"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

So are you supposed to be using every character in every chapter? I just hit act 4 and the first map with berkut feels a decent bit harder.most of my characters arestill in their second classes from about lvl 4-10 (exceptions being godly sage clive, my saints, and falcon claire) Luthier and delthea are still mages, clive and forscyth feel pretty useless, and my gray is forced into the lightning sword to do more than 1's, and lukas is in the same boat at lvl 10 knight with only 14def and 1's syndrome unless i hand him a weapon. 

So tl;dr, are you supposed to dump your rng screwed units, or grind EVERYONE on both sides since the maps seem  to let you use literally everyone almost every map.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good place to get Steel Lances?  I'm at the quest to get 5, and I only had one.

49 minutes ago, Twilightmage said:

So are you supposed to be using every character in every chapter? I just hit act 4 and the first map with berkut feels a decent bit harder.most of my characters arestill in their second classes from about lvl 4-10 (exceptions being godly sage clive, my saints, and falcon claire) Luthier and delthea are still mages, clive and forscyth feel pretty useless, and my gray is forced into the lightning sword to do more than 1's, and lukas is in the same boat at lvl 10 knight with only 14def and 1's syndrome unless i hand him a weapon. 

So tl;dr, are you supposed to dump your rng screwed units, or grind EVERYONE on both sides since the maps seem  to let you use literally everyone almost every map.

This game lets you grind, which can help build up your lower leveled guys.  Even using everybody doesn't spread the XP too thin, since in this game, you only really have about a dozen units, which is about the number of units you want to use in most games.  It's just most other games give you like 40+ playable units.

I have a couple of questions that include Act 4 and Endgame Spoilers:

Spoiler

1) Can the Emperor Lance, Emperor Shield, and Kriemhild be obtained by the player? If so, how?

2) What does the skill "Reconstruct" do, exactly? The site mentions it shuffles all non-Res growths on the unit equipped to it, but how does this work in practice?

3) Is there any way to obtain stat-boosting provisions aside from quests?

4) Is there any way to cap stats for female units aside from rigging level-ups, or do only males with Villager access have the possibility of doing so?

5) On that note, only one Pitchfork is currently available, correct?

Edited by MrSmokestack

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I have a couple of questions that include Act 4 and Endgame Spoilers:

Hide contents

1) Can the Emperor Lance, Emperor Shield, and Kriemhild be obtained by the player? If so, how?

2) What does the skill "Reconstruct" do, exactly? The site mentions it shuffles all non-Res growths on the unit equipped to it, but how does this work in practice?

3) Is there any way to obtain stat-boosting provisions aside from quests?

4) Is there any way to cap stats for female units aside from rigging level-ups, or do only males with Villager access have the possibility of doing so?

5) On that note, only one Pitchfork is currently available, correct?

1) I'm pretty sure the Kriemhild is obtainable post-game. I've gotten both the Emperor Shield and Lance, but they were both in a DLC.

2) Not sure.

3) Yes, you can craft them in side quests. Any ingredient quests that require Duma Moss give you stat boosting items.

4) Without DLC, it's unlikely. Celica and Faye CAN cap HP naturally, but it's unlikely.

5) Yes, only one right now.

Edited by Slumber

Hi! I have some small questions:

-The sacred springs, is it good to use them at the moment I found them or save them for later? Are there a good option to use the springs or can I give it to a random character?

- I'm playing in Hard-classic, I'm going to be fine if I promote quickly or is better to wait for a bit?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by SniperGYS

9 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

-The sacred springs, is it good to use them at the moment I found them or save them for later? Are there a good option to use the springs or can I give it to a random character?

- I'm playing in Hard-classic, I'm going to be fine if I promote quickly or is better to wait for a bit?

-Use them to help units reach certain stat thresholds. I'd hold off on using them for male characters though, with the exception of Alm, since you can loop them via Dread Fighter --> Villager for infinite leveling, if maxing out stats is your concern. Pitchforks let you turn any character into a villager, allowing you to promote a male unit you like into a mercenary to loop them as well.

Spoiler

Also, if you want an easier time with a certain lategame chapter, I recommend getting a max level forge on the Ridersbane lance and using the springs to ensure one of your units has at least 24 Atk and 26 Spd.

-Promote as soon as possible. Experience gain decays quickly at around Lv. 7-10 and you won't gain additional stats for promoting if your units' current stats are greater than the base stats of the promoted class.

12 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

It's fine to promote quickly, but the units do end up stronger if you promote them at a higher level. When you promote, you're guaranteed certain base stats, and at least +1 to HP, so, if the unit currently has lower stats than the base, they'll gain them when promoting. If they have higher stats than the base, they won't gain anything but the HP upon promotion. So this means that, if you promote early, your units will start the new class closer to the base stats, while if you promote later, your units will start the new class higher than the base stats.

Characters like Delthea and Est have great growths, so they tend to benefit quite a bit from extra levels. Characters in the merc line of classes should be promoted immediately, because Dread Fighters can promote to Villagers, so there's no reason to put the extra exp required to get them to higher levels. I think that it's useful to get at least a few characters to higher levels before promoting, but it depends on how much time/effort you want to put into that.

Wait... So, everyone that I didn't made a Mercenary is now doomed?  Darn... I only made Gray a mercenary...

Then I'm going to see how much I can advance with no promotion, and return to the shrines later!

Thanks a lot!!

6 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

Is there any way to make Nomah and Mycen viable? Especially Nomah. I'm considering to reclass him to Villager through the Pitchfork.

Starsphere DLC and the Demon Ring in postgame can fix their growths, while the Pitchfork can loop them through Dread Fighter --> Villager ad infinitum.

3 minutes ago, spiderbrush said:

Should I make Atlas a Mercenary or Archer? If it helps any, I'm not going to get Deen.

Atlas' biggest issues are his speed & skill (wow its almost like he's an axe man trapped in an axe-less game). Mercenary fixes those issues almost instantly. Mine also got lucky on his speed growths, so even though he's kind of inaccurate he often doubles with a steel sword on celica's pretty slow route. 

On a more equipment-related note, I find myself really lacking in bows so letting Leon hold on to his stuff was more effecient to me. Also meant cheaper forges since I can ignore the weaker bows and such. 

Plus if you're into power gaming, merc lets you loop back to villager, so that's a plus.

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Wait... So, everyone that I didn't made a Mercenary is now doomed?  Darn... I only made Gray a mercenary...

Then I'm going to see how much I can advance with no promotion, and return to the shrines later!

Thanks a lot!!

My point was only that there's definitely no need to level up beyond promotion time for the Mercenary lines, since they have the promotion loop and you level up the fastest at lower levels in all classes. I didn't use the promotion loop on my playthrough, but it's available if you want to use it, it allows you to make the most powerful units possible. That's, of course, not necessary for the game. There's also a free Villager's Fork in the DLC, I believe, which allows anyone to go back to Villager.

It can take a lot of experience to level people beyond around level 10, so it takes more work. I'd say put most of your work into a few favorites, and promote most people close to the time promotion is first available. Or however you want!

I'm really sorry if these questions have been asked already:

I know Atlas' recommended class has been asked literally 2 posts ago, but in terms of his canon class, is there some sort of consensus as to what it is? I mean, Gray as a mercenary, Tobin as an archer, and Kliff as a mage seems to be well agreed upon, but I've never seen anyone post about a canon class for Atlas.

How are the experience gains compared to Easy Mode Gaiden? I found the experience gains in Easy Mode Gaiden to be quite low compared to most Fire Emblem gains, and I'm hoping they've increased it by at least twice the amount.

How do support conversations/bonus' work? Do they require the respective supporting units to stand beside each other enough to get the conversations to activate?

After defeating the main game and going to chapter 6, how are the "infinite sources of experience"? Are they as good an experience source as the skirmishes in Awakening?

If I were to play through Echoes on a road trip without internet access, is there anything crucial I should know beforehand or any maps I should sketch out before playing through it?

On a similar note, how hard would it be to make a "complete" file without internet access on said road trip? (Perfect as in, didn't miss out on any unique weapons or items)

Has the "Alm's Team being trapped in the volcano" part been changed or altered in any way? I felt that part was badly designed from a gameplay perspective (in terms of constantly having Alm's team face dragon skirmishes) and needed fixing.

Regarding the Lost Forest in Celica's side, how much has it changed? Is it still really hard to exit without a map? Are the high experience zombies still there and are they still an ideal source for training?

22 minutes ago, Seishin said:

I thought the gold knight base res is 6?

IMG_0658.PNG

I noticed this also (with a variety of different characters in different classes). It looks for me like no one gains res on promotion, no matter the class. Base res seems to be to calculate enemy stats. I would love to have more detail, though.

11 minutes ago, Not_The_NSA said:

What happens when you Streetpass Echoes?

You get to see their Card, and sometimes they'll have a present, indicated by a little present icon. You need to go into the Streetpass option in the menu and click on their name to receive said present.

I'm not sure what determined the receiving of a present though.

@Randoman

1 hour ago, Randoman said:
  Hide contents

Has the "Alm's Team being trapped in the volcano" part been changed or altered in any way? I felt that part was badly designed from a gameplay perspective (in terms of constantly having Alm's team face dragon skirmishes) and needed fixing.

Regarding the Lost Forest in Celica's side, how much has it changed? Is it still really hard to exit without a map? Are the high experience zombies still there and are they still an ideal source for training?

I'm not sure how it was in Gaiden, but Dracozombies will spawn every time Celica moves, unless one already exists (iirc). I did Alm's part after I got Celica to Duma's Tower, then finished Alm's part up until the blockage, then finished Celica's.

The Lost Forest probably isn't as tough to get through anymore (I remember seeing a map of it before). There's now a little hint system to get around.

A sign at the start says something along the lines of, "Follow the people and they will lead to the village," and there are little people like statues around that will lead to the exit. Another sign says, "The towers lead to treasure," and little stone towers (Like this almost) appear near where the treasure is. It's still a bit confusing though, so it's not a cakewalk.

Also wandering enemies exist so... yeah.

Edited by Emerson

25 minutes ago, de-carabas said:

So I did Zeke's map before Tatiana's and saved. It's too late for me right? I've lost both of them? I have to restart again don't I?

Yeah, you won't get either of them now.

14 hours ago, Randoman said:

I'm really sorry if these questions have been asked already:

I know Atlas' recommended class has been asked literally 2 posts ago, but in terms of his canon class, is there some sort of consensus as to what it is? I mean, Gray as a mercenary, Tobin as an archer, and Kliff as a mage seems to be well agreed upon, but I've never seen anyone post about a canon class for Atlas.

Reveal hidden contents

He was shown as a Cav in an earlier video, so I'd go with that

Spoiler

It's made significantly easier knows. It only blocks the way after the Dragon's maw, but you can still get back. 

13 hours ago, Seishin said:

I thought the gold knight base res is 6?

Res don't improve on promotion. It can only improves on level up, if you're lucky. Which means Valbar can stay the whole game with 0 Res.

Does anyone know where I can find a Duma Moss, and where can I farm those Dragon Scale thing for the Dracoshield quest?

Also, in my playthrough, I made Tobin an Archer, Faye a Cleric, Gray a Cavalier, Kliff and Atlas a Mercenary.  Do you think there were better options for these villager characters?

Edited by Dark Paladin X

7 minutes ago, Dark Paladin X said:

Does anyone know where I can find a Duma Moss, and where can I farm those Dragon Scale thing for the Dracoshield quest?

Also, in my playthrough, I made Tobin an Archer, Faye a Cleric, Gray a Cavalier, Kliff and Atlas a Mercenary.  Do you think there were better options for these villager characters?

Duma Moss can be found next to the Mila Idol in most Rigelian dungeons.

You get exactly 4 Dragon Scales in-game and potentially more from the Astral Temple/Inner Sanctum.

1. Mila's Chamber in the Temple of Mila
2. Dropped by Dolth
3. Randomly from "It's Oil Right" sub-quest at the Sluice Gate.
4. Dropped by the boss of Archanea Seaway 4

31 minutes ago, Dark Paladin X said:

Tobin is decent as an Archer but works best as a Mage

Faye's good to go. She's also good as a Mage, but Cleric is her best class.

Gray works best as a Mercenary. You're actually the first person i met who didn't make Gray a Mercenary.

Kliff is probably decent as a Mercenary, but he works best as a Cavalier or Archer. Pretty decent as a Mage too.

Atlas is good to go.