Arena Dream Team!?!?

ReaperXW

I posted this on a different forum but wanted to start some discussion here....

What's your arena dream team and why? Would it be for defense or offense.

I think my dream team would be Ryoma, Takumi, Nowi, and Nino(or Healer).... give them all advantage and it's GG

My defense dream is already achieved: Young Tiki, Nowi, Ryoma and Takumi. Every single one of them has Close Counter, Lightning Breath+ or Raijinto. Slapped all of them with Vantage for good measure (Okay I'm actually still working on Takumi's) and Defiant Atk 3 for maximum damage during vantage range. The amount of defense wins I get is so hilariously high that I couldn't be any prouder.

As for offense, Young Tiki / Nowi / Ninian is my dream core, which I already have as well. Now it's just a matter of getting at least my Nowi to 40+10, because I'm not whale enough to do it for Young Tiki or Ninian.

I'm sorry Supreme Lord Tiki, I have failed you...

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I would love to make a full dragon team with Y!Tiki, Ninian, and Nowi. 

But my first dream, yes the very first, is a team full of counters. Ryoma, Nowi, Takumi and Hector. 

Sadly of those 6 units, I only have Nowi and Takumi. Being F2P, I have a long way to go before either dream is realized.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I would love to make a full dragon team with Y!Tiki, Ninian, and Nowi. 

But my first dream, yes the very first, is a team full of counters. Ryoma, Nowi, Takumi and Hector. 

Sadly of those 6 units, I only have Nowi and Takumi. Being F2P, I have a long way to go before either dream is realized.

If it's any consolation, I dropped $75 total on the game, which was like 140 orbs. And I got absolutely everyone I wanted, so maybe you aren't that far off from those teams either. Granted, I was ridiculously lucky with my Ryoma (I got him in the same pull as one of my Lucina(s), and he was +Spd/-Res to boot), so not sure how long you'll take in that department. Of course, as a semi-F2P player, I must suck it in and skip certain focus summons if I want to have enough orbs for when it really matters. I also researched drop rates to see if controlled pulling can increase my odds while using less orbs. Still, good luck on acquiring those teams; dragon teams are really fun after all!

Well, I already have +ATK/-RES Lucina, who was on my "dream team" prior to getting her. I also have Azura, but I kinda wish her nature was better (+HP/-RES isn't *bad*, but it's not ideal either).

Apart from those two, I"m not entirely sure. Perhaps Hector and +ATK Klein?

I'd love to make a team of Ike (When he's released), Ephraim, Hector and Takumi. Just having those 4 units on one team given how powerful they are in their respective games would be pretty cool.

Edited by predator_21476

For offense: Ryoma/Nino core is already perfect for me, though I think my ideal dancer as of the current cast is Azura (but with Hone Atk) since Olivia overlaps color with Ryoma and doesn't really fight that well, but she's fine. The 4th slot I feel should either be a blue horse or a blue flier with either a positioning skill or the combo of rally/fortify def/res, but I'm flexible with that. Reinhardt seems the best option (BST aside) given Azura, although I really like Reposition flier. I could run Reposition Minerva instead.

I have Ryoma/Nino/Reinhardt anyway, though Reinhardt doesn't have fortify def. Oh well. 

Defense: idk but should still be Ryoma-centric. I run vantage on him for a reason. I need to figure out how to defense team right first, though. My team of Vantage!Ryo, Vantage!Takumi, Robin, and Minerva got me an emergency win last season, but i would ideally have dancer + Reinhardt if BST tiers weren't a concern. Wings of Mercy on Minerva sounds pretty funny, esp paired with the Vantage bros.

Edited by Thor Odinson

If caring only about tiers, my ideal team would include Ryoma, Nowi, Hector, and Kagero or Ninian.

If using my faves, I'd use Lyn, Ninian or Cordelia, Cherche or Nino, and Kagero.

1 hour ago, Ryu Yuki said:

My defense dream is already achieved: Young Tiki, Nowi, Ryoma and Takumi. Every single one of them has Close Counter, Lightning Breath+ or Raijinto. Slapped all of them with Vantage for good measure (Okay I'm actually still working on Takumi's) and Defiant Atk 3 for maximum damage during vantage range. The amount of defense wins I get is so hilariously high that I couldn't be any prouder.

As for offense, Young Tiki / Nowi / Ninian is my dream core, which I already have as well. Now it's just a matter of getting at least my Nowi to 40+10, because I'm not whale enough to do it for Young Tiki or Ninian.

Your defense team sounds god like! I'm really hoping they release a strong a strong green unit with counter attack some time soon thats not Hector so I can make a counter attack team with all the colors and a neutral.

14 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

For offense: Ryoma/Nino core is already perfect for me, though I think my ideal dancer as of the current cast is Azura (but with Hone Atk) since Olivia overlaps color with Ryoma and doesn't really fight that well, but she's fine. The 4th slot I feel should either be a blue horse or a blue flier with either a positioning skill or the combo of rally/fortify def/res, but I'm flexible with that. Reinhardt seems the best option (BST aside) given Azura, although I really like Reposition flier. I could run Reposition Minerva instead.

I have Ryoma/Nino/Reinhardt anyway, though Reinhardt doesn't have fortify def. Oh well. 

Defense: idk but should still be Ryoma-centric. I run vantage on him for a reason. I need to figure out how to defense team right first, though. My team of Vantage!Ryo, Vantage!Takumi, Robin, and Minerva got me an emergency win last season, but i would ideally have dancer + Reinhardt if BST tiers weren't a concern.

I'm actually running a similar core offense team right now but with Nino, Ryoma, and Takumi. I like your idea of reposition on a flier. I was actually thinking the other day if there would be a good team utilization positioning skills. I remember someone in arena used a weak ass team that had push, pull, and reposition. I thought I was going to destroy them so I tried waiting for them. One of their characters pushed one character and then that one pulled back one of my characters and the other two attacked. I ended up losing on my opponents third turn :/

Edited by ReaperXW

Just now, ReaperXW said:

Your defense team sounds god like! I'm really hoping they release a strong a strong green unit with counter attack some time soon thats not Hector so I can make a counter attack team with all the colors and a neutral.

I'm actually running a similar core offense team right now but with Nino, Ryoma, and Takumi. I like your idea of reposition on a flier. I was actually thinking the other day if there would be a good team utilization positioning skills. I remember someone in arena used a team weak ass team that had push, pull, and reposition. I thought I was going to destroy them so I tried waiting for them. One of their characters pushed one character and then that one pulled back one of my characters and the other two attacked. I ended up losing on my opponents third turn :/

I run a lot of positioning myself (Swap on Ryoma) and I love having the flexibility. Reposition is also a thing I do with Reinhardt, and I have this strat where I--especially if the enemy is grouped super tight together on those 10th stratum maps--run in with Reinhardt and blick a dude he can ORKO, in order to trigger the enemy movement, dance with Olivia, then reposition Olivia out of the way of the enemies. It's very effective. Here's an example of that if my description isn't apt enough.

I'm not very good at using draw back on enemies but the AI sometimes do a pretty good job of that.

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I run a lot of positioning myself (Swap on Ryoma) and I love having the flexibility. Reposition is also a thing I do with Reinhardt, and I have this strat where I--especially if the enemy is grouped super tight together on those 10th stratum maps--run in with Reinhardt and blick a dude he can ORKO, in order to trigger the enemy movement, dance with Olivia, then reposition Olivia out of the way of the enemies. It's very effective. Here's an example of that if my description isn't apt enough.

I'm not very good at using draw back on enemies but the AI sometimes do a pretty good job of that.

I need try setting up a team like that! Did that work for you on the 4* version of the map? I'm having a hard time with it right now. But i see what you mean, having an Azura or Ninian would really round your team nicely instead of Olivia

Edited by ReaperXW

4 minutes ago, ReaperXW said:

I need try setting up a team like that! Did that work for you on the 4* version of the map? I'm having a hard time with it right now

That is the 4* version of the map.

The requirements of pulling what I did off is fairly uncommon, though. +Spd Ryoma, for one, or else the darting blow thief doubles him even with Hone Spd, and they come with moonblow so i don't think he can live getting doubled unless he's +def then maybe. I think a neutral Reinhardt can pull off just-onerounding Navarre with Hone Atk, though (mine's +atk so he goes over a bit). TAdept Robin can replicate what Ryoma did with the thieves (he will get doubled, but for piddy damage, and Bonfire should blow up on one of them) but he can't fight the axe dude, so you'll need someone else for that. I ran Reposition on Minerva too so she can do the same thing Reinhardt did to Olivia, and she can fight axeguy IIRC. Might need a buff, though. 

Edited by Thor Odinson

I got two teams I'd like to have, first one is: Felicia/Lilina/Ursula/F.Robin

• Felicia will have Drag Back, Iceberg, Poison Strike, and Hone Speed
  • Lilina will be equipped with Drag Back, a Blade Tome, Moonbow, and maybe a breaker skill for her B.
  • Ursula will have Reposition, Moonbow, Fortify DEF, I'll keep her Wolf Tome since Eldigans are pretty popular in the Arena
  • F.Robin will have Drag Back or Swap, a Raven Tome, Bonfire, Triangle Adept, and Fortify RES

In the future I'd like to have a team of: Felicia/Lilina/Isadora/Tanith, the two teams will be for both offense and defense. The main reason I'd want those teams is because I just like those characters.

Mine is -raven Spring Camilla with Draw Back, TA, G Tomebreaker and Hone Speed, +Spd Lucina with Reposition, Distant Counter, and Desperation, -blade Linde with LaD and Breath of Life, and Azura with Hone Attack.  Dies to a stiff breeze, but should be able to reliably ORKO things.

8 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

That is super nasty mean.  Glorious but mean.  I'm happy to say my offensive team deals well with teams like yours but I no doubt would come out bloodied.  

I have three dream teams currently.  Two of which I have the core parts for and the third I can't draw what I need (and the passives are too steep).
1) Dragon Defense (YTiki, Nowi, FCorrin, and Fae) All with Counter breath except Corrin with her regular debuff breath.  And all with fortify dragons.  I'm fairly certain it would be painful and amusing.  Unfortunately I lack Fae, Nowi OR YTiki let alone four spare fortify dragon skills.

2) Mounted Defense (Leo, Reinhardt, Celilia, and Ursula):  Everyone but Reinhardt gets +stacking tombs and sports +Att+Speed Hone Cavalry.  This team is just cruel and may require one or two melee riders (like Eliwood/Abel) to balance out its BST some.  But this team pretty much guarantees a kill on most maps.  They simply get to you too fast to organize and counter defend properly.  I do think well balanced teams can survive the assault but you will almost always loose one or two people due to the massive incoming damage.  I have all the parts for this team just need the feathers to construct it!

3) Flying assault team (Cordelia, Palla, Spring Camilla or Minerva, Bonus): I currently have all the parts for this (except Spring Camilla).  The members of this team are fun individually, but super fun together.  With Spring Camilla with Gronnraven and Triangle adept you can destroy bow users.  Likewise Cordelia with +attack buffs or Deathblow can also solo kill Takumi and all other archers.  The key to making them work in the Arena is sporting Drag back on your primary attackers, and Draw back/Reposition on your Buff units (like Palla).  Their mobility gives you super wonderful baits, and since maps cycle each day you hit your arena clearing hard on a day with favorable maps for fliers.

10 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Hmm I went up against a team of Nowi, Ryoma and Takumi + one healer, all with Vantage, last season. That wasn't an older version of your team? (Oh probably not if you're still working on Takumi's)

Young Tiki with Lightning Breath in that team would definitly have made it more difficult for me to deal with i have to say...

I'd want to be able to take the arena by storm with a team full of Ikes and Elincia. PoR Ike, RD Ike, CYL Ike, and then Elincia (probably RD Elincia). Or if we get a fourth variation of Ike, I'd use a team completely made up of Ike. :P But it likely wouldn't be balanced enough.

So many people saying dragon teams makes me happy as a Julia user. I'd have to say Julia, Azura, Effie, Hector for offense (only missing Hector), and Hector, Azura, Ryoma, Julia for defense (also missing Ryoma).

My last season's arena offense team is about as close to a functional dream team as I can possibly get, though I'd need to finish inheriting skills to complete it (skills not yet inherited in italics):

• Ryoma (+Spd, -Res): Raijinto, ???, ???Swordbreaker 3/Quick Riposte 3, Hone Spd 3
  • Robin (M) (+Spd, -Res): Blarraven+, Bonfire, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, ???
  • Julia (neutral → +Atk/Spd, -Def): Naga, ???, Death Blow 3, Quick Riposte 3, Breath of Life 3
  • Ninian (+Spd, -Res): Lightning Breath+, ???, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, ???

The alternative offense team I'd love to use is a full dragon team:

• Tiki (Mystery) (???): Lightning Breath+, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons
  • Nowi (+Atk, -Res): Lightning Breath+, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons
  • Fae (???): ???, ???, ???, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons
  • Ninian (+Spd, -Res): Lightning Breath+, ???, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons

I don't have any ambitions for my defense team, but I'd love to use the Wall of Fire and Sharp Things:

• Draug (+Atk, -Res): Wo Dao+, Swap, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor
  • Gwendolyn (+Atk, -Spd): Killer Lance+, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor
  • Sheena (+Atk, -Spd): Killer Axe+, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Armor
  • Hector (???): Armads, Swap, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Ward Armor/Goad Armor

Or possibly the Flying Wall of Fire and Sharp Things:

• Subaki (???): Killer Lance+, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Beruka (???): Killer Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Minerva (???): Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Some tanky red flier once one exists (???): Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers

So many Hectors...

Edited by Ice Dragon

I guess ideal would be either the best possible competitive team built around Tiki (adult since that's the only one I've been able to pull), which according to Sire is something along the lines of a Tiki / Ephraim / Julia core with someone like Camilla or Ninian for the last slot. I have none of them except Tiki though lol.

Otherwise, I'd settle for just a comp made of my favorites, like some combination of Tiki / Robin / Ephraim / Lyn / Camilla-- out of whom I have... well two is better than one... haha...

21 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

If it's any consolation, I dropped $75 total on the game, which was like 140 orbs. And I got absolutely everyone I wanted, so maybe you aren't that far off from those teams either. Granted, I was ridiculously lucky with my Ryoma (I got him in the same pull as one of my Lucina(s), and he was +Spd/-Res to boot), so not sure how long you'll take in that department. Of course, as a semi-F2P player, I must suck it in and skip certain focus summons if I want to have enough orbs for when it really matters. I also researched drop rates to see if controlled pulling can increase my odds while using less orbs. Still, good luck on acquiring those teams; dragon teams are really fun after all!

I'm pretty sure you're just lucky, dude. I haven't dropped any money on this game yet (and likely won't, for the following reason), but my luck in getting people I want has been pretty marginal at best-- I have no faith that dropping any money on this game would accomplish anything except for me to be more disappointed than I already am when I don't get what I want lol. 

Of my top wants (mentioned earlier) and all the other dragons/dark magic users who I'm aiming to collect, I've gotten Tiki and Robin (at their lowest possible rarities as well lol) and that's it. Of all the dragons I'm tryna collect, it took the free f!Corrin with Android to increase my dragon count to 2, and for dark mages I've at least been able to get all of them except Tharja-- though of course this means that all the good units of each of these types continue to elude me lol (fortunately I've at least been able to make A!Tiki pretty good... and at least Leo is a rare pull even if I have no interest in using him)...

tl;dr not everyone has your level of luck, dude. And like... I'm happy for you and all, don't get me wrong! But... yeah. Some people just can't get lucky. It's just a fact of life with anything based on chance like this, hahaha...

Edited by BANRYU

49 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I guess ideal would be either the best possible competitive team built around Tiki (adult since that's the only one I've been able to pull), which according to Sire is something along the lines of a Tiki / Ephraim / Julia core with someone like Camilla or Ninian for the last slot. I have none of them except Tiki though lol.

Otherwise, I'd settle for just a comp made of my favorites, like some combination of Tiki / Robin / Ephraim / Lyn / Camilla-- out of whom I have... well two is better than one... haha...

I'm pretty sure you're just lucky, dude. I haven't dropped any money on this game yet (and likely won't, for the following reason), but my luck in getting people I want has been pretty marginal at best-- I have no faith that dropping any money on this game would accomplish anything except for me to be more disappointed than I already am when I don't get what I want lol. 

Of my top wants (mentioned earlier) and all the other dragons/dark magic users who I'm aiming to collect, I've gotten Tiki and Robin (at their lowest possible rarities as well lol) and that's it. Of all the dragons I'm tryna collect, it took the free f!Corrin with Android to increase my dragon count to 2, and for dark mages I've at least been able to get all of them except Tharja-- though of course this means that all the good units of each of these types continue to elude me lol (fortunately I've at least been able to make A!Tiki pretty good... and at least Leo is a rare pull even if I have no interest in using him)...

tl;dr not everyone has your level of luck, dude. And like... I'm happy for you and all, but... yeah. Some people just can't get lucky. It's just a fact of life with anything based on chance like this.

Well, sorry if my post came off the wrong way. I was kind of just trying to bring up the possibility that you might get your desired units soon enough. I know it's ultimately up to chance in the end, but I thought it would be nice to give some encouragement. Maybe it was rather shallow of me, since it could be seen as me trying to give you false hope. Indeed, I suppose our 'luck' isn't really the same and perhaps I accidentally struck a sore point for you. So I'm really, really, sorry if it was rather insensitive towards your pulls.

And yeah, as you've said, everything is ultimately down to luck; there are those that are lucky and those that aren't. I do like to think you can improve your odds to some extent though, although this would in no way guarantee your desired unit of course. Maybe it's conceited of me to think as such, but I personally perceive my own luck as 'average'. I definitely don't have bad luck, but I do go out of my way to improve my odds as much as possible, if it can be done of course. I do several summon simulations beforehand until I get such a ridiculously bad spree that I like to think it makes it less likely my next actual pull would be so bad. I also make it a point to do pretty cumbersome calculations to see if I should pull 5 at one go or only pull specific colors (I don't use general calculations, I do my own when I'm given my colors at the summoning screen). I also don't pull from a banner unless it has enough focus characters I actually want. Of course, maybe I'm just simply lucky and some of the things I do is utterly pointless or makes a minimal difference. But on a personal level, it feels like they work for me, so I guess I kind of got carried away and made thoughtless suggestions towards you? 

Well either way, sorry again since it kind of sounds like I might have been rather insensitive towards your luck.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or possibly the Flying Wall of Fire and Sharp Things:

• Subaki (???): Killer Lance+, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Beruka (???): Killer Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Minerva (???): Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers
  • Some tanky red flier once one exists (???): Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers

Your description of this made my laugh really hard =-)

4 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, sorry if my post came off the wrong way. I was kind of just trying to bring up the possibility that you might get your desired units soon enough. I know it's ultimately up to chance in the end, but I thought it would be nice to give some encouragement. Maybe it was rather shallow of me, since it could be seen as me trying to give you false hope. Indeed, I suppose our 'luck' isn't really the same and perhaps I accidentally struck a sore point for you. So I'm really, really, sorry if it was rather insensitive towards your pulls.

And yeah, as you've said, everything is ultimately down to luck; there are those that are lucky and those that aren't. I do like to think you can improve your odds to some extent though, although this would in no way guarantee your desired unit of course. Maybe it's conceited of me to think as such, but I personally perceive my own luck as 'average'. I definitely don't have bad luck, but I do go out of my way to improve my odds as much as possible, if it can be done of course. I do several summon simulations beforehand until I get such a ridiculously bad spree that I like to think it makes it less likely my next actual pull would be so bad. I also make it a point to do pretty cumbersome calculations to see if I should pull 5 at one go or only pull specific colors (I don't use general calculations, I do my own when I'm given my colors at the summoning screen). I also don't pull from a banner unless it has enough focus characters I actually want. Of course, maybe I'm just simply lucky and some of the things I do is utterly pointless or makes a minimal difference. But on a personal level, it feels like they work for me, so I guess I kind of got carried away and made thoughtless suggestions towards you? 

Well either way, sorry again since it kind of sounds like I might have been rather insensitive towards your luck.

It's cool man... I know you didn't mean anything by it; you're just giving suggestions based on your own experience, and believe me I get that. All I'm sayin' is that in a game like this where your playable options are like 90% rando, people are inevitably gonna have differing experiences in getting what they want. Sorry if I came across as too bitter with all this (I mean... I AM bitter lol, but not at you, so sorry if you felt like I was aiming it at you, that wasn't my intent), I've just had a very different experience when it comes to the luck factor lol.

In my case, the only characters I've managed to pull from a focus banner were Marth, Robin (at 3* though so IDK if that counts), and Leo, and I've tried for at least one in every banner so far except Siblings Pt 2 and Spring... I guess I may have learned the lesson of 'just try for one focus color' a bit too late, though unfortunately even focusing on one color didn't do me any good in this last banner (120 orbs predominantly spent on blue barring cases where blue doesn't appear and no Ninian to show for it lol)... Sometimes the game just doesn't love ya... heheh... (I think I recall seeing at some point that you got 2 Ninians...? maybe? not sure... and granted I don't know how many orbs/much money you spent on that one if that's even the case)

So don't sweat it man, no harm no foul, you've been... I would say relatively lucky, from my perspective at least? And I've been not so much but that's just how it happens sometimes... Hopefully my luck will turn around eventually ahaha ;; In the meantime no hard feelings or anything, I'm glad SOME people are able to get the characters they want (I did too... at first... ehehe), it's just tough when you can't be one of them and stuff even when you try to play smart about it and stuff ;; 

Edited by BANRYU

My current dream team is Roy Ephraim Fae and Chrom
i already have Ephraim and Roy 
i also have a 4star Chrom which ill promote sometime but not right away as i have plenty of good reds atm so ill prioritize promoting a green melee unit i like first preferrably fae but ild need to draw her first. my arena team is stable atm so getting feathers for it isnt much of issue for me I just have to be patient
my Roy also has an unprefered nature so if i get another ill be really happy but if i dont i still have a Roy so im still happy

Roy should be able to handle green melee units and mages easy and quite a few reds if he needs to and help movement a bit with his shove
My Ephraim is +def and can easily kill red melee units and situationally oneshots random units with an attack boost, threaten def, moonbow etc
Fae i dont have but have been trying out alot in the current voting gauntlet(because apparently only one of my friends is on team Tsubaki:p) but i like her alot and think shell be able to kill blues very reliably and look after herself. also drawback is good
Chrom will be back up incase i need anything smashed and to stand next to people to make them even more tanky