"I just want to know one thing!"- Shadows of Valentia Edition

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Minor spoilers, probably:

Reveal hidden contents

Does Alm still get a guaranteed critical if he's standing next to Celica?

Spoiler

No but he does get a crit bonus

Are villagers/recruitable people permanently lost if you don't recruit them?

I've chosen to recruit all of them so far including Python and Genny as well, but what happens if you leave them?

10 hours ago, Azz said:

Can white magic spells still randomly double cast?

Doesn't seem that way.

24 minutes ago, s07195 said:

Are villagers/recruitable people permanently lost if you don't recruit them?

I've chosen to recruit all of them so far including Python and Genny as well, but what happens if you leave them?

Don't think so, and they just sit there until you go back and get them, as far as I've seen.

8 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Doesn't seem that way.

Don't think so, and they just sit there until you go back and get them, as far as I've seen.

...Is there a reason NOT to recruit them then? lol

Are the revival shrines still present on casual mode or do they offer some other effect? Also, around how many are there?

15 minutes ago, Azz said:

Are the revival shrines still present on casual mode or do they offer some other effect? Also, around how many are there?

There are two per route if I'm not mistaken (and I'm pretty sure you can use them at least more than once). As for what they do on Casual mode I don't know, that's an intersting question.

Just now, Pikappa93 said:

Kliff and Faye. Tobin and Gray are mandatory for Alm's route.

Ah no, I should have reworded that. I meant if all recruitable characters could be recruited by the other side's team, and not just Faye and Kliff (who knew Celica personally).

Just now, s07195 said:

Ah no, I should have reworded that. I meant if all recruitable characters could be recruited by the other side's team, and not just Faye and Kliff (who knew Celica personally).

Oh, sorry about that. I'm not entirely sure since I haven't tested it myself, but I think Celica can recruit all characters from Alm's party that Alm doesn't recruit in Chapter 1 (but again, some are mandatory). I don't think it's possible for later chapters though.

24 minutes ago, s07195 said:

I think it's just Faye and Kliff.

Celica does have special dialogue with Silque, Forsyth and Python, but none of them join.

29 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think it's just Faye and Kliff.

Celica does have special dialogue with Silque, Forsyth and Python, but none of them join.

Does Silque say anything about the crew that saved her but left her knocked out all alone in a dungeon? XD

11 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

How does one recruit Faye/Kliff to Celica's route?

Basically don;t recruit them with Alm and come the end of chapter 2, before heading into the castle with Celica, head south for Ram Village and talk to them.

10 minutes ago, ZoeTrent said:

Do all Knights and Barons have the same bulky armor that Valbar has? Like if I make Gray a Knight will he wear that armor?

Valbar has somewhat unique armour as a knight, but for the most part all knights and barons do have similar armour.

4 minutes ago, lbrasz44 said:

Not entirely too sure if this question was asked, but is it still the case where its better to promote units as soon as you can?

If you want all max stats, wait and promote at level 20, but you might have to grind a lot. Other than that, you might as well promote asap.

Edited by Azz

So, since the Japanese version is out, does Risa Taneda still voice Palla? Her career has been on hiatus since September last year, but I'm not sure if they already did all of the voice work prior to that.

I'm gonna get the game in like a week or so, but the curiosity is killing me.

I asked this before, but it got ignored, so does anybody know the crit evade formula?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

9 hours ago, s07195 said:

Does Silque say anything about the crew that saved her but left her knocked out all alone in a dungeon? XD

Hmm, I actually dunno what the conditions for the Celica conversation are. I assume you need to rescue her, but maybe you can leave her knocked out. I am doing a playthrough where I skip her (I feel so freaking bad) so maybe I can check.

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, since the Japanese version is out, does Risa Taneda still voice Palla? Her career has been on hiatus since September last year, but I'm not sure if they already did all of the voice work prior to that.

I'm gonna get the game in like a week or so, but the curiosity is killing me.

It is indeed Risa Taneda.

I have a feeling voices were recorded before that, yeah. Maybe she did them around the same time as Heroes?