Fake, but how would you react? (FE Warriors)

Jedi

So in the Sourcegaming discord I was linked a "leak" thread on 4chan about a possible direct, and I figured while it looks super fake, the segment on Warriors caught my eye 

be195f9b32ce5bdacd28c04c7a04add5.png

How would you feel about this?

1 minute ago, Dandragon said:

my thoughts would be please no tharja

otherwise, i wouldn't really hold my breath for anything deep about stories in a musou game

As you shouldn't. Warriors games are an excuse to maybe teach some Chinese & Japanese history in DW/SW's case or to be over the top goofy retellings or original stories. 

Also I think Tharja and Camilla are shoe ins, as much as it pains me to say.

it's the inclusion of Hector that pushes it into unbelievable territory for me.

The frame stories is fine considering the basic outline of dragon quest heroes / hyrule warriors.and to a lesser extent warriors orochi lol.

I think they could have been more realistic about the release date if they wanted the hoax to be convincing.

4 minutes ago, Dandragon said:

my thoughts would be please no tharja

This. I don't want any Camilla either. Though sadly, given Cia's design in Hyrule Warriors, I doubt she won't be playable...

Also, Hector and not Ike? Blasphemy. :(

It made me lol, I don't think the plot is terrible. The "roster" there isn't too bad either, (by that I mean Hector makes it passable), though, Grand Hero Battle doesn't sound very appealing, however.

Edited by Soledai

If it were real, this is what I would say:

Wow, I'm surprised they revealed Hector before Lyn, and Tharja so soon. The roster otherwise doesn't surprise me too much, though Hector isn't someone I expected to see. Plot seems like they're just trying to redo Fates, though. Hopefully this time it will actually be not terrible.

And this is my reaction to it as a "leak":

-Hector, while I don't think he's impossible, seems very wishlisty rather than realistic.
-I doubt Tharja would be revealed so early. In fact, I don't think we'll see as much as 5 characters revealed in a single direct unless the roster is going to be quite large.
-Plot is borrowed from Fates and Grand Battle mode is borrowed from Hyrule Warriors. Thus, there's nothing really "new" shown here, which makes it doubtful.

Seems very fake to me. I mean, the first actual teaser hinted at Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth by showing their weapons (and then by showing a bit of Chrom's gameplay at the last part), and the fact that only 1 of those 5 are in the trailer leaked in the OP makes things really not match up.

Though pretending it's real, I'd be okay with Chrom, Hector, Tiki, and Takumi in the initial roster. I mean, the first two are lords, Tiki is essentially the "manakete mascot" for the FE series (plus she's in both Akeanean games and Awakening), and Takumi is heavily promoted as an important character in Fates. Tharja, not so much. I personally think she looks awful and not attractive at all (I really don't like Egyptian style clothes/hair). Even without me finding her ugly, I'd rather she not be put in as a playable character since she's not important or crucial to Awakening's story.

As for the Switch version being released before the 3DS version, I expect and hope the game developers to do that. I mean, a lot of people really like the local co-op gameplay for these kind of games and I feel Warriors games work better on consoles, gameplay-wise.

Character importance isn't as key in Warriors crossovers, Agatha got into HW's as did Impa, both characters who hardly have done much of anything (Impa more so but shes at least a series staple of not doing much). 

Edited by Jedi

I'd be pretty hyped. I like all of those characters there except for Chrom. It would be a little unexpected to see Tharja advertised that way though, I would expect Camilla over her. 

Anyway, it wouldn't influence me buying the game since I don't own a Switch or a N3DS. 

With the vast abundance of characters from the Zelda series in Hyrule Warriors, I'd say that this wishlist isn't far off from what Koei techmo might do, along with Team Ninja's love of tits and fan service out the wazoo.  It's fake, but still not entirely horrible as a thought.  Tharja was a mistake, and will always be one of the worst FE characters, in my opinion.  But the Grand Battle Mode could be... interesting.

With the exception of Hector this is one of the safest guesses you could possibly make. This being a Musou game, Tharja and Tiki would... not be surprises in the least, and Takumi is more-or-less the closest male equivalent in terms of the fanbases those two cover.

I'd be honestly surprised if we didn't get most/all of these characters purely by coincidence.

Grand Battle Mode based off HW's Adventure Mode? I don't want every tile to be another mindless challenge with a paltry reward. Fire Emblem isn't an adventure game, and only Gaiden has a recognizably grid based map. Instead have a map like Talys, deploy your units (playable characters) move them toward enemies and objectives, warriors gameplay begins on enemy phase as you resolve each conflict with enemy units. Fire Emblem is a strategy game, let the premier alternate mode have some semblance of turn based strategy.

Another sub mode they could do is something based on Arenas. Wager money, enemy hordes and boss characters pour in, get paid. 

Pretty safe character list with the exception of Hector. Would nonetheless be hyped for any FE Warriors footage.

What pushes this into unbelievable territory for me is the Grand Battle Mode: A mode that's essentially a copy-paste of HW's Adventure Mode (However incredible that mode was)? I don't think so, "leaker".

The character list is very unbelievable. That many characters getting revealed this early is just silly. Especially when they've hinted at our resident badass Ryoma.

And to be honest, a lot of it has to do with me hoping they put Kiria from #FE in so we can have Tharja in the game without TECHNICALLY having Tharja in the game (Because I really hope they're not just going to shove Tharja in).

I also kind of doubt we'll be getting any story shit. At least not this early.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The Dark Axe ship lives!

But yeah, I'd be surprised by the character choices. Xander and Ryoma are gonna be shown off first after Chrom.

I actually wonder about that. After some thought, I'm not so sure the swords in the trailer are necessarily indicative of who's getting in, but I wouldn't expect Xander and Ryoma to be shown before the likes of Marth and Corrin regardless, among possible others.

Why in gods name would you post some random text leak from 4Chan?

Heck, I could post some random garbage on 4chan too and would you post that as well?

There is simply no discussion here, it's fake.

9 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Heck, I could post some random garbage on 4chan too and would you post that as well?

My, but the very first line of the OP is how fake it looks. It's simply a matter of us picking out what parts of the list we'd like and don't like. A what if discussion. 

18 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Why did you post on it is the better question. I mean I mentioned up front its fake, just wanted to see what people would think if it was actually the case, I mean it likely isn't but theres no need to spew hate onto me for it. 

Go back to Gamefaqs for that.

While the inclusion of Hector makes me happy I'm inclined to say that this is totally fake. We hardly know anything about the game at this point and this feels like a little too much information to be "leaked" this soon. I hope these "leaks" don't become a regular thing because it can get really annoying after a while*. I'm sure we'll get some real information soon with E3 on the horizon, fingers crossed.

*I'm looking at you "leaks" for MVCI! Go away already!

We already know this is fake, but if it were real, I guess I'd mostly just sigh in disappointment about Tharja getting in over any of the other infinitely-better Dark Mage characters.

But I figure it's only a matter of time before she's revealed anyway, so I'll save my sigh for then.

Her insane popularity still baffles me to this day.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

So is that leak list supposed just have 5 characters being the total amount, cuz that way too small. There's no way that can be true.

Nah it was just "who would be revealed first"