Anyone Else Dissapointed With The...

I am personally dissapointed by the fact that the classes remain unchanged from Gaiden's classes. I was hoping that they would add some new classes, like third tier classes for the classes that didn't have them in the original, or making one villager (Atlas) have access to the brigand class). I still believe that the game will still be good regardless, but I really wanted archsages or seraph knights to return as well as new third tier classes for the cleric and the femal mages.

Edit: I have never played gaiden, so I don't now which classes are overpowered or bad. Just letting you know.

Edited by Something Witty

I don't think this is an issue.  In the original Gaiden, any class that had only 1st and 2nd teirs had some special ability in battle that gave them an advantage over teir 3 units.

Falcon Knights dealt effective damage to monsters.  The remake has apparently changed this to just 10 extra damage.

Saints, or promoted Clerics, healed 5 HP to all adjacent allies at the start of each turn, much like with items like the Holy ring.  This stacked with rings and other HP regeneration items making them like the healing Jars from Chapter 1-4 from Radiant dawn.

Sages healed 5 HP to themselves each turn, likely to balance out the amount of HP they lose with spell-casting.

Preistesses gained access to swords at melee range, and is akin to Celica's starting class.  

I don't know how the Saints and Sages had their class abilities altered, if at all, but this made the classes more balanced.  Or... that was the Idea.  Falcon knights were OP in the original.....  I dunno how much more useful they'll be here, but we'll just have to wait and see.  

Edited by Lord Tullus

1 minute ago, Lord Tullus said:

I don't think this is an issue.  In the original Gaiden, any class that had only 1st and 2nd teirs had some special ability in battle that gave them an advantage over teir 3 units.

Falcon Knights dealt effective damage to monsters.  The remake has apparently changed this to just 10 extra damage.

Saints, or promoted Clerics, healed 5 HP to all adjacent allies at the start of each turn, much like with items like the Holy ring.  This stacked with rings and other HP regeneration items making them like the healing Jars from Chapter 1-4 from Radiant dawn.

Sages healed 5 HP to themselves each turn, likely to balance out the amount of HP they lose with spell-casting.

I don't know how the Saints and Sages had their class abilities altered, if at all, but this made the classes more balanced.  Or... that was the Idea.  Falcon knights were OP in the original.....  I dunno how much more useful they'll be here, but we'll just have to wait and see.  

I think that's pretty cool, but whatt about female mages? Do they get some type of skill that helps them since they can't promote

Just now, Something Witty said:

I think that's pretty cool, but whatt about female mages? Do they get some type of skill that helps them since they can't promote

Female mages got access to swords upon promotion, basically changing to Celica's class.  Celica's promotion gave her 0 stat increases but opened her up to get more levels, so she was really the only unit in Gaiden you needed to get to level 15 or higher before promoting.

1 minute ago, Lord Tullus said:

Female mages got access to swords upon promotion, basically changing to Celica's class.  Celica's promotion gave her 0 stat increases but opened her up to get more levels, so she was really the only unit in Gaiden you needed to get to level 15 or higher before promoting.

I know that preistesses get access to swords, but do non-Celica mages get a special skill since the princess was basically a third tier female mage, but accessible by Celica only. Or is the sword the only bonus that they get?

12 minutes ago, Lord Tullus said:

Preistesses gained access to swords at melee range, and is akin to Celica's starting class.  

This is what I mean.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'm mainly hoping they balance existing classes, see my armored class topic.

Yeah, 4 movement does seem annoying. They should probably just give them one extra movement. Or maybe they not, because I believe speed rings give characters atleast +1 movement. 

7 minutes ago, Something Witty said:

I know that preistesses get access to swords, but do non-Celica mages get a special skill since the princess was basically a third tier female mage, but accessible by Celica only. Or is the sword the only bonus that they get?

No.  Really you only had the spells that each character learned differently to make them different from other spell-casters.  For example, Mae learned aura around level 9, but Sonia never learned it.

Edited by Lord Tullus

Just now, Something Witty said:

Yeah, 4 movement does seem annoying. They should probably just give them one extra movement. Or maybe they not, because I believe speed rings give characters atleast +1 movement. 

I have several ideas for buffing Armor Knights, but I don't think Echoes did anyone based off the admittedly incomplete info, we have now.

I'd like to see one game where Armor Knights have normal infantry move, just to see how much it'd help.

Just now, Lord Tullus said:

No.  Really you only had the spells that each character learned differently to make them different from other spell-casters.

Ok then. I just hope that all characters that become preistesses atleast get really good spells

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I have several ideas for buffing Armor Knights, but I don't think Echoes did anyone based off the admittedly incomplete info, we have now.

I'd like to see one game where Armor Knights have normal infantry move, just to see how much it'd help.

Maybe in Fire emblem switch. I'm going to assume that armor knights are your favorite class.

56 minutes ago, Something Witty said:

Maybe in Fire emblem switch. I'm going to assume that armor knights are your favorite class.

I like a lot of classes, but Armor Knights I feel get shortchanged a lot, and it'd be nice to see that addressed.

I mean almost all of my other loved classes have been exemplary once, I can't think of a single time for Armor Knights. 

Edited by Emperor Hardin

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I like a lot of classes, but Armor Knights I feel get shortchanged a lot, and it'd be nice to see that addressed.

I mean almost all of my other loved classes have been exemplary once, I can't think of a single time for Armor Knights. 

Valbar's chin is a good place to start for the redemption of Generals.

31 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

What about Fates? Knights looked like they got improved there.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What about Fates? Knights looked like they got improved there.

They were one of the few games to do something for Armor Knights, but even there Benoit was mostly average/eh, while Effie typically becomes something like a Berserker or Paladin to maximize her ability. It also continued the bad idea of Great Knights having more weapons then Generals.

Off the top of my head, the other games where Armor Knights have something are:

* Gaiden: Due to warp and desert chapters, Otherwise the usual Armored problems.

* Radiant Dawn: Gave Armored units more weapons then other classes, high resistance, and good skills, but still held back by movement endgame.

* DS games: Quick reclassing means General is a good class to get ALOT of defense and to grow stats, but its max stats are awful so no one uses it in the final chapters or multiplayer.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

16 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

They were one of the few games to do something for Armor Knights, but even there Benoit was mostly average/eh, while Effie typically becomes something like a Berserker or Paladin to maximize her ability. It also continued the bad idea of Great Knights having more weapons then Generals.

Off the top of my head, the other games where Armor Knights have something are:

* Gaiden: Due to warp and desert chapters, Otherwise the usual Armored problems.

* Radiant Dawn: Gave Armored units more weapons then other classes, high resistance, and good skills, but still held back by movement endgame.

* DS games: Quick reclassing means General is a good class to get ALOT of defense and to grow stats, but its max stats are awful so no one uses it in the final chapters or multiplayer.

I personally felt they were better in Fates because evade wasn't nearly as reliable as in past games, for one, and second, Wary Fighter makes the biggest issue they have disappear. I don't know what's this about Effie wanting to be a Berserker (in fact, I think it reeks of the stench of "bad idea"), since losing a lot of defence and being vulnerable to random critical hits is no bueno.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I personally felt they were better in Fates because evade wasn't nearly as reliable as in past games, for one, and second, Wary Fighter makes the biggest issue they have disappear. I don't know what's this about Effie wanting to be a Berserker (in fact, I think the stench of "bad idea" wafts from that one), since losing a lot of defence and being vulnerable to random critical hits is no bueno.

Well Effie has a very high speed growth so I've heard people say its wasted on her as a General. Benoit, the typical Armor Knight is average.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

12 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Well Effie has a very high speed growth so I've heard people say its wasted on her as a General. Benoit, the typical Armor Knight is average.

You have a point there, but tbf, I find Fighters even worse off in general - and Fates did diddly squat to improve their standing.