Cavalier-Zeke

Soldier-Valbar

Mercenary-Kamui

Archer-Leon

Mage-Sonya

Pegasus Knight-Clair

Cleric-Tatiana

Edited by Azz

Villager: Gray for his design and that chill leaning back pose in his art. Think I got fooled a bit by that though. His battle quotes make him seem way more excitable and less chill. I expected something more like Forde.

Kliff is a close second and Faye is good from design alone.

Soldier: Lukas for the design and a little bit of the personality that's been seen by now.

Archer: Leon for design and personality (he gay).

Mage: Mae for design but mostly personality. Sonya is a close second and would win if not for that (she's hot).

Cleric: Genny (cutie).

Peg Knight: Catria for the design. Other Whitewings are great too.

Merc: Saber for design and personality. I like Kamui's look more though.

Cavalier: Zeke for cool design and being a nice reference to past games.

Lords: Celica. Just barely. I like Alm's personality quite a bit more and his design is cool, but Celica seems  like a cool chick too and I love beautiful women with pretty short hair and units that use magic and swords.

Edited by ZoeTrent

• 3 months later...

Villager: Genny

Merc. Family tree: Jesse

Cav. Family tree: Kamui

Sol. Family tree: Forsyth- high speed, res, and Def ;)

Arch. Family tree: Tobin

Mage Family tree: Delthea/Kliff

Peg. K. Family tree: Emma

Cleric Family Tree: Tatiana

Cleric: Faye, if she counts, otherwise Genny (for gameplay). Design wise it's Tatiana. She comes so late though. None of them really stand out in characterization though. 

Mercenary: Saber. Grey and Atlas are close behind. They're all badass, great designs, and interesting characters. 

Cavalier: Mathilda or Conrad. Mathilda a bit more for characterization.

Mage: Sonya. Fun, good design, interesting backstory. 

Pegasus Knight: Clair, oh gods she's amazing. 

Soldier: Lukas, my boy. He's a great character.

Villager: Grey by far. Comic relief with substance.

Archer: Python, even though Tobin has been slightly better for me he's a little boring. Leon I don't much care for one way or the other.

Hmm..

Villager - ...no one really, since I'm very meh towards the villagers...but I'll go with Gray.

Mercenary - Kamui, love this guy's design and personality.

Archer - Python, love this guy's personality so much.  I find him hilarious.

Soldier - Lukas, instant favorite of Alm's group.

Pegasus Knight - Palla, she's gorgeous and I love they gave her more personality.

Mage - Sonya, my Goddess.

Cavalier - Mathilda, she's so much better than Clive and I do enjoy her character.

Cleric - Silque, she's precious.

• 2 weeks later...

Villager - Kliff, love his design. 

Cavalier - Mathilda and Zeke

Soldier - Lukas and Valbar

Archer - Python

Mage - Delthea (combat); Yuzu (design wise).

Mercenary - Saber

Pegasus Knight - Catria and Clair. I uses Catria more on main game because I like her design. But post-game I decided to bring Clair because she has more support bonus with my other characters.

Cleric - Genny (design wise), Silque+Faye because Warp+Rescue combo.

I like most of the characters, so this wasn't easy.

Villager- Gray, for his usefulness as a unit combined with his non-annoying comic relief.

Soldier- Lukas, something about his faux-Oifey act towards the start as well as his higher average defense compared to the other soldiers.

Cleric- Silque, dat bootay availability goes a long way towards my like for healers, and her dress looks really nice..

Pegasus Knight- Palla, essentially a wyvern rider, which is cool.

Cavalier- Zeke, I like his role throughout the series, and he makes an excellent candidate for the villager's fork.

Archer- Python, he's good enough gameplay-wise, and he's an incredibly likeable guy.

Mage- Sonya, dem titties her involvement in the story and usefulness with the Mage Ring.

Mercenary- Saber, cool design, great availability, amazing class.

The only characters I don't like are Deen and Atlas, and I haven't goten around to using Deen.

Edited by thecornerman
Grammar correction

• 1 month later...

Lord: Celica, mainly for her design, and magic knight playstyle.

Villager: Gray, while only really good as a Merc, he is well rounded for a comic relief

Soldier: Lukas, Genius Bruiser done well, and has actual brains.

Cavalier: Zeke, his overarching tale.

Mage: Sonya, good subtle characterization for an mutually exclusive optional character. Solid VA too

Archer: Python, low skill growth aside, he's hilarious with a great VA and has some depth (notably from his chain with Clive)

Mercenary: Saber, cool dude with long term usefulness and a nice VA

Cleric: Tatiana, Sweet beautiful woman with nice VA and has Fortify, nice relationship with Zeke with what little given. Also Shade for honorable mention for her colorful snarky personality for a DLC character from a card game.

Pegasus: Palla, Best Whitewing girl.

Dread Fighter- Cliff. (He looks soooo AWESOME, plus the black outfit and white hair make me think of Gerald from the Witcher series)

Gold Knight- Mycean or Clive

Sage- Luthier (love the red hair and outfit and how his staff materializes out of thin air)

Cleric- Genny (she's wearing pink)

Bowknight- Python (you can't go wrong with blue and he's my favourite bow knight in the game).

Baron- Forsyth/Lukas (hard to decide between the two they both have great designs but I enjoy Forsyth's crit quotes better)

Pegasus- Palla/Catria ( I like both a lot so it's hard to say between the two)

Cleric: Tatiana I suppose. None of them really excite me, but hey Fortify was memorably gamebreaking.

Mercenary: Saber. Has a pretty cool personality.

Cavalier: Mathilda. Not the most interesting character but I like my badass warrior women.

Mage: Mae. Delightful snarky ball of energy character.

Pegasus Knight: Clair by far, she has a distinct and memorable personality and gets some good lines/VA. By contrast the Archanaea sisters are all boring and seemingly defined by pining over men. ... come to think of it Clair has a bit of that too but she also has a lot more.

Soldier: Lukas. The rest fill me with apathy, Lukas' early plot role was nice enough.

Villager: I found Faye funny in a pathetic way. Grey is also funny, but he gets some negative strikes in his worship of Alm later + his weird relationship with Clair.

Archer: Leon. His crush on Valbar is cute.

Villager: Tobin

Soldier: Forsyth

Cleric: Genny

Cavalier: Mathilda

Mage: Mae

Pegasus Knight: Palla 

Archer: Python

Mercenary: Saber

Edited by Faustino

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...