Fake, but how would you react? (FE Warriors)

Jedi

On 4/13/2017 at 6:41 PM, Zangetsu said:

Wow u respond fast,

Anyways isn't this "leak" information still kinda scarce in term of info? Usually leaks has a crap ton of info about a game.

We know it's fake, the title is asking how you'd feel if it turned out to be true.

I suppose indifferent. I would be ecstatic if Hector made it since that would his 1st  3d iteration, but I'm much more interested if the roster will be balanced enough between the old & the new. If anything I'm more worried about the roster being overwhelm by the 3ds era.

I'm always disappointed when I see people lament the inclusion of certain characters...its not like I lamented Sakurai adding Bowser Jr. (aka Baby Bowser clone) in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. I think that its a sad way to think since every character has fans and you shouldn't lament an addition even if you don't care for it. For example, I don't care about Chrom but I'm still glad to see him since I know people like him.

That said, I would love seeing Hector included (along with Tharja, but I honestly think she's very likely to appear, at least as DLC, along with Camilla, female Corrin, and Lucina, my other favorites). I really want Tiki too..though I wonder if they'd use Shadow Dragon's young Tiki or Awakening's adult Tiki.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:03 AM, DaloDask said:

The character list is very unbelievable. That many characters getting revealed this early is just silly. Especially when they've hinted at our resident badass Ryoma.

And to be honest, a lot of it has to do with me hoping they put Kiria from #FE in so we can have Tharja in the game without TECHNICALLY having Tharja in the game (Because I really hope they're not just going to shove Tharja in).

I also kind of doubt we'll be getting any story shit. At least not this early.

It's not that unusual for a Warriors game to reveal that many characters at one time. But maybe it's because the cast is around 80 characters in a DW game and we don't know how large this one'll be.

Since it's the first reveal batch, I expect around 5 characters, then a long drought, then all of them getting gradually revealed. I'm not sure if they'll promote this like a Musou game though (Which goes teaser trailer revealing around 5 characters, a drought, then months leading to release every week 3-5 characters get revealed, then trailer.)

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

It's not that unusual for a Warriors game to reveal that many characters at one time. But maybe it's because the cast is around 80 characters in a DW game and we don't know how large this one'll be.

Since it's the first reveal batch, I expect around 5 characters, then a long drought, then all of them getting gradually revealed. I'm not sure if they'll promote this like a Musou game though (Which goes teaser trailer revealing around 5 characters, a drought, then months leading to release every week 3-5 characters get revealed, then trailer.)

You're waaaaay too optimistic, if you think this game will have 80 characters.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:02 AM, Jedi said:

I highly doubt there would be 80 characters. I'm expecting around 20-30 tbh.

I was just talking about how Musou games are promoted. It's not that unexpected for 5 characters to be revealed initially, then there be a long drought, then weeks leading up to release characters get revealed gradually in Famitsu. And there'll probably two big character reveals (Each having around 4-5) but other weeks there may be no reveal, just game mechanic info and maybe 1-2 character bios. That's just my prediction, basing off past Musou promotional cycles.

Just now, Dandy Druid said:

I highly doubt there would be 80 characters. I'm expecting around 20-30 tbh.

I was just talking about how Musou games are promoted. It's not that unexpected for 5 characters to be revealed initially, then there be a long drought, then weeks leading up to release characters get revealed gradually in Famitsu. And there'll probably two big character reveals (Each having around 4-5) but other weeks there may be no reveal, just game mechanic info and maybe 1-2 character bios. That's just my prediction, basing off past Musou promotional cycles.

Ok I misread you there my bad, haha. Yeah we'll get some then all of a sudden regular one at a time ones.

On 4/18/2017 at 6:54 PM, Deva Ashera said:

I'm always disappointed when I see people lament the inclusion of certain characters...its not like I lamented Sakurai adding Bowser Jr. (aka Baby Bowser clone) in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. I think that its a sad way to think since every character has fans and you shouldn't lament an addition even if you don't care for it.

Looks like someone already said it for me.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Looks like someone already said it for me.

Glad I'm not the only one to think like this.
I mean, in pretty much every game you're going to have characters you like and characters you don't like, its just how things go..you shouldn't lament the ones you don't like existing since others will like them.
In regards to Fire Emblem Warriors, yes, we will likely be seeing Tharja, Camilla, or both make an appearance as playable characters but its not like they'll be the only ones, aside from Chrom we pretty much know that Marth will be playable and, as with pretty much every crossover, chances are anyone will be able to have at least 3 characters they really like appearing in the game. No, they may not be your favorite character in any given series or using your favorite design for them if they have multiples, but you'll still have ones you like. And, although it may not be the nicest thing to say, if for some reason you do not then its very likely you are simply either too hard to please or you had already decided to be upset about the roster if your favorite got in or if characters you didn't like got in.

*Note that I am clearly not referring to a singular person but people in general when I say 'You'.

I'm hoping to see Corrin (female), Camilla, Tharja, Lucina, Tiki (either age), Robin (female), and perhaps even Eirika, Lyn, Hector, Ike, and Roy appear in the game, though even if they don't I'll see have characters like Marth that I really like and likely various female characters I may not have even had the pleasure of meeting yet, outside of maybe Fire Emblem Heroes.

On 4/19/2017 at 3:02 AM, Jedi said:

If they stick with a class>character setup wherein only certain prominent characters get a thematic moveset and others get a streamlined variation (say the difference between Takumi as an archer and another, lesser character), there's only really two limitations; how many character models they are willing to make, and possibly how many VAs they're willing to hire/rehire if they have more than just grunts. the streamlined characters could all use the same animation pools with different factors meant to set them apart, thus filling up the roster with tons of identifiable characters for a fraction of the workload.

49 minutes ago, DIO said:

If they stick with a class>character setup wherein only certain prominent characters get a thematic moveset and others get a streamlined variation (say the difference between Takumi as an archer and another, lesser character), there's only really two limitations; how many character models they are willing to make, and possibly how many VAs they're willing to hire/rehire if they have more than just grunts. the streamlined characters could all use the same animation pools with different factors meant to set them apart, thus filling up the roster with tons of identifiable characters for a fraction of the workload.

I would rather the characters show their own stuff, then tons of color/body swaps. It is absolutely lazy and boring, not to mention a disservice to the characters.

Dynasty Warriors 6 was infamous for cloned movesets and is widely regarded as the worst Warriors game, I would not want to repeat that.

Edited by Jedi

On 4/24/2017 at 11:00 PM, DIO said:

What you're proposing has never been done-- there will be unique movesets for every character rather than class-based movesets.
And as Jedi said, clones are hella unpopular with the Musou fandom. Expect a small roster of snowflakes.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:36 PM, The DanMan said:

What you're proposing has never been done-- there will be unique movesets for every character rather than class-based movesets.
And as Jedi said, clones are hella unpopular with the Musou fandom. Expect a small roster of snowflakes.

I never said it's been done; just that it's an option. I guess we'll just have to see, although speaking personally I think it'd be ultimately a waste of potential characters to stick with such an idea. I haven't really played any Musou games outside Zelda and one of the Gundam ones, but to be blunt, Fire Emblem is probably one of the worst choices for this as far as making weapon sets goes. If you consider the primary forms of weapons in the series, you're only looking at about 9 characters unless they start doing hair-splits like different Anima Mages. Rather than having to pick a limited handful out of the entire series to represent thier class, I think there's more sense to be made in utilizing the cloning method, if only so that as many games as possible could have representation. Going by snowflakes, I wouldn't be holding your breath for a Dark Mage that isn't Tharja, nor an archer that wouldn't be Takumi. Why? because the new fans KNOW those characters and would have incentive to get the game knowing those two (among others) are in the game.

But permit me to expand on one of my statement regarding animation POOLS; a set of attacks that could flow into each other or be slightly modified by 'slotting' together (Move pool A to B, or pool 3 to 4). So one character could have a moveset of animations that goes A1, B1, C1, D1, E1 (wherein the bolded represents what slots into the next attack), while another would instead have A1, B1, C4, D2, E1 with a larger hitbox and shorter range compared to the former character. Or another example of A1, A2, B4, C5, C6.

On 4/24/2017 at 11:45 PM, Jedi said:

I would rather the characters show their own stuff, then tons of color/body swaps. It is absolutely lazy and boring, not to mention a disservice to the characters.

Dynasty Warriors 6 was infamous for cloned movesets and is widely regarded as the worst Warriors game, I would not want to repeat that.

As far as gameplay goes, what's the difference between Cain and Abel, Alen and Lance, Alec and Naoise, or Sully and Stahl? What about Jaegen, Fredrick, Peri(Birthright), Gunther, or Dussel? For a series that allows characters to change classes as they get stronger, it seems kind of limiting to instead keep them restricted to a single class wherein they'll have stiff competition to get that coveted 'Great Knight character' spot. If they kept the gameplay for the most part homoginized and instead focused on giving each character 'skin' a unique voice, dialogue, and interactions, it would be doing more to honor the characters than just having a single person be 'THE Cavalier'.

I am trying to perceive this game based on my (VERY) limited knowledge from Hyrule Warriors. I understand that is far from a conventional Musou game, but I feel like Fire Emblem Warriors will be taking inspiration from Hyrule rather than the baseline Musou series. the way I see it, having characters that are interchangable would factor in quite well from the standpoint of filling out allied captains beyond generic 'Swordsman or General'. Instead of being told "Paladin is in Danger!", you'd instead be prompted that "Camus is in Danger!", "Titania is in Danger!", etc.

2 hours ago, DIO said:

As far as gameplay goes, what's the difference between Cain and Abel, Alen and Lance, Alec and Naoise, or Sully and Stahl? What about Jaegen, Fredrick, Peri(Birthright), Gunther, or Dussel? For a series that allows characters to change classes as they get stronger, it seems kind of limiting to instead keep them restricted to a single class wherein they'll have stiff competition to get that coveted 'Great Knight character' spot. If they kept the gameplay for the most part homoginized and instead focused on giving each character 'skin' a unique voice, dialogue, and interactions, it would be doing more to honor the characters than just having a single person be 'THE Cavalier'.

I am trying to perceive this game based on my (VERY) limited knowledge from Hyrule Warriors. I understand that is far from a conventional Musou game, but I feel like Fire Emblem Warriors will be taking inspiration from Hyrule rather than the baseline Musou series. the way I see it, having characters that are interchangable would factor in quite well from the standpoint of filling out allied captains beyond generic 'Swordsman or General'. Instead of being told "Paladin is in Danger!", you'd instead be prompted that "Camus is in Danger!", "Titania is in Danger!", etc.

Musou games usually try to base movesets on the personalities of their characters, Cain would likely be a very wild fighter compared to Abel, and Abel would be more controlled but more suited for smaller groups than Cains wilder hitting swings. I mean Cain is known as the Bull, so he could have some crazy bull inspired charges, and Abel is the Black Panther, could have him be very very fast with some quick execution styled moves. 

If Alec & Naoise were the pair picked instead, Alec would be a showoff in his moveset promoting how much of a ladies man and general badass he thinks he is, while Naoise would be very refined and controlled, probably slower. 

Sully & Stahl would be more akin to Sully overpowering her opponents with raw power, Stahl would probably rely on sillier moves and potentially some food based ones considering his love of food. 

Jeigan would likely be slower and focus partly on throwing weapons, Fredrick would likely use an Axe (he talks about it all the time) and be dignified, yet brutal, probably more focused for enemy generals they might use his hilarious fear of Bear meat for something, Peri would be a massive AoE character who would revel in the bloodlust of her foes, Dussel would have some of the better defensive stats in the game, along with some of the best range (he did teach Ephraim how to use a spear afterall) in his moveset. 

Do note I don't see almost any of these "potential" characters being in the game itself though

Dynasty Warriors has around 30 characters who use Spears, and they all play very differently, same with their sword users, also ranging at around 25 characters. Limiting a character to their class instead of their personality would be a huge mistake.

Edited by Jedi

12 hours ago, DIO said:

Going by snowflakes, I wouldn't be holding your breath for a Dark Mage that isn't Tharja, nor an archer that wouldn't be Takumi. Why? because the new fans KNOW those characters and would have incentive to get the game knowing those two (among others) are in the game.

I feel I should mention this, but Takumi's got a high chance of getting in not only because he's recent, but because he has two unique weapons to his name and is one of the major players in Fates.

The only Archer that comes close from the three games represented would be Jeorge. It's not only based on popularity, but rather uniqueness should be a factor. If they WERE to have an Archer in the game, Takumi has the most potential for what they could do with his moveset.

Tharja has a higher chance than the average mook due to her strong connection with Robin, a character we're almost sure is going to get in, while the only other Dark Mages that come close to that connection with other characters would be Gharnef, Validar and if we really stretch it, Odin. I'm not saying it's a guarantee she'll get in over them, but to act like the decision is based ENTIRELY around how easily they'll be recognised is silly.

It is a factor, yes, but Takumi is a poor choice for this example. Better characters to illustrate the point would be, say, Cordelia, a character who, if she gets in with a unique moveset, will be entirely because of her popularity.

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

Peri would be a massive AoE character

So in translation: best character

The only thing I'd need to know about this 'potential' character is which charges procs elements... and her attack speed, I feel like that's slightly more important... a little.

13 hours ago, DIO said:

I would think a spin-off would take inspiration from the original, same as the other unrelated spin-off...

I'm more curious at its own mechanics will be, not what it takes from DW/SW. Also, this method of adding characters limits potential so badly. I want creativity between individuals(See Jedi post), not what is essentially skins. And I say that as a person who actually sorta-kinda liked DW6(Even if it was Empires)

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

I'm more curious at its own mechanics will be, not what it takes from DW/SW. Also, this method of adding characters limits potential so badly. I want creativity between individuals(See Jedi post), not what is essentially skins. And I say that as a person who actually sorta-kinda liked DW6(Even if it was Empires)

I kinda liked DW6 too, because the few unique movesets there were, were really cool, its just all the clones and the oddball renbu system :unsure:

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I kinda liked DW6 too, because the few unique movesets there were, were really cool, its just all the clones and the oddball renbu system :unsure:

FE musou gaiden featuring the return of Renbu. On Wii U and O3DS

But seriously, I liked the idea of renbu, since DW6 had a stronger "Kung Fu" feel than any other musou, but yikes the execution, as we know. I feel like it could've added more moves to the existing moveset, instead of locking it behind levels, if you get what I mean.

Related; I had mixed feelings about weapon types; on one hand, it had more variety to weapons than most characters, but on the other hand....

14 hours ago, Soledai said:

FE musou gaiden featuring the return of Renbu. On Wii U and O3DS

But seriously, I liked the idea of renbu, since DW6 had a stronger "Kung Fu" feel than any other musou, but yikes the execution, as we know. I feel like it could've added more moves to the existing moveset, instead of locking it behind levels, if you get what I mean.

Related; I had mixed feelings about weapon types; on one hand, it had more variety to weapons than most characters, but on the other hand....

It at least gave us the most broken Sun Shang Xiang ever and it was glorious.

While I can see each of these characters being in the game, the details seem so few for a leak, so more then likely fake, besides we would probably get the main lords revealed first, like Marth, Ryoma, Xander, Corrin, Lyn, Roy, and Ike. Also out of place but I'm slightly mad they aren't making this for normal 3ds, as while many complain about legends, I don't get any lag or frame drops unless it's like a crap ton of bosses/captains in one small area, though tbh I don't really mind as I got a switch so definitive version and I understand that the N3DS needs another exclusive for it besides xenoblade 3d

• 2 weeks later...

Dissapointment in a way? I just want to see gameplay with this game, I could not care less about a story for this game. All I need for a story is "Two men enter, one man leaves." It could literally be Thunder Dome with Max as a guest character I really dont care. Just give me some gameplay.

As far as the character list goes, surprise in a way. I can see Tharja, maybe Takumi, and Chrom, but the others not so much. Marth would definitely be in the trailer, no way he isnt. Xander would probably be there along with Corrin considering their weapons were shown in the trailer along with Ryoma. Ryoma would probably be in the trailer in place of Takumi, considering its Raijinto in the orb not Fujin Yumi.

I am expecting a lot more gameplay for Warriors than story and lore. It will probably be mostly a gameplay reveal with some character reveals. At least a good chunk of the cast considering it releases in the fall.

And why a later release date for the 3DS? That didnt make sense to me.

Edited by Tolvir