[SPOILERS] Alm is a baka confirmed

3 hours ago, NaokiP said:

Also, real talk, the cutscenes look like ASS. I can't believe studio khara dropped the ball like this, especially not after Awakening and If looked so amazing...

EDIT: Misunderstood your post.

Edited by The DanMan

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's a a different studio. And it's Fates, FYI.

That doesn't really excuse the quality of the CG cutscenes as Studio Khara has done much better than this.  Also, it is "If," and it is also Fates.

Edited by Indifferent

4 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

That doesn't really excuse the quality of the CG cutscenes as Studio Khara has done much better than this.  Also, it is "If," and it is also Fates.

I thought they were specifically talking like it was the same studio, when it isn't. I wasn't saying anything to excuse it; I was simply correcting them (or so I thought).
As for the last bit, that was me snapping a bit because I've had generally poor experiences with those who default to Japanese names.

Edited by The DanMan

I'd easily take well written story, fleshed out characters, beautiful worldbulding with meh cutscenes than Awakening and Fates with one-note locked to that one gimmick characters, mediocre story but beautiful cutscenes.

4 hours ago, Indifferent said:

Pretty much what I implied.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I've had generally poor experiences with those who default to Japanese names.

I'm a poor man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, GAIDENBRO said:

I'd easily take well written story, fleshed out characters, beautiful worldbulding with meh cutscenes than Awakening and Fates with one-note locked to that one gimmick characters, mediocre story but beautiful cutscenes.

Absolutely agreed. All things considered and with all the time I've spent on them, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the last two entries in the series, but Echoes has been completely amazing so far. It's just that on the cutscene department it definitely feels like a step down. I'm not trying to say the cutscenes diminish the overall experience of the game but they still really stick out compared to the rest of the experience. Even the opening is almost completely recycled footage...

4 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

I'm a poor man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, it's my fault for lashing out.  Just had bad experiences with weebs and stuff.

1 hour ago, GAIDENBRO said:

Well, SoV doesn't exactly seem "well-written" as much as "very average". Yeah, it's gonna blow Awakening and Fates out of the water, but it's nothing spectacular and his its own issues. And really, exchange "one-note" with "flat" and you've got many of the playable cast in not only SoV, but most other FE games.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Eh, it's my fault for lashing out.  Just had bad experiences with weebs and stuff.

Well, SoV doesn't exactly seem "well-written" as much as "very average". Yeah, it's gonna blow Awakening and Fates out of the water, but it's nothing spectacular and his its own issues. And really, exchange "one-note" with "flat" and you've got many of the playable cast in not only SoV, but most other FE games.

Yet the characters in Echoes are showing more personality and have more than just some gimmick and that's it.