"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

18 minutes ago, phoenixmiko said:

When it comes to the Corrin amiibos, do you need one to summon both genders in the game or the pair to summon their respective genders?

You'll likely need the corresponding Corrin to summon the male or female one. Both work identically, i assume, just one summons the male and the other summons the female.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pikappa93 said:

That I don't know, it's hard to tell with the Japanese version. We'll have to wait and see how many letters we can type in NA and EU versions.

Well I'll start playing the Japanese version tomorrow. Ah well, I guess I'll find out soon, huh? 

Just now, Thane said:

Well I'll start playing the Japanese version tomorrow. Ah well, I guess I'll find out soon, huh? 

Spoiler

Yeah, I know. I tried to rename some weapons that had long names in Japanese version (i.e. Steel Sword in the fan translation), but when I tried I only got the first letters available, like "Steel Sw". I'm pretty sure we'll have more letters available in western version, at least that was the case with Awakening and Fates (if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, you can definitely rename the Falchion (just checked).

Apparently this game is really short, how short are talking about?

I also want to know one thing, unfortunately someone spoiled something major to me,

Spoiler

Is it true that Alm kills Celica but she resurrects?

Thank you to anyone who answers.

So I assume promotions still bring you up to base stats, but growths are good now! Shouldn't we still level up as much as possible before promotion? I get that this is probably a matter of opinion, but opinions are welcome.

4 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Apparently this game is really short, how short are talking about?

I also want to know one thing, unfortunately someone spoiled something major to me,

Hide contents

Is it true that Alm kills Celica but she resurrects?

Thank you to anyone who answers.

The game is not short at all, imo. It's not as long as Awakening, but it's longer than Gaiden and probably of Sacred Stones too.

As for your question...

Spoiler

It's true.

Could I potentially, via a lot of grinding, have a single unit learn every skill in their weapon type?

Also,

Spoiler

What units play a significant role in the story? Like on Celica's side it seems to be Mae, Boey, Saber and Conrad. And with Alm it seems to be Mycen, Clive, Lukas, Grey and Tobin. Are there any other units that appear a lot and affect the story more then they usually would?

Edited by Azz

38 minutes ago, Azz said:

Could I potentially, via a lot of grinding, have a single unit learn every skill in their weapon type?

Also,

Hide contents

What units play a significant role in the story? Like on Celica's side it seems to be Mae, Boey, Saber and Conrad. And with Alm it seems to be Mycen, Clive, Lukas, Grey and Tobin. Are there any other units that appear a lot and affect the story more then they usually would?

They can, but they can use the skills only when their respective weapon is equipped. So you can't use a skill you learned from an Iron Sword when you're wielding a Steel Sword (just an example).

Spoiler

Clair also shows up during the story on Alm's side.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Strange, none of my characters (even the 20+ ones like Valbar) can consume the alcoholic items (they're always greyed out). Up to the end of Chapter 2.

Am I missing something here?

The totally intended(tm) use is for the Mila statues or for Silver Marks(preferably the latter)

But really though, not sure myself, I just kinda chalked it up to an oversight, assuming we're both not missing something.

1 minute ago, Fruity Insanity said:

Is it better to promote villagers ASAP or let them level a bit first?

Promote ASAP. When you promote you automatically gain the base stats for the class you're promoting to.

I have two questions:

1. Does the game have that birthday mechanics for each characters like in Awakening and Fates or they did not include that since they got their ages revealed in the game? I don't think I saw their birthdays were shown in the data, just their ages?
  2. Which DLC map in Series 1 has the free to download and the other ones has the paired to download?
Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I have two questions:

1. Does the game have that birthday mechanics for each characters like in Awakening and Fates or they did not include that since they got their ages revealed in the game? I don't think I saw their birthdays were shown in the data, just their ages?
  2. Which DLC map in Series 1 has the free to download and the other ones has the paired to download?

1. It doesn't as far as I know. Also ages despite being there are seemingly irrelevant to any game mechanic.
2. I think free DLCs are the ones that just give you a special item without an actual map, like Boots. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Pikappa93

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I have two questions:

No birthdays and, as mentioned, it looks like ages are a cut feature...

No maps are free right now. Gift from the Goddess 1 is a free DLC that gives you 1x Boots. There are 4 more gifts like these yet to be released.

Alright thanks. And also, I forgot to ask about the Summoning the amiibo, is the summoning from any amiibos from Arts (that was shown in GameXplain's video that it was localized as Arts) counted as a Skill or is it a Spell since they do actually required by Mila's Turnwheel?

Edited by King Marth 64

37 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Alright thanks. And also, I forgot to ask about the Summoning the amiibo, is the summoning from any amiibos from Arts (that was shown in GameXplain's video that it was localized as Arts) counted as a Skill or is it a Spell since they do actually required by Mila's Turnwheel?

It's a skill. You trigger it from the skills menu.

Right now it's not in the skill list on the main site because it's not in the main skill database. I'm guessing the game pulls the skill from a different file.

1 hour ago, Pikappa93 said:

Promote ASAP. When you promote you automatically gain the base stats for the class you're promoting to.

Should you though? The all of villager's promotion bases are so low that you may as well continue on as a villager because you vastly overdo them even at level 10 (in my experience at least). Did they change the base stats of the villager promotions in SoV?

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

3 hours ago, pinguyFrank said:

For those who tested the game,  did the amiibo features are available for the old 3DS and 3DS XL modelsor are restricted for N3DS only?

There's an amiibo adaptor that works on regular Nintendo 3DS systems. It works on all 3DS games in regular 3DS systems that have amiibo compatible.

Edited by King Marth 64