"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

Are there a finite amount of levels, or is there an item that resets your level to 1 or increases the cap?  I'm a bit wary about early promoting all the time.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rezzy said:

Are there a finite amount of levels, or is there an item that resets your level to 1 or increases the cap?  I'm a bit wary about early promoting all the time.

Yes, that's my main worry, that's why I asked too. I don't want to be stuck at level 20 last class having weak stats.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Every class has a finite amount of level ups except the Mercenary route. But, promotion gets you to the base stats of the class. If you're above that, you don't lose stats(unlike OG Gaiden). Meaning if you've been having shit level ups, it's better to just promote, but there's no harm in waiting til level 20.

6 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Every class has a finite amount of level ups except the Mercenary route. But, promotion gets you to the base stats of the class. If you're above that, you don't lose stats(unlike OG Gaiden). Meaning if you've been having shit level ups, it's better to just promote, but there's no harm in waiting til level 20.

If that's the case, it seems we're severely gimping ourselves by promoting early.

My Lukas is a level 10 Knight right now.  I promoted early from Soldier around level 10, I think.

His stats

HP: 38

Atk: 18

Skill: 8

Spd: 6

Lck: 4

Def: 17

Res: 2

If he just gets 19 chances at level up after Baron, he's never going to come even close to his caps.  Unless the end game enemies are sever push-overs, it seems like early promotion isn't as good as everyone is saying it is.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If that's the case, it seems we're severely gimping ourselves by promoting early.

My Lukas is a level 10 Knight right now.  I promoted early from Soldier around level 10, I think.

His stats

HP: 38

Atk: 18

Skill: 8

Spd: 6

Lck: 4

Def: 17

Res: 2

If he just gets 19 chances at level up after Baron, he's never going to come even close to his caps.  Unless the end game enemies are sever push-overs, it seems like early promotion isn't as good as everyone is saying it is.

I've taken a look at the enemy stats, on normal mode it seems like regular old gaiden.

9 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

I've taken a look at the enemy stats, on normal mode it seems like regular old gaiden.

I'm playing on hard mode.  I'm not sure how much tougher that is than Normal.  Is there a Lunatic after you beat hard?

5 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

growths are improved from gaiden, but one of the reasons you promote early is because experience gains become pitiful

it becomes overly tedious

I suppose if I hit a wall, I could always promote, but there was only one point where I felt I had to go back and grind so far.  Granted, I'm not very far yet.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm playing on hard mode.  I'm not sure how much tougher that is than Normal.  Is there a Lunatic after you beat hard?

I suppose if I hit a wall, I could always promote, but there was only one point where I felt I had to go back and grind so far.  Granted, I'm not very far yet.

You didn't need to grind at all in Gaiden, and I know about the "postgame" but I somewhat doubt you need a full team of people with maxed stats, though I haven't played it myself.

If you care about getting the most stats then yes you would want to wait but it's not necessary.

Edited by Tryhard

So I looked around to see if I could find turn limits for battles, like in Gaiden, but I couldn't find any. Have turn limits been removed, or am I just not looking in the right place?

My one big question: in this game, like it others, should you wait to max a characters stats before class changing? 

I changed all of the villagers' classes as soon as I could, but I just got the notification that Lukas can upgrade from soldier to knight (he is a lv 7 soldier) and I was wondering if I should upgrade him asap, or wait. Does it matter to max level stats (like in awakening and fates) or not? 

In terms of the Pegasus Sisters, how does Catria turn out? I am slowly putting together the team I will actually use for Chapter 6, and I am leaning towards her, but she is starting off a bit weak. 

Do the Revenants at Novis graveyard respawn at some point after act 2?

I never refought them before as I didn't see the need to grind or return to the priory, so I noticed just now (at the start of act 3) that there's a quest requiring you to kill 20 of them. It's probably no big deal even if i'm unable to complete it, but it would be nice nevertheless.

So, I got Atlas and Celica's C support. Atlas says: 

You saved my life, remember?

And that's cool and all but the thing is: I don't recall this? Am I missing something? Did I forget something that happened or did I straight up miss the event he's referring to?

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

And that's cool and all but the thing is: I don't recall this? Am I missing something? Did I forget something that happened or did I straight up miss the event he's referring to?

In the Japanese version, he says "I'm obliged to you" instead. Probably a localization error.

9 hours ago, Sias said:

Do the Revenants at Novis graveyard respawn at some point after act 2?

I never refought them before as I didn't see the need to grind or return to the priory, so I noticed just now (at the start of act 3) that there's a quest requiring you to kill 20 of them. It's probably no big deal even if i'm unable to complete it, but it would be nice nevertheless.

You have to beat the game, I'm afraid, haha.

8 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Hmm, that confused me a little. I thought he was exaggerating, like you're a life-saver kinda thing.

Not the first mistake I've found though; no idea why Thunderclap claims to halve terrain bonuses. Unless it was a beta thing.

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

In the Japanese version, he says "I'm obliged to you" instead. Probably a localization error.

40 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

You have to beat the game, I'm afraid, haha.

Hmm, that confused me a little. I thought he was exaggerating, like you're a life-saver kinda thing.

Not the first mistake I've found though; no idea why Thunderclap claims to halve terrain bonuses. Unless it was a beta thing.

Gotcha, thanks guys!

Q: For the "Blitzkrieg" medal, does it count turns rewinded with Mila's Turnwheel, or just the overall amount of turns to beat the final boss?

I am trying to do most of the sidequests and explore as much as possible, but also am not really grinding whatsoever on Hard Classic. I'm just wondering how difficult the medal can be to obtain.

Is there a limit on the amount of support convos you can get?  I got C with Alm, with Faye and Clair, but then never really got any more.

Chapter 3 Celica Route:

Spoiler

Is it possible to recruit both Deen and Sonya or is it one or the other like in the original FE2?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a limit on the amount of support convos you can get?  I got C with Alm, with Faye and Clair, but then never really got any more.

There's no limit. Some supports are locked behind story (or act, specifically) progress, but otherwise there's no caveats 

1 minute ago, r_n said:

There's no limit. Some supports are locked behind story (or act, specifically) progress, but otherwise there's no caveats 

Cool, now I don't have to worry about saving them.