Origins of Mila and Duma (unmarked Endgame spoilers)

36 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why else would Falchion, that remained the same for over a thousand years after the war with the Earth Dragons, would suddenly lose its power and become sealed, and for some reason using the Shield of Seals to awaken said power? 

Because the Binding Shield was taken apart. In the absence of any official word, the simplest explanation is that the Falchion never lost power, it just wasn't enough to defeat Grima without being augmented by the Binding Shield. Marth needed the Binding Shield when the Earth Dragons were waking up, and Grima being sealed where they were, there is obviously some sort of connection. I have no interest in comparing headcanons, so unless you can come up with a simpler explanation, this conversation is over.

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Because the Binding Shield was taken apart. In the absence of any official word, the simplest explanation is that the Falchion never lost power, it just wasn't enough to defeat Grima without being augmented by the Binding Shield. Marth needed the Binding Shield when the Earth Dragons were waking up, and Grima being sealed where they were, there is obviously some sort of connection. I have no interest in comparing headcanons, so unless you can come up with a simpler explanation, this conversation is over.

I do want to say that yes, it is confirmed Falchion lost power between FE12's ending and Awakening. The Falchion is even said to be "the Sealed Sword, Falchion" and that it's power is gone from it in the Japanese version, but 8-4 being 8-4, you can bet your ass they'd fuck that up. the japansese version literally says Exalted Falchion is the same level of power that Marth had- that's why Marth's era Falchion is localized as Exalted Falchion in Echoes.

Exalted is a very very confusing and bad localization thing that 8-4 really should be slapped for doing but I digress; it's Japanese name was "Divine Blade Falchion", same title you see thrown around in Shadow Dragon and Shin Monsho

HOWEVER, even with this in mind it's also possible the Blessing faded in much the same way as the Book of Naga and needed to merely be reenergized after all this time. In fact, I think that's the far simpler explaination is that Falchion joined the likes of Ragnell and the Naga Tome in losing it's potency with age, and the Awakening ritual literally awakens it once more.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

I do want to say that yes, it is confirmed Falchion lost power between FE12's ending and Awakening and the japansese version literally says Exalted Falchion is the same level of power that Marth had- 

Source for these?

14 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Source for these?

Literally the ingame text of the Japanese Awakening and the titles of Falchion's forms. The starting Falchion is known as the sealed Falchion ( 封剣ファルシオン , Sealed Blade Falchion) and the final Falchion bears the same title and just about the same stats as it does during Marth's era ( 神剣ファルシオン , Divine Blade Falchion). Marth's Falchion is referred to as such in both 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. This is just case number 45 where 8-4 manage to shit the bed with the localization on some level with continuity because the Japanese version is pretty damn explicit about this. It's power from Marth's era is called "sealed", and I really really shouldn't have to explain the ingame context of it literally taking the same name it had under Marth's hand again once it undergoes the Awakening.

Also note Falchion's FULL power level is harnessed by Marth in FE11 and the fully realized Binding Shield does not a damn thing to Falchion. we can observe this in both gameplay and dialogue. The shield's integrity having anything to do with the sword's power in at the very least Marth's era is something we can observe to be fiction just by looking at FE11.

The simpler explaination is that they just used the sword and shield to seal Grima in the table and uh oh, Falchion lost its power like all the other regalia did since then; we gotta go fix that so we can take care of Grima again.

1 hour ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Literally the ingame text of the Japanese Awakening and the titles of Falchion's forms. The starting Falchion is known as the sealed Falchion ( 封剣ファルシオン , Sealed Blade Falchion) and the final Falchion bears the same title and just about the same stats as it does during Marth's era ( 神剣ファルシオン , Divine Blade Falchion). Marth's Falchion is referred to as such in both 3, 11, 12, 13,  [/quote]

Can you find an image from FE3 where Marth's Falchion is called Shinken Farushion? Everything I can see calls it just Farushion.

Also note Falchion's FULL power level is harnessed by Marth in FE11 and the fully realized Binding Shield does not a damn thing to Falchion.

That contradicts the Awakening Ritual. The Binding Shield unlocks the full power of Falchion. Rejected.

Edited by Baldrick

32 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

I do want to say that yes, it is confirmed Falchion lost power between FE12's ending and Awakening. The Falchion is even said to be "the Sealed Sword, Falchion" and that it's power is gone from it in the Japanese version, but 8-4 being 8-4, you can bet your ass they'd fuck that up. the japansese version literally says Exalted Falchion is the same level of power that Marth had- that's why Marth's era Falchion is localized as Exalted Falchion in Echoes.

Exalted is a very very confusing and bad localization thing that 8-4 really should be slapped for doing but I digress; it's Japanese name was "Divine Blade Falchion", same title you see thrown around in Shadow Dragon and Shin Monsho

HOWEVER, even with this in mind it's also possible the Blessing faded in much the same way as the Book of Naga and needed to merely be reenergized after all this time. In fact, I think that's the far simpler explaination is that Falchion joined the likes of Ragnell and the Naga Tome in losing it's potency with age, and the Awakening ritual literally awakens it once more.

You have a point. The simplest explanation WOULD be that like the other weapons, Falchion could have lost its power. However, given that the japanese text goes as you say, Sealed Blade Falchion, it stands to reason that unlike the other weapons, Falchion's power didn't weaken through natural means, but instead its power was in fact sealed. 

46 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Grima was never sealed in the Dragon's Tower. The Dragon's Tower was where the Earth Dragons were sealed, and the Tower was renamed into the Dragon's Table. Something tells me that it's the table because Grima ate all the Earth Dragons sealed there. I'm just guessing there of course, but all the Earth Dragons HAD to have gone somewhere. Maybe eating them all is what let Grima grow into the gargantuan size. 

Also, that's literally what I said. The Shield of Seals' power went into Falchion. However, add in the fact that we now have the case of the Brand of the Exalt that didn't exist in the case of Anri and Marth. Naga's new appearance and hailed as a god and the case of the Exalts with the Brand, it stands to reason that Naga appeared 1000 years after Marth's time and performed a blood rite with Marth's descendent. 

The rite was likely so that the power of the Shield of Seals can be channeled into Falchion. It doesn't empower it or making it even stronger. It just makes it able to possibly harm and/or seal Grima.

40 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The rite was likely so that the power of the Shield of Seals can be channeled into Falchion. It doesn't empower it or making it even stronger. It just makes it able to possibly harm and/or seal Grima.

Marth's Falchion and the Sealed Falchion can't affect Grima. The Exalted Falchion (Falchion augmented by Binding Shield, if you prefer) can.

Falchion = F, Binding Shield = B, Grima = G. (F+B)>G>F. QED.

Edited by Baldrick

30 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Marth's Falchion and the Sealed Falchion can't affect Grima. The Exalted Falchion (Falchion augmented by Binding Shield, if you prefer) can.

Falchion = F, Binding Shield = B, Grima = G. (F+B)>G>F. QED.

Uh actually

in SoV Grima is marked in the same way as Duma, as a "god" unit.

Guess what's effective against god units while Lucina's parallel Falchion is not in echoes?

if you guessed Marth's Falchion, congratulations you get an energy drop.

Lucina's parallel Falchion similarly is unable to finish off Grima in Awakening, just as it is unable to finish off Grima in Echoes. YET, both alm and Marth's Falchions DURING the Marth era are two of the only weapons to be able to kill/defeat Grima.

What does that tell you?

If Marth's Falchion can hurt Grima, why did the First Exalt make a blood pact?

Again, can you find an image from FE3 where the weapon is called "Shinken Farushion"?

EDIT: Echoes Robin doesn't seem to KO Grima, so non-canon appearances should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by Baldrick

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If Marth's Falchion can hurt Grima, why did the First Exalt make a blood pact?

Again, can you find an image from FE3 where the weapon is called "Shinken Farushion"?

EDIT: Echoes Robin doesn't seem to KO Grima, so non-canon appearances should be taken with a grain of salt.

Because Falchion didn't have the power to truly defeat Grima in his form after a thousand years. At best, it could only hurt him. Naga herself explained that she cannot kill Grima. So when Grima came into power at that time, Falchion underwent the first Awakening rite to channel the sealing abilities of the Shield of Seals. All the power that kept the Earth Dragons in an eternal sleep now was channeled into Falchion and was utilized to put Grima to sleep. It didn't make Falchion itself stronger per se, just gave it the ability to seal Grima.

Edit: Also, Robin doesn't necessarily count as Robin could only finish off Grima because he had channeled Grima's own power, and used Grima's Truth on Grima. Amiibo Robin uses Thunder magic, which wouldn't be able to kill Grima.

Edited by omegaxis1

On 5/30/2017 at 6:13 AM, omegaxis1 said:

Okay, Echoes confuses me on the case of Falchion now. Anyone else finished Echoes? I don't wanna spoil anyone.

The Falchion of Valentia is effectively a twin of the Archanean Falchion. It was carved out of a Fang from Naga, not expressly by naga herself as far as I know, so perhaps by duma or Mila.

im kind of late to this party but I have cold hard evidence the darksphere comes from Naga- Tiki says the power of the five gems are fragments of Naga's own power.

"Yes, there are five of them—Argent, Sable, Gules, Azure, and Vert. Each holds a portion of Naga's power. When mounted upon the Emblem, they allow one to perform the Awakening."

1 minute ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

The Falchion of Valentia is effectively a twin of the Archanean Falchion. It was carved out of a Fang from Naga, not expressly by naga herself as far as I know, so perhaps by duma or Mila.

im kind of late to this party but I have cold hard evidence the darksphere comes from Naga- Tiki says the power of the five gems are fragments of Naga's own power.

"Yes, there are five of them—Argent, Sable, Gules, Azure, and Vert. Each holds a portion of Naga's power. When mounted upon the Emblem, they allow one to perform the Awakening."

We'd have to wait on what Hardin says on that. 

Anyways, I know that it was also forged from Naga's fang. The thing that confuses me is:

Spoiler

Despite how it's still Falchion made from Naga herself, this Falchion that Alm uses already possesses the power to seal another dragon away, as it was used to seal Mila's power, somehow has this case where it wouldn't actually kill a person for some reason, and also has the power to restore the souls of people that have lost it as Celica has. It doesn't make sense since despite being two different Falchions, they are still essentially the same as they are both carved from Naga's fang. 

Werdna says that Falchion might always have the ability to seal dragons away, but the Shield of Seals (and by extension the Exalted Falchion by the First Exalt and Awakening), holds a much more powerful seal for the much more powerful dragons. And he believes that Naga might actually have used the Archanean Falchion during the Dragon War and used it to seal the Earth Dragons, but used the Shield of Seals to strengthen it.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

We'd have to wait on what Hardin says on that. 

Anyways, I know that it was also forged from Naga's fang. The thing that confuses me is:

Hide contents

Despite how it's still Falchion made from Naga herself, this Falchion that Alm uses already possesses the power to seal another dragon away, as it was used to seal Mila's power, somehow has this case where it wouldn't actually kill a person for some reason, and also has the power to restore the souls of people that have lost it as Celica has. It doesn't make sense since despite being two different Falchions, they are still essentially the same as they are both carved from Naga's fang. 

Werdna says that Falchion might always have the ability to seal dragons away, but the Shield of Seals (and by extension the Exalted Falchion by the First Exalt and Awakening), holds a much more powerful seal for the much more powerful dragons. And he believes that Naga might actually have used the Archanean Falchion during the Dragon War and used it to seal the Earth Dragons, but used the Shield of Seals to strengthen it.

You forget that Falchion heals as well as it harms. What happened in that scene isn't too confusing; Falchion was simply healing what was left of that person and restoring them, and Alm didn't realize it at first. Because of the Witch thing, it could simultaneously tie into Valentia Falchion's purge undead powers.

Theyre both two different artifacts made in the same way with very slight differences to them. For instance, the Valentina Falchion slays undead, whereas the Archanean Falchion is only for dragons. They're forged from two different fangs and Naga may or may not have gotten the idea for her Falchion from what Duma and Mila did to her Fang she gave them. Basically, Naga very well could have copied Duma's homework if indeed it's still the case that duma forged the Falchion from the Kingsfang. Naga gave them her Fang, but I don't think they ever directly state that she herself actually was the one who had the idea to make it a sword, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not too confusing at all, and a LOT less confusing than the multiple Gradivuses, Parthias, and Mercuriuses. None of which are ever once explained.

The shield thing may or may not be supported by the fact that if I remember correctly an enchanted shield is holding the door shut to You-Know-Who's chamber in the Thabes Labyrinth.

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

You forget that Falchion heals as well as it harms. What happened in that scene isn't too confusing; Falchion was simply healing what was left of that person and restoring them, and Alm didn't realize it at first.

Theyre both two different artifacts made in the same way with very slight differences to them. For instance, the Valentina Falchion slays undead, whereas the Archanean Falchion is only for dragons. They're forged from two different fangs and Naga may or may not have gotten the idea for her Falchion from what Duma and Mila did to her Fang she gave them.

Not too confusing at all, and a LOT less confusing than the multiple Gradivuses.

Hmm...

Spoiler

I don't think so. See, Falchion was given to Duma so that humans could use it against him and Mila in the case that they turn feral. Whether its Archanea or Valentia versions, Falchion remains as the ultimate dragon slayer weapon, and a powerful weapon overall that holds all her powers. Remember that Valentia holds no living dragons beyond Mila and Duma. All the other dragons are undead. 

I think the ability to kill the undead might have originated either because Mila also placed her blessing on it, thus allowing it to counter against her power that was causing the undead to rise, or simply counter Duma's power that was controlling the undead. It could also be that because it's a blade of light, it strikes the darkness of the undead. 

But you do have a point in how it can heal, since Falchion also has this ability to heal the holder of the weapon, though not in Alm's gameplay effect over the scenario. But the fact that Alm ran Celica through with Falchion and it not actually wounding her is what strikes me as strange. Sure she collapsed and seemed dead, but it didn't seem like the weapon actually harmed her to begin with.

Don't get me started on the case of there being a Gradivus still in Valentia since there should only be 1. I think it's only there cause Camus is there and Gradivus is his signature weapon so they made a weapon like it.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Hmm...

Hide contents

I don't think so. See, Falchion was given to Duma so that humans could use it against him and Mila in the case that they turn feral. Whether its Archanea or Valentia versions, Falchion remains as the ultimate dragon slayer weapon, and a powerful weapon overall that holds all her powers. Remember that Valentia holds no living dragons beyond Mila and Duma. All the other dragons are undead. 

I think the ability to kill the undead might have originated either because Mila also placed her blessing on it, thus allowing it to counter against her power that was causing the undead to rise, or simply counter Duma's power that was controlling the undead. It could also be that because it's a blade of light, it strikes the darkness of the undead. 

But you do have a point in how it can heal, since Falchion also has this ability to heal the holder of the weapon, though not in Alm's gameplay effect over the scenario. But the fact that Alm ran Celica through with Falchion and it not actually wounding her is what strikes me as strange. Sure she collapsed and seemed dead, but it didn't seem like the weapon actually harmed her to begin with.

Don't get me started on the case of there being a Gradivus still in Valentia since there should only be 1. I think it's only there cause Camus is there and Gradivus is his signature weapon so they made a weapon like it.

1. The Falchion does heal Alm though. Except, unlike the Archanean Falchion, where it heals 10 HP on command, the Valentian Falchion automatically heals 5 HP at the start of each turn
  2. Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that was just a result of the animation. In fact, i think Rudolf's death is the first and only time in the series (not counting the mangas) where blood is actually seen. Like, in other games, we'll heae mention of blood and wounds (in Blazing Blade, when Darin is killed, he says something like "is this....my blood?"

Just now, Armagon said:
  1. The Falchion does heal Alm though. Except, unlike the Archanean Falchion, where it heals 10 HP on command, the Valentian Falchion automatically heals 5 HP at the start of each turn
  2.   Hide contents

I'm pretty sure that was just a result of the animation. In fact, i think Rudolf's death is the first and only time in the series (not counting the mangas) where blood is actually seen. Like, in other games, we'll heae mention of blood and wounds (in Blazing Blade, when Darin is killed, he says something like "is this....my blood?"

Oh right, forgot that there was a healing ability that it gave. I forgot that instead of having effects explained in the description, its equipped to you instead as you master the weapon. 

Spoiler

And you would be very right about the case of blood, as that was the one and only scene that depicted blood. However, it doesn't explain why Falchion would heal Celica. For one thing, the healing ability of Falchion is to the wielder. Not only is Celica incapable of using it, but she wasn't even holding the weapon. And it was said that Celica had the same thing happen to her that happened to all witches, where their souls are offered or such. Yet Falchion was somehow able to restore her soul back. 

Oh right, forgot that there was a healing ability that it gave. I forgot that instead of having effects explained in the description, its equipped to you instead as you master the weapon. 

Hide contents

And you would be very right about the case of blood, as that was the one and only scene that depicted blood. However, it doesn't explain why Falchion would heal Celica. For one thing, the healing ability of Falchion is to the wielder. Not only is Celica incapable of using it, but she wasn't even holding the weapon. And it was said that Celica had the same thing happen to her that happened to all witches, where their souls are offered or such. Yet Falchion was somehow able to restore her soul back. 

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Celica being brought back to life was Mila's doing. In Awakening, Celica mentions how Mila could bring people back from the dead. 

"We have shrines to Mila all across my continent. Folks make pilgrimages there and seek the goddess's blessing. The Earth Mother has great power. She can even restore life to the dead." -Celica, Rogues and Redeemers 2.

Just now, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

I'm pretty sure Celica being brought back to life was Mila's doing. In Awakening, Celica mentions how Mila could bring people back from the dead. 

"We have shrines to Mila all across my continent. Folks make pilgrimages there and seek the goddess's blessing. The Earth Mother has great power. She can even restore life to the dead." -Celica, Rogues and Redeemers 2.

Yes, I do remember what Celica said in Awakening.

Spoiler

But what Mila said was, "Trust in Falchion." Meaning that she didn't do anything in Celica's restoration, and that it was actually Falchion's doing.

Yes, I do remember what Celica said in Awakening.

Hide contents

But what Mila said was, "Trust in Falchion." Meaning that she didn't do anything in Celica's restoration, and that it was actually Falchion's doing.

Spoiler

Mila was sealed in Falchion at the time. We know this because Mila was still turned to stone and didn't return to normal until after Celica was brought back to life.

34 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hmm...

Hide contents

Falchion was not given to them. The Kingsfang was. It is said that later the Kingsfang was carved into Falchion.

they NEVER clarify if Duma or Naga actually was the one to carve the Falchion in Echoes as far as I know, and in the original FE2, Duma is indeed the one being described as making Falchion; so it seems to me, unless there is an explicit mention of it being Naga, that Duma was the one who carved Falchion from the Kingsfang. Naga may or may not have given him the idea, or Duma may have given HER the idea for later.

theres also the fact that the Valentia Falchion heals passively as mentioned above and this is probably why that scene plays out like it does- Falchion heals passively.

by contrast, Archanea Falchion heals actively- only when Marth, Chrom, and Lucina command their Falchions to do so.

in FE Heroes, all versions of the Falchion heal every third turn, but it's not clear if lore wise they retain the original "heal on command" for all but Alm's and the "passive healing" of Alm's, due to Heroes regalia mechanics being dramatically altered for the purpose of balancing Heroes's gameplay

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Mila was sealed in Falchion at the time. We know this because Mila was still turned to stone and didn't return to normal until after Celica was brought back to life.

Actually...

Spoiler

Echoes actually now made it that Mila was never sealed inside Falchion at all. In Gaiden, it was said that Falchion had Mila inside it. But Echoes now had it that Falchion sealed Mila's powers. Mila herself was never inside the sword and actually sealed the sword so no one could use it until she herself released it. And Mila emerged from her dragon head, rather than from Falchion I believe.

Unless maybe we could consider that since this was a case of dark magic that Duma made, Falchion simply dispels the dark magic that had taken Celica. 

Just now, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

Falchion was not given to them. The Kingsfang was. It is said that later the Kingsfang was carved into Falchion.

they NEVER clarify if Duma or Naga actually was the one to carve the Falchion in Echoes as far as I know, and in the original FE2, Duma is indeed the one being described as making Falchion; so it seems to me, unless there is an explicit mention of it being Naga, that Duma was the one who carved Falchion from the Kingsfang. Naga may or may not have given him the idea, or Duma may have given HER the idea for later.

Um... I'm pretty sure the Falchion is known as the Kingsfang as well. It's a nickname so to speak. The Falchion is a weapon forged from her fang, and since Naga is the Divine Dragon King, her fang would be known as the kingsfang. She didn't simply give her fang to Duma, she had it fashioned into the weapon already, meant to be used by humans to take Duma and Mila out. It would have had to already been made into a sword since that's a human weapon. 

Actually...

Hide contents

Echoes actually now made it that Mila was never sealed inside Falchion at all. In Gaiden, it was said that Falchion had Mila inside it. But Echoes now had it that Falchion sealed Mila's powers. Mila herself was never inside the sword and actually sealed the sword so no one could use it until she herself released it. And Mila emerged from her dragon head, rather than from Falchion I believe.

Unless maybe we could consider that since this was a case of dark magic that Duma made, Falchion simply dispels the dark magic that had taken Celica. 

Spoiler

To be honest, it's kinda tricky exactly how Witches work. Yeah, someone is turned into a Witch when they offer their soul to Duma (willingly or not) but it's implied Sonya turned into a Witch and that was after Duma was gone. I think it was Clive that said being turned into a Witch is a permanent thing, yet we know it wasn't for Celica. And i think it was Hestia in the final battle who talks as if her old self is still there. Something about "Sonya, why do you get to live free", or something like that. Kinda like how Celica was trying to reach out to Alm when she was a Witch, telling him to kill her.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually...

Reveal hidden contents

Um... I'm pretty sure the Falchion is known as the Kingsfang as well. It's a nickname so to speak. The Falchion is a weapon forged from her fang, and since Naga is the Divine Dragon King, her fang would be known as the kingsfang. She didn't simply give her fang to Duma, she had it fashioned into the weapon already, meant to be used by humans to take Duma and Mila out. It would have had to already been made into a sword since that's a human weapon. 

"The ruler of the Divine dragons was merciful, so before Duma departed, she gave him one of her own fangs, the Kingsfang"

"Falchion was the name given to the blade carved from the Kingsfang. It was a sword of beginnings, an incarnation of the ruler herself"

They indicate the Kingsfang was given to them and THEN carved into the sword known as Falchion, but they never actually clarify by whom

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

To be honest, it's kinda tricky exactly how Witches work. Yeah, someone is turned into a Witch when they offer their soul to Duma (willingly or not) but it's implied Sonya turned into a Witch and that was after Duma was gone. I think it was Clive that said being turned into a Witch is a permanent thing, yet we know it wasn't for Celica. And i think it was Hestia in the final battle who talks as if her old self is still there. Something about "Sonya, why do you get to live free", or something like that. Kinda like how Celica was trying to reach out to Alm when she was a Witch, telling him to kill her.

Yeah, but for that one:

Spoiler

That's because she went and tried to research witches. Remember that Dragons possess and utilize vast knowledge of magic that humans can only dream of. Sonya was a human trying to research a way to revive witches that have lost their souls. It's possible that Naga, being the supreme dragon, had knowledge of magic to counter that already for all we know and it was implanted into Falchion.

2 minutes ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

"The ruler of the Divine dragons was merciful, so before Duma departed, she gave him one of her own fangs, the Kingsfang"

"Falchion was the name given to the blade carved from the Kingsfang. It was a sword of beginnings, an incarnation of the ruler herself"

They indicate the Kingsfang was given to them and THEN carved into the sword known as Falchion, but they never actually clarify by whom

The Kingsfang was still referred to that by Mila when she saw Falchion in the cutscene. So that doesn't change that it was still a nickname in the first line. And that second line could actually indicate how Mila was describing the Kingsfang, how it was named and fashioned, but it doesn't completely indicate that it actually happened after Duma had gotten it. Again, since Naga intended Falchion to be used by humans against Duma and Mila so that humans had a chance, it would make sense that she had already fashioned it into a sword already, rather than leave it as a fang.