Trails Series

Corrobin

Delay works on them if I recall, I don't seem to remember having much trouble with it however.

Rean, Fie, Toval and Elliot was my party for that fight, Elliot saves lives early game in both games due to Resounding Beat

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle isn't hard if you know that you just have to endure long enough.

Seriously I thought the fight would stop automatically when one of them is low on health (<50% HP).
But it wasn't the case. Quite the opposite: Both used their special craft and could 2RKO my entire party.

I used the exact same party.
Rean and Fie attacked, Toval used breath and Elliot used resounding beat all the time.
Unfortunately in my successful run it wasn't possible to bring one of them down to <30% HP to get more AP.

I faced this dude for the first time and this guy pisssed me off like nothing else before. His arte oneshotted everyone of my party.
Actually my previous post referred to this fight with his girlfriend or whatever she is because there was no battle preparation menu.

Spoiler

I didn't know that I could lose so I doesn't really matter.

Getting shitfaced in Trails usually means you're underleveled and/or underequipped

Whenever I'm back in Ymir I take all orbs and accessoires of my party members to improve them in the factory.
I only give them to the party members who will accompany Rean to the next area on date of depaturing Ymir.

When I had to fight Rufus my party was worst possible prepared except for having weapons.

I guess my journey of ToCS II came to an early end.

Spoiler

I'm doing the Eisengard train dungeon now to rescue Irina Reinford.

There's the cutscene where you get flanked by two sides of total (I believe) eight enemies.
It's not the number which gives me problem but the fact that they may begin the battle. Eight enemies attack me first and will wreck my entire my party before I'm able to counterattack.
Unfortunately I don't have any KO prevention accesoires anymore (fused them).
Someone can take a KO with the angel masterquartz but it's not enough for me to withstand all the enemies.
The worst part: I have no fricking savestate before this dungeon anymore. (overwrote it)
Am I doomed now?

^ I always use S-crafts when I see that the boss has an icon (mainly heal or crit) to take opportunity of it.

Guess I have my main team now I can work with:

• Rean gives strength buff
  • Emma gives defense buff
  • Alisa recovers party's HP and CP
  • Laura / Sara is the main attacker

Emma becomes a huge nuke later on, due to the huge buff magic got in this game, later with a certain gem she was out damaging Reans S-Crafts and Laura's even at times haha. 

Also I should note to other trails fans, 3rd is right around the corner for those of you who've been waiting for it. 

So, I haven't played TITS in a long time, and I feel like playing SC as I already finished FC (3-4 years ago, iirc) and I don't really feel like playing through it all again, despite it being a great game. The problem is that I don't remember much about the game's mechanics and the orbs system. How beaten up will I get if I play SC anyway?

How come i meet so many people who don't know when they can use the S-break on enemies turns. I just use it right after the person uses a move, gives extra time . I also ytake all orbs and acceroies off till i continue the main story or have a tough battle. Also what's TITS

Edited by BakanGin

Never played any games in this series (only have a PS3 with no intentions of getting a 4, and no PC) but I've heard the franchise has good world-building. Out of curiosity, could someone go into a bit of depth and explain to me exactly how detailed the world-building is?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never played any games in this series (only have a PS3 with no intentions of getting a 4, and no PC) but I've heard the franchise has good world-building. Out of curiosity, could someone go into a bit of depth and explain to me exactly how detailed the world-building is?

Well, I don't know if it counts as world-building and I can only speak for Trails in the Sky FC, but visiting the cities and seeing the world felt kind of like... Earthbound. You get to know the cities' and characters' issues, deal with them, meet characters who are plot important (be it in long term or not), move on to the next city and learn more about what's going on in the bigger picture as you progress.

Edited by Rapier

Emma becomes a huge nuke later on, due to the huge buff magic got in this game, later with a certain gem she was out damaging Reans S-Crafts and Laura's even at times haha. 

Seriously I dare using Emma in combat because her support crafts (buffing defense + reflecting magic attacks and reviving an unit with 50 CP) are too important than to use her in combat. I only use her S craft as final blow.
Rean doesn't see much combat either except for calling The Ashen Knight and fighting transformed. Mainly buffs strength for Laura and debuffs speed of the opponent(s).
Laura / Sara are the only ones I use permanently in a boss battle.

How come i meet so many people who don't know when they can use the S-break on enemies turns. I just use it right after the person uses a move, gives extra time . I also ytake all orbs and acceroies off till i continue the main story or have a tough battle. Also what's TITS

Even with the knowledge how to use them effectively now I still often forget to use them.

TITS =Trails in the Sky

Guys, sell me on Cold Steel. I played up until the part where you fought like, a bunch of gorillas or some shit in a forest during a school trip/mission. It just seemed soooooo slooooow. I picked it up because I was a big fan of TITS, but I haven't played it in like, a year. Now that Cold Steel 2 is out, I'm interested again, but man my first impressions weren't super strong.