;

58 minutes ago, Azz said:

What's the backfire rate on the Shadow Sword and do Dread Fighters still negate it?

I need to check but I think it's 21 - Luck/2.

Dread Fighters only reduce it. Maybe by a half.

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Okay thanks :)

I'd like to inquire how battle saves are managed in this game: Are they still locked to Casual like they were in Awakening/Fates or are they available for both modes now?

I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague, and still kind of am. But I beat the final boss last night, and I have a few questions. Can I ask about three things quickly? My questions concern supports, the post-game, and the original Gaiden.

Spoiler

Characters can have multiple A supports. In the epilogue, some characters got together. How does the game decide who to pair? Does each character only have one canon pairing?

At the start of chapter 6 I was surprised to learn you can go to Akaenia. I promised someone they could play my copy after I beat it. But if Akaenia has story content, I'd like to try that first. What is Akaenia like? Is there story content? Or is it just a place for monster battles, challenges, endurance runs...?

My last question is if you could go to Akaenia in Gaiden, or if this is a new addition for Echoes.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Wist said:

I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague, and still kind of am. But I beat the final boss last night, and I have a few questions. Can I ask about three things quickly? My questions concern supports, the post-game, and the original Gaiden.

Hide contents

Characters can have multiple A supports. In the epilogue, some characters got together. How does the game decide who to pair? Does each character only have one canon pairing?

At the start of chapter 6 I was surprised to learn you can go to Akaenia. I promised someone they could play my copy after I beat it. But if Akaenia has story content, I'd like to try that first. What is Akaenia like? Is there story content? Or is it just a place for monster battles, challenges, endurance runs...?

My last question is if you could go to Akaenia in Gaiden, or if this is a new addition for Echoes.

Thank you!

Spoiler

Characters have set paired endings. For instancs, Boey will always marry Mae, unless Mae is dead.

As an actual story chapter, no, Ch.6 doesn't have story. However, in the dungeon there, there is lore that ties this game to Awakening

No. Being able to go to Archanea is a new thing. It wasn't in Gaiden.

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Intelligent Systems be like

1pbjfo.jpg

Edited by Kysafen

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Characters have set paired endings. For instancs, Boey will always marry Mae, unless Mae is dead.

As an actual story chapter, no, Ch.6 doesn't have story. However, in the dungeon there, there is lore that ties this game to Awakening

No. Being able to go to Archanea is a new thing. It wasn't in Gaiden.

Thank you!

Is it me or are the deliverence units just not that good? Clive seems below avarage so far with low accuracy and being doubled by quite a few things in his join chapter. Python does much less damage then my archer Grey and he has the archer accuracy trouble. I did't have much oppurtunity to use Forsyth yet, but his base stats haven't impressed me.

8 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Is it me or are the deliverence units just not that good? Clive seems below avarage so far with low accuracy and being doubled by quite a few things in his join chapter. Python does much less damage then my archer Grey and he has the archer accuracy trouble. I did't have much oppurtunity to use Forsyth yet, but his base stats haven't impressed me.

Alm's best units, aside from himself, Gray, Silque, and Cleric!Faye, join in Act 3 and later.

Only Forsyth is truly bad though. Clive just gets outscaled by other options.

Just now, FallenVanguard said:

Alm's best units, aside from himself, Gray, Silque, and Cleric!Faye, join in Act 3 and later.

Only Forsyth is truly bad though. Clive just gets outscaled by other options.

I'm a bit surprised about Clive still being decent. They way he's talked about on Gamefaqs made me think he would be a complete joke unit.

Forsyth wasn't high on my list of characters I wanted to use so I can live with him being bad.

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

I'm a bit surprised about Clive still being decent. They way he's talked about on Gamefaqs made me think he would be a complete joke unit.

Forsyth wasn't high on my list of characters I wanted to use so I can live with him being bad.

In my JP file my Clive was exceptionally blessed and kept up with other units until late game pretty easily. Buuuuut in this NA playthrough he's lol, yeah not doing so great. High ATK, low everything else.

I'm on Hard Mode and honestly I just bench Forsyth (Python too because I was an idiot and didn't backtrack to promote him and he fell SO behind Archer!Kliff, who has become an absolute god). I don't deploy either, but Python was pretty good in my JP run.

Is it possible to max out units? I'm asking because I know I'll be struggling in Act 6.

also, is it worth trying to abuse shards and promote at level 20? I've tried this with Lukas to give him some Speed through the Libra shard and now he's ridiculously fast, but it's a bit exhausting to do this for every single character. I've enteredthe Astral Temple over and over again and now I'm just missing Aquarius and Pisces shards (looking forward to Starsphere).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I bought the Season Pass so I'll have access to all DLC eventually.

Edited by Pikappa93

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

Is it possible to max out units? I'm asking because I know I'll be struggling in Act 6.

also, is it worth trying to abuse shards and promote at level 20? I've tried this with Lukas to give him some Speed through the Libra shard and now he's ridiculously fast, but it's a bit exhausting to do this for every single character. I've enteredthe Astral Temple over and over again and now I'm just missing Aquarius and Pisces shards (looking forward to Starsphere).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I bought the Season Pass so I'll have access to all DLC eventually.

Yeah, you can do it easily with the Dread Fighter loop or even just going to Level 20 and using a Villager's Fork to climb back up.

For the latter, you may need to rig some level ups. Save at a Mila Idol and then enter a battle and level up; reset if the level up sucks.

Holy heck, you have 10 Star Shards already? I thought the rate was pretty low. Or did you really spend aaaages in there? XD

28 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, you can do it easily with the Dread Fighter loop or even just going to Level 20 and using a Villager's Fork to climb back up.

For the latter, you may need to rig some level ups. Save at a Mila Idol and then enter a battle and level up; reset if the level up sucks.

Holy heck, you have 10 Star Shards already? I thought the rate was pretty low. Or did you really spend aaaages in there? XD

Thank you! I wish we'd have unlimited Villager's Forks though.

I'd say I spent roughly 1 hour and a half in the Astral Temple... and I also got two Black Pearls. Maybe I was lucky? XD I also found multiple shards of the same type (Taurus, Libra, etc.)

In the middle of the Prologue at the moment, and Slade attacked Tobin and "Killed" him. Is he permenantly dead or just disabled for the prologue. Really dont want to continue if he died in the prologue.

What's a good difficulty level to start with? I was comfortable with Conquest Normal and Birthright Hard, and Awakening Normal was too easy for me. Radiant Dawn's "Normal" is probably my very upper limit.

In other words, how does SoV's difficulty compare to other games?

Edited by The Awesomest

49 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Thank you! I wish we'd have unlimited Villager's Forks though.

I'd say I spent roughly 1 hour and a half in the Astral Temple... and I also got two Black Pearls. Maybe I was lucky? XD I also found multiple shards of the same type (Taurus, Libra, etc.)

Definitely give the forks to the girls if you can.

For the dudes, you can always fall back on Saber, Jesse and Kamui, plus any villagers you made a Mercenary and/or Dean. Or Atlas at a push...

Aha, I see. Curious if they changed the drop rates or they're not as rare as I thought. Bit lazy to do the Maths right now.

I guess you can get ~42 items per run and the shards have 0.73% to 1.58% rate, so if you got 100s of items, there's a good chance you'll have a few at least.