"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

1 hour ago, Lanko said:

1) Pair Up isn't in this game? What about Dual Attacks/Dual Guards?

2) Characters can carry only one item? But is that a special item or all items? Like instead of carrying Iron Lance, Javelin, Beast Killer, Steel Lance and Vulnerary I can only carry one of them? Someone asked and got replied but just to be 100% sure...

3) Are there characters who only have 1-2 supports? I never liked that some characters had tons of support options and others too few.

1) No.

2) You're limited to one item, be it a weapon, ring, shield or item.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

3) Are there characters who only have 1-2 supports? I never liked that some characters had tons of support options and others too few.

Yes. However, base conversations exist to flesh out characters and nobody has tons of supports in the first place. E.g.: Alm only has 3 support chains and 7 counting those without convos. In fact, the majority of the cast doesn't have more than 1-2 support chains.

Edited by Cyas

10 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Not sure if this was answered, but if a Mage is reclassed into a villager, then changed to a cleric, do they keep their old spells?

We don't know currently since the reclass item is not in the game, but I doubt it. It would be way to OP.

I have my own question, but it's a bit spoilery:

Spoiler

Is Hark's role in the game changed? It now seems that Alm just promotes at a Mila's shrine at level 20 rather then Celica speaking to Hark, based on some footage of a stream I saw on YouTube. So I was wondering if Hark provides something else. I'm pretty sure he has some kind of connection with Conrad, based on Base Conversations.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

We don't know currently since the reclass item is not in the game, but I doubt it. It would be way to OP.

I have my own question, but it's a bit spoilery:

Hide contents

Is Hark's role in the game changed? It now seems that Alm just promotes at a Mila's shrine at level 20 rather then Celica speaking to Hark, based on some footage of a stream I saw on YouTube. So I was wondering if Hark provides something else. I'm pretty sure he has some kind of connection with Conrad, based on Base Conversations.

Spoiler

Hark still unlocks Alm's promotion when Celica speaks to him. But rather than promoting automatically, he needs a Mila's statue like everyone else.
Celica's promotion is also a bit different. She promotes at Mila's Temple at the end of Chapter 3 rather than at Grieth's Fortress.

9 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:
  Hide contents

Hark still unlocks Alm's promotion when Celica speaks to him. But rather than promoting automatically, he needs a Mila's statue like everyone else.
Celica's promotion is also a bit different. She promotes at Mila's Temple at the end of Chapter 3 rather than at Grieth's Fortress.

Oh, okay thanks.

14 minutes ago, Leif said:

Are there only a handful of Villager Forks in the game, or can you get an unlimited amount?

They're not in the game currently.
Probably saved for a DLC map.

I did played the World of Shadows in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I just saw Clair have a conversation with Veronica that it looked like her attitude and personality gotten tough changed like she is mocking Veronica that she saids it's laughable to serve someone who is too young that I don't see that in one of Clair's conversations in the original game nor Awakening instead of being keeping it wanted to help out the Deliverance/keeping the innocent look just like in the original game? What other attitude and personality does Clair have got changed in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia?

Screenshot_20170414-1014151_zpsggipcqqv.

Edited by King Marth 64

14 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did played the World of Shadows in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I just saw Clair have a conversation with Veronica that it looked like her attitude and personality gotten tough changed like she is mocking Veronica that she saids it's laughable to serve someone who is too young that I don't see that in one of Clair's conversations in the original game nor Awakening instead of being keeping it wanted to help out the Deliverance/keeping the innocent look just like in the original game? What other attitude and personality does Clair have got changed in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia?

Screenshot_20170414-1014151_zpsggipcqqv.

Yeah Clair has kind of gotten a touch of snobby in SoV, since she is nobility. It's not too bad though, well form what I've seen of translated supports and base conversations.

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah Clair has kind of gotten a touch of snobby in SoV, since she is nobility. It's not too bad though, well form what I've seen of translated supports and base conversations.

Alright and also, did she have any snobby conversations in Echoes: Shadows of Valenita similar to like how Clair mocks Veronica in Heroes, I kinda wondered how Clair will might react if she did ask Alm about ages like Alm is basically one year younger than Clair? This is kind like "Wow, just wow, they managed changed her personality and attitude." when I first saw this happening.

Edited by King Marth 64

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Alright and also, did she have any snobby conversations in Echoes: Shadows of Valenita similar to like how Clair mocks Veronica in Heroes, I kinda wondered how Clair will might react if she did ask Alm about ages like Alm is basically one year younger than Clair? This is kind like "Wow, just wow, they managed changed her personality and attitude." when I first saw this happening.

Aren't you taking this a little too seriously? Veronica is after all a stranger forcibly summoning and making heroes fight so Clair's reaction isn't that far-fetched. Personally I prefer it to other heroes just taking it in stride but to each their own. As for SoV she has the usual noble lady speech but overall she's pretty nice. 

2 hours ago, veetasoy said:

Have there been any impressions on the map design from either previews or data miners? I saw some maps in the trailers, but they looked really bland -- lots of open, empty spaces like Awakening's. 

From what I've heard, despite the maps' blandness, they still require actual strategy to beat, as opposed to just letting your strongest unit solo the game. I've heard the game actually gets challenging, even on Normal. But i've also heard conflicting reports that the AI on Normal is stupid.

Hey guise. Is it better to promote as soon as possible or to wait like other FE ?

I'm aware of that base stat thing, I promoted my villagers asap, but i'm wondering about T2/T3.

+ I heard that the only dancer you can get is Faye as a priestress, is it true ?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

Hey guise. Is it better to promote as soon as possible or to wait like other FE ?

I'm aware of that base stat thing, I promoted my villagers asap, but i'm wondering about T2/T3.

+ I heard that the only dancer you can get is Faye as a priestress, is it true ?

Thanks.

- Yes, promote as soon as possible, for every class. This is because characters automatically gain the missing base stats for the class they're promoting to, so there's no point in waiting.

- True. However she learns the Again spell very late (you'll need grinding) and costs many HP. Don't know if it's worth it actually.

Edited by Pikappa93

17 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

- Yes, promote as soon as possible, for every class. This is because characters automatically gain the missing base stats for the class they're promoting into, so there's no point in waiting.

- True. However she learns the Again spell very late (you'll need grinding) and costs many HP. Don't know if it's worth it actually.

Ok but for exemple :

My Gray is a lvl 9 Mercenary with 30HP/13ATK/15SPD. If i promote him now, he doesn't gain ATK nor SPD. So why should i promote him ? I can promote him lvl 20 and i won't " waste " 11lvl :(

Unless max lvl in the game is 99 ?

Edited by CompteSecours
little add

18 minutes ago, CompteSecours said:

Ok but for exemple :

My Gray is a lvl 9 Mercenary with 30HP/13ATK/15SPD. If i promote him now, he doesn't gain ATK nor SPD. So why should i promote him ? I can promote him lvl 20 and i won't " waste " 11lvl :(

Unless max lvl in the game is 99 ?

For a story playthrough, the "missing" levels probably won't make a lot of difference. If you like to grind, you can wait like in a traditional FE game.

You can infinite reclass by repeatedly going through the Mercenary line; Dread Fighter loops back to Village. Once it's release, you can use the Villager's Fork to reclass back to Villager for everyone except Alm and Celica.

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

- Yes, promote as soon as possible, for every class. This is because characters automatically gain the missing base stats for the class they're promoting to, so there's no point in waiting.

Oh good, i was planning on promoting as soon as possible anyway like i do in every FE because i'm impatient when it comes to level ups.

Also, I wouldn't say Again is worth it, Faye learns Again as a Saint. Again costs 24 HP and Saints have a base HP of 30. Doing the math, 30-24=6. Using Again would leave Faye with 6 HP. All it takes after that is just for an Archer to come in and kill her in one hit. So yeah, Again isn't worth it. I do hear that the Cleric line is still Faye's best Class tho.

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

How is Nomah recruited in this game ?

In the original, he was somewhat hidden, pretty random and anticlimatic... Is it similar, here...

Spoiler

It's very similar. He's recruited at the end of a small dungeon inside the Temple of Mila, at the beginning of Chapter 4.

Spoiler

Where do you get Celica's PW, The Zofia? Do you have to forge the Golden Dagger or can you find it somewhere else?

7 hours ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Where do you get Celica's PW, The Zofia? Do you have to forge the Golden Dagger or can you find it somewhere else?

Spoiler

I couldn't find it, so I suppose forging the Golden Dagger is the only way.