So I am planing on doing a hard mode run of Awakening with minimal DLC and grinding with no Frederick Emblem.  I plan to use the following pairs:

Chrom x Robin

Lissa x Libra

Maribelle x Virion

Cordelia x Ricken

Sumia x Henry

Robin!Lucina x Brady

Chrom!Morgan x Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Owain x Ricken!Severa

Everyone else is optional but I'm thinking that it will be easier to manage with fewer units.

Seems reasonable, you don't need any DLC/grinding either tbh. Though why Maribelle/Virion and Ricken/Cordelia, if anything I'd swap those parents around.

52 minutes ago, disjunct.ion said:

Seems reasonable, you don't need any DLC/grinding either tbh. Though why Maribelle/Virion and Ricken/Cordelia, if anything I'd swap those parents around.

Agreed, especially with Ricken/Cordelia. Though it is a decent pair, Ricken is arguably one of the best +Mag fathers, if not the best, in the game and would be best paired with another Mag user. Unless you want a good healing falcoknight, I would suggest him fathering someone other than Severa.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:22 AM, disjunct.ion said:

I am thinking of a faster Brady and a +mag Severa, mostly though I wanted to see if they would all work out.  Plus I wanted to have as rapid supports as possible while making an interesting change from my normal route for pairings.

Well anything can work in HM so that seems fine, but you may want to supplement their combat with forges if their low str/mag becomes an issue.

3 hours ago, disjunct.ion said:

Well anything can work in HM so that seems fine, but you may want to supplement their combat with forges if their low str/mag becomes an issue.

I slightly doubt that I would go for forged weapons but I will keep it in mind when and if I use them (although I did a +def/-lck Robin normal run and Lucina and Morgan seemed to be fine).