Can you make the Villager units healers?

I want to use Faye as a Cleric due to her large spell pool, but Villagers can't promote to Clerics. Is there any way I can make her a healer, or will I have to leave her as a Mage, instead? I haven't played Gaiden before, so I honestly don't know.

2 minutes ago, KoolioKenneth said:

I want to use Faye as a Cleric due to her large spell pool, but Villagers can't promote to Clerics. Is there any way I can make her a healer, or will I have to leave her as a Mage, instead? I haven't played Gaiden before, so I honestly don't know.

Female villagers promote to Cleric, Mage, Cavalier and Pegasus Knight instead of using the male class set of Merc, Cav, Mage, Armor Knight and Archer, so she can be made a Cleric.

Edited by AzureSen

Just now, AzureSen said:

Female villagers promote to Cleric, Mage, Cavalier and Pegasus Knight instead of using the male class set of Merc, Cav, Mage and Archer, so she can be made a Cleric.

OK, I'm an idiot. I thought that the promotion line-up was the same for all Villagers, but it's just now occurring to me that Faye is the only female Villager. Obviously, her promotion options would be different. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Espinosa said:

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/learned-spells/

If I'm reading this correctly, every Villager reclassed to Mage can get access to healing upon promoting to Sage. 

This is correct. In other words, female villagers can become Clerics, and both male and female villagers can become Mages that get access to a healing spell of some kind after promotion. Male villagers cannot become Clerics, though.