What are some of your voting gauntlet ideas?

Lunajack

1 minute ago, unique said:

roy and marth both being there would be enough for there to be an actual competition, so I'd be up for this

I'm down for anything that involves actual competition and not just saying, "okay, who is Lucina/Camilla going to brutally destroy next round?" 

Also, side note, I made up the team divisions on the spot. Would probably have to put better matchups on each side of the bracket, lol. 

For characters currently in the game:

Parents vs. children Elibe - Eliwood, Hector, Nino, Bartre vs. Roy, Lilina, Raigh, Fir

Parents vs. children 3DS - Chrom, Lissa, Olivia, Cordelia vs. Lucina, Odin, Laslow, Selena (Lucina would probably just win this one again, though...)

Nohr vs. Hoshido retainers (older sibs') - Peri, Laslow, Beruka, Selena vs. Saizo, Kagero, Setsuna, Azama

Nohr vs. Hoshido retainers (younger sibs') - Odin, Niles, Arthur, Effie vs. Oboro, Hinata, Hana, Subaki

I feel like there wouldn't be a gauntlet based on specific entries, though.

Let's see...the best ideas otherwise I can think of involve characters not yet in Heroes...

Twins - Ephraim, Raigh, Saizo, Julius vs. Eirika, Lugh, Kaze, Julia

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

Id want a voting gauntlet of armors vs archers, just to see what kind of battles that would result in.

It would just end in Takumi VS Hector, where a bloody battle would occur

I actually think Nohr vs Hoshido royals would be really interesting.  However, I think Takumi would win in a landslide.  Not because he's the most popular character in the bunch, but because Heroes turned him into a meme. 

All other battles would be good.  I imagine Leo and Camilla would do quite well, but could see Xander/Hoshido being very popular as well. 

EDIT: Takumi v. Camilla might actually be a lot closer than I'm originally thinking.

I bet next gauntlet will be echoes related.

Edited by Lushen

Tho really. now that I think about it. a voting gauntlet of this sessions grand hero battle would be nice. to see which of them is the grandest of them all. and i dont think any of them are overly popular aside from mabey xander. so it would be a pretty fair battle.

I'd love to see a gauntlet of the Christmas Knights - one side red and one side green. Will need to add more into the game, first, of course, but I thought that would be quite fun :)

Edited by Cute Chao

10 hours ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

Takumi, Jeorge, Rebecca, and Virion vs. Leo, Merric, Cecilia, and Tharja

Why 2 green, 2 red, and no blue mage ? You could replace Leo by Reinhardt, or by M!Robin. Or by Odin, if you think it would be better balanced.

9 hours ago, Lushen said:

I actually think Nohr vs Hoshido royals would be really interesting.  However, I think Takumi would win in a landslide.  Not because he's the most popular character in the bunch, but because Heroes turned him into a meme. 

All other battles would be good.  I imagine Leo and Camilla would do quite well, but could see Xander/Hoshido being very popular as well. 

EDIT: Takumi v. Camilla might actually be a lot closer than I'm originally thinking.

I bet next gauntlet will be echoes related.

Takumi was already a meme.

He was ALWAYS a meme.

That said an Echoes gauntlet would be cool, Alm's Party vs Celica's Party or something.

1 hour ago, chirp said:

Why 2 green, 2 red, and no blue mage ? You could replace Leo by Reinhardt, or by M!Robin. Or by Odin, if you think it would be better balanced.

That was more so the games were balanced, and Leo/Takumi are pretty iconic rivals. For instance, the current gauntlet is basically Camilla vs Hinoka, Palla vs Minerva, Cordelia vs Cherche, and Subaki vs Beruka.

I would probably replace Merric with Linde then, although Linde might be just a little too good for this.

Edited by Veronica Sawyer

• 4 weeks later...

Armour vs cavaliers:

Armoured: Effie, Draug, Hector, Lukas

Cavaliers: Eliwood, Xander, Elise, Jagen

Round one: Eliwood vs Hector, Xander vs Elise, Jagen vs Draug, Lukas vs Effie.

Round 2: Eliwood/Hector vs Jagen/Draug, Xander/Elise vs Lukas/Effie

Final: Whichever two are left.

I'd love to see a dancer/bard/songstress gauntlet. Right now, we only have Azura, Ninian, and Olivia, But there's also Nils, three heron siblings, Elphin, Tethys...definitely other musical types from the earlier games (that I'm not super familiar with). Probably not the most ideal gauntlet, and there'd be some Azura (maybe Olivia) favoritism going on, but I don't think it'd be as bad as in past gauntlets.