Voting Guantlet Battles you didn't think you'd win

vuviper

1 hour ago, vuviper said:

I took the first screenshot so I could complain initially. Now I want a dancer of my own. 

20170405_151413.jpg

You can get free Olivias... unless you have sold them for feathers.

You monster! She is a cinnamon roll! (?)

I believe I had Cherche/Lucina/Klein against Reinhardt/Ninian/Robin on a wide open map. I was unable to move Cherche or Lucina to safety and Reinhardt literally ORKO'd both Cherche and Lucina on turn 1.

Klein carried the entire map. KO'd Reinhardt, then tanked hits from Robin (QR + Glacies proc killed off the Robin in return) and Ninian. KO'd Ninian. Won the map, and now I want a Klein.

2 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I believe I had Cherche/Lucina/Klein against Reinhardt/Ninian/Robin on a wide open map. I was unable to move Cherche or Lucina to safety and Reinhardt literally ORKO'd both Cherche and Lucina on turn 1.

Klein carried the entire map. KO'd Reinhardt, then tanked hits from Robin (QR + Glacies proc killed off the Robin in return) and Ninian. KO'd Ninian. Won the map, and now I want a Klein.

Whoa Robin (M)?

1 hour ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I've gotten two healers my last three battles.  I actually managed to win the first two by using Beruka to tank while have one healer heal her and the other attack.   Lost the most recent one because the other team had Jeorge and Lilina.

Unfriend that healer

no screenshot, but it was 3 greens (Michalis, Julia, and Sheena IIRC) VS a team that included Tharja. Thought we were goners for sure. All I can say is thank christ those two girls are so Res-tanky. 

Fighting Marth, Tharja, and Ninian....with 3 Minerva. Thankfully there were trees and I managed to finish the map without losing a single Minerva. Only managed it because one of the Minerva had poison strike. 

A team of all lance users (Tsubaki, Shareena, Effie) against a team with Frederick. Took out the enemy M Corrin and Shareena with Tsubaki easily enough, but when it came time for Frederick it was a mess. Only Effie could deal damage, and that was only on player phase because of Death Blow. Thank god my friend's Shareena had Moonbow, so it was just a matter of juggling Frederick's Luna by using Effie and Tsubaki as meat shields so Shareena could safely get procs off.

15 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

A team of all lance users (Tsubaki, Shareena, Effie) against a team with Frederick. Took out the enemy M Corrin and Shareena with Tsubaki easily enough, but when it came time for Frederick it was a mess. Only Effie could deal damage, and that was only on player phase because of Death Blow. Thank god my friend's Shareena had Moonbow, so it was just a matter of juggling Frederick's Luna by using Effie and Tsubaki as meat shields so Shareena could safely get procs off.

Was that my Frederick, I wonder? :P Probably not, but I do imagine people have trouble with him sometimes! However, if this Frederick was 5 star, lv. 40, and had Harsh Command as well as Frederick's highest level base skills, that was mine. <3

Anyway, I definitely didn't think I'd win this one battle I had in the first gauntlet where I had all greens vs...it was either two reds or all reds. Two of my greens were Frederick! lol But I somehow did it!

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Was that my Frederick, I wonder? :P Probably not, but I do imagine people have trouble with him sometimes! However, if this Frederick was 5 star, lv. 40, and had Harsh Command as well as Frederick's highest level base skills, that was mine. <3

Anyway, I definitely didn't think I'd win this one battle I had in the first gauntlet where I had all greens vs...it was either two reds or all reds. Two of my greens were Frederick! lol But I somehow did it!

I think he was a 4-star, still giving some big trouble. If he was yours he probably would have one shot Effie, shudder. 

I'm laughing at the two Fredericks and the other person's three Minervas. What luck...

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

I think he was a 4-star, still giving some big trouble. If he was yours he probably would have one shot Effie, shudder. 

I'm laughing at the two Fredericks and the other person's three Minervas. What luck...

Oh wow, then yeah if a 4 star Frederick gave you trouble, you'd have had no chance against mine.

Hahaha, yeah, that is pretty funny. I didn't mind having two Freddys though, because I love him. <3 I didn't bring a 3 star one all the way to 5 star lv. 40 with new skills for nothing. :P

I had one with Cherche, Priscilla and Chrom against a Ninian, Merric and I think Roy Corrin

It was in the Conquest Map 1, all of them where on the left island, so one of my units had to cross the bridge to get them to move. Unfortunately it was the Roy Corrin who waited on the other side of the bridge so Chrom was my best front-liner.

Unfortunately because of Ninian's Dance, Chrom died quickly. In retaliation I KOed Roy with Priscilla and disposed of Ninian quickly with Cherche, who fell quickly to Merric.

Now at the start of this battle, I thought a 4 star Priscilla would be worthless as a teammate. Turns out I was wrong- she tanked Merric's hits like nothing. Thank goodness Merric's Res is pretty low, I won with only Priscilla left!

edit: Nevermind , not Roy, it was Male Corrin with Obstruct! That's why it was so annoying with that one bridge.

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

For some reason, I did not immediately notice the Blue Eraser next to my Palla.

Then I saw him, and all was well.

<snip>

Blue eraser gave me a good laugh.  It's such an accurate term for him.

Faced a team with MRobin on it. I was using Takumi as my rep because I needed to do the colorless flag quest, got Lucina and...Elise.

Said fuck it, put Tacomemes up to the edge of Robin's range. Robin doesn't have bowbreaker or anything. Went up to Takumi. I live with 3hp, thank fuck. This fills up Takumi's vengeance gauge. Manages to blast Robin dead, at 3hp.

The rest were easy. Dispatched the other Lucina and the Bunny Chrom fairly effortlessly, but man, if Takumi couldn't survive that Robin he may just wipe my entire team.

So

Used Minerva as per usual, got my friend's Nino (default skills) and a Chrom with Spur Def 2

Facing Lilina, Jeorge, and Takumi. Fucking ouch. Default nino esp without boost can't really take both archers at once. And lilina just wrecks her. So it's gonna be Minerva emblem again. 

My Minerva runs reposition so she flies over the danger zone and gets the team to the other side first (it's that middle island map) and then blicks Lilina. Nino drags her back. I put Chrom next to her for Spur Def, and this Takumi actually does not oneshot her (I was gonna try some combo of Chrom+Nino bullshittery for the two archers anyway, so I didn't actually count on this to happen). I got 7 hp left, which is actually fucking great because desperation is now up and I have a near-equivalent of a 52 atk brave unit. Jeorge moves because he can't hit anything, so I move up, blick Takumi, that lands me in Jeorge's range. That's ok. Nino drag back. Hella save.

And then Minerva flies in and wrecks Jeorge the end

Edited by Thor Odinson