Guesses for Echoes banner?

TheWill

With the upcoming banner on the 15th, I thought it'd be some fun to speculate who'll be the upcoming Heroes if they're from Fire Emblem: Echoes. I'm choosing Echoes in particular because of its soon release right after the next banner is announced, I'm sure many of you are also predicting this. If the next banner isn't Echoes, well at least we had some fun seeing what people expect from the potential of an Echoes banner. I'm particularly curious on what people are expecting from such a banner. Would it just be the villagers + Lukas or something more similar to the Blazing Sword banner which is clear they hand picked particular fan favourites from the game to represent the banner such as Ninian, Jaffar and Karel. 

I'm not sure how spoilers will be handled with the datamine, so I'm going to personally put my own predictions in a spoiler. For everyone posting, I suggest just talking about story events in relation to Gaiden only, not any Echoes exclusive other than information we already know such as Faye's inclusion of the game. My guesses are as such:

• Spoiler

• Alm: Alm's basically a shoe in for the first Echoes banner, I feel. I don't think there's much discussion here, he's the main character and will likely be another Falchion user, right? 
    • Celica: Celica I'm not too sure about. They'd likely make her a sword user because of story reasons, however I feel she is more iconic as a mage. It'd be nice if they introduced characters who could equip either a tome or a sword. With that said, I partially think she'll be apart of the banner since she's so iconic, however I also think they'd potentially save her for a later banner like they are doing for Ike. 
    • Faye: I feel like Faye would be important for an Echoes banner as she's the original character for the game, has a cute design and seemed to have lukewarm reception. Honestly, I think they'd make her a healer as well in Heroes because of her design, making her fit pretty well in this banner. 
    • Lukas: He's pretty recognisable due to being the one who kick starts Alm and groups journey. He has a solid design and would compliment the banner well as a blue unit. 
    • Mae: I feel like she has a pretty distinct appearance out of the Echoes cast, is a good representative for Celica's team.
    • Saber: I think he'll compliment everyone else here as he looks very different from the rest of the cast. He'll be there to troll the people pulling for Alm as well. 

Personally I'd love to see Mathilda, Clair or Python and also think characters like Grey or Kliff have a high likelihood of appearing. So what's everyone else think?

My safe guess is Alm, Celica, Faye, Mycen, and uhhhh that other new playable character

Alm, Celica, Mycen is the important character if my reading of FE2 lore is right.

The other two is basicaly because they are new. Although Faye seemingly being a generic "fanbait" character, and the other new playable character being somewhat important is a factor

Also it could be Dancer Faye.... i guess?

Edited by JSND

It'll likely be an even number or males and females, judging by all the other main banners (as in not gauntlet or ghb banners).

Alm and Celica are definites.

I'm not sure on the others. I'd personally love to see... pretty much everyone xD

Maybe Lukas is quite likely since he starts of events, or possibly Clive since he originally led the deliverance (if I remember right, been some time).

For female side... eh, I don't know. Mae or Genny, maybe? I can't remember who joins with Celica or is early in Celica's route.

I don't think they'll introduce the new characters before the game so doubt Faye or Masked Knight (not sure if his name is a spoiler) will be in it.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

It'll likely be an even number or males and females, judging by all the other main banners (as in not gauntlet or ghb banners).

Alm and Celica are definites.

I'm not sure on the others. I'd personally love to see... pretty much everyone xD

Maybe Lukas is quite likely since he starts of events, or possibly Clive since he originally led the deliverance (if I remember right, been some time).

For female side... eh, I don't know. Mae or Genny, maybe? I can't remember who joins with Celica or is early in Celica's route.

I don't think they'll introduce the new characters before the game so doubt Faye or Masked Knight (not sure if his name is a spoiler) will be in it.

The early joines (Chapter 1 and 2) from each side are:

Alm: Alm himself (because he's important and the game wants us to know it (?) ), Lukas, Grey, Tobin, Faye, Kliff, Silk, Clair, Clieve, Python and Forysth.

Celica: Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Valbar, Kamui and Leo.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

The early joines (Chapter 1 and 2) from each side are:

Alm: Alm himself (because he's important and the game wants us to know it (?) ), Lukas, Grey, Tobin, Faye, Kliff, Silk, Clair, Clieve, Python and Forysth.

Celica: Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Valbar, Kamui and Leo.

Ahhh. Then Yup. I reckon Lukas, 'cos I can't decide between the villagers, and either Mae or Genny to keep the females equal with the males. Man it feels like years since I last played Gaiden xD My save corrupted so I never finished it >.< But now I have the remake to finish it instead :D

Probably 2 different banners as we're probably getting that rumoured update to the game which potentially gives us a lot to do as well as (and hope) a couple of new characters.

Since I've never played Gaiden I'm presuming characters that have appeared in multiple of the trailer. The game is supposed to be a nice big advertisement for Echoes. For the Alm banner probably him + the villagers and Celicas banner will have her + Mae Boe and Saber? 

Guessing:

Alm banner: Alm, Clive, one of Faye/Cliff/Tobin/Grey, and Mycen

Celica Banner: Celica, one of Boey/Mae/Genny, Nomah, and Saber

idk

I'd throw in the new guy on Celica's route if they weren't a massive spoiler.  We'll probably see them later though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I'm only going to predict Alm and Celica and that's it. We don't know if we might end up with a banner like the siblings ones, after all. This obviously wouldn't be a sibling focus, but it could be like...Old school/retro and add in Sigurd and Leif and/or some other Kaga peeps too.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They will troll everybody and just have Palla, Catria, and Est

I mean.

I guess that's a possibility? 

Anywho, I'm hoping they wait until worldwide release and give us something like, I don't know, Ike or literally any sacred stones character

Alm, Celica, Mycen and Berkut for sure. Maybe Clive and either Saber, Valbar or Conrad as well.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Honestly I'm a bit surprised people didn't vouch for Mae more. I feel she is the most iconic from Celica's side. Especially when they kept her design pretty similar to her original iteration in Gaiden. I suppose in the end she is just an average mage, however. The two banners for Alm/Celica's party sounds like a great idea to me. Honestly, I'd prefer that. Especially if Alm and Celica are both reds and thus have to compete with one another and whoever else they include such as Saber or Mycen.

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anywho, I'm hoping they wait until worldwide release and give us something like, I don't know, Ike or literally any sacred stones character

A Sacred Stones one would be interesting. They'd probably go with the hard hitters like Joshua, Lute, L'arachel, Cormag and Seth. 

3 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Alm, Celica, Mycen and Berkut for sure. Maybe Clive and either Saber, Valbar or Conrad as well.

Honestly I don't know why Mycen alluded me. I think he's a pretty likely candidate as well. I think Berkut would be more fitting as a Grand Hero Battle however. It's hard to say since there's been random GHBs such as Navarre/Female Robin, but most of them are pretty prominent or popular villains or anti-heroes. I don't see Conrad being featured however, especially since the game won't be released before the banner. 

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm only going to predict Alm and Celica and that's it. We don't know if we might end up with a banner like the siblings ones, after all. This obviously wouldn't be a sibling focus, but it could be like...Old school/retro and add in Sigurd and Leif and/or some other Kaga peeps too.

Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed away from the sibling route. I like banners featuring a single Fire Emblem like the Blazing Sword one. An FE: Echoes exclusive banner would be nice as it gives feature to just the game and hypes its release. Similarly, when Ike's out I'd prefer if it was just a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance banner that featured popular characters like Mist, Mia, Nephenee, Ranulf, Keiran, etc. 

11 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed away from the sibling route. I like banners featuring a single Fire Emblem like the Blazing Sword one. An FE: Echoes exclusive banner would be nice as it gives feature to just the game and hypes its release. Similarly, when Ike's out I'd prefer if it was just a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance banner that featured popular characters like Mist, Mia, Nephenee, Ranulf, Keiran, etc. 

I'd prefer a Tellius banner that featured Ike, Ranulf, Kieran, Elincia, Marcia, and Jill. But yeah, it would have Mia and Nephenee in it instead if they took all the popular ones. Sigh...

I don't mind which route they take so long as it's characters I don't mind pulling.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'd prefer a Tellius banner that featured Ike, Ranulf, Kieran, Elincia, Marcia, and Jill. But yeah, it would have Mia and Nephenee in it instead if they took all the popular ones. Sigh...

A Tellius banner can't not feature Micaiah, unless you're doing just Path of Radiance.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

A Tellius banner can't not feature Micaiah, unless you're doing just Path of Radiance.

Sure it can. Sanaki is the first and still the only Tellius character we've gotten in the game so far for whatever reason. If this can happen, we can have a Tellius banner without Micaiah. And like you said, it can also be PoR only.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Sure it can. Sanaki is the first and still the only Tellius character we've gotten in the game so far for whatever reason. If this can happen, we can have a Tellius banner without Micaiah. And like you said, it can also be PoR only.

That banner wasn't a Tellius banner though. Micaiah is a lord and a poster girl for her game. If it's a general Tellius banner, Micaiah shouldn't be omitted.

Separate banners for the dilogy will still be fine in my book; the more characters they add, the merrier.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sanaki's case is a special one... and a bit trollish one.

In the other hand, I agree that is completely possible they can do a PoR Only banner.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That banner wasn't a Tellius banner though. Micaiah is a lord and a poster girl for her game. If it's a general Tellius banner, Micaiah shouldn't be omitted.

Separate banners for the dilogy will still be fine in my book; the more characters they add, the merrier.

I still disagree. Notable FE7 characters like Sain, Kent, Pent, and Louise were omitted from that FE7 banner in favor of more minor characters like Priscilla and Jaffar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Micaiah be omitted from a Tellius one.

Edited by Anacybele

Alm and Celica are the obvious choices for an SoV banner.

While I wish Sonya, Kamui, Deen, and Mathilda would be part of the banner as well, I highly doubt it. I think we would get Grey, Cliff, Tobin, and Faye as they're all connected to each other.

If there are 2 separate banners for Alm and Celica then I could see...

Alm: Alm, Faye, Grey, Cliff, Tobin, Mycen or Clive.

Celica: Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny, Saber, and Valbar.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still disagree. Notable FE7 characters like Sain, Kent, Pent, and Louise were omitted from that FE7 banner. I wouldn't be surprised to see Micaiah be omitted from a Tellius one.

I know you dislike Micaiah, but hey, comparing a lord with very minor characters is even weirder than apples and oranges.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I know you dislike Micaiah, but hey, comparing a lord with very minor characters is even weirder than apples and oranges.

This has nothing to do with my hate for her.

3 minutes ago, SHSL Ninja said:

Alm and Celica are the obvious choices for an SoV banner.

While I wish Sonya, Kamui, Deen, and Mathilda would be part of the banner as well, I highly doubt it. I think we would get Grey, Cliff, Tobin, and Faye as they're all connected to each other.

If there are 2 separate banners for Alm and Celica then I could see...

Alm: Alm, Faye, Grey, Cliff, Tobin, Mycen or Clive.

Celica: Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny, Saber, and Valbar.

Man, even tho I wasted all my orbs on Ninian, I'd probably blow my next load on Mathilda. Deen and Sonya are cool, too.

As for the banners, I do think a banner with just the villagers (Grey, Kilff, Tobin and Faye) with Alm and Celica is possible, but I feel like it's a bit I guess redundant? That is, to only include the villagers. Maybe add Mycen, too. It would be not a bad banner by no means, though. Guess I'd prefer some character diversity. 

If I had to guess though, I'd bet Grey would be a mercenary, Tobin an archer, Faye a healer and Kliff a mage.