Fire Emblem hack/fan made project without random stats gain on lvl up?

vazful

Hello!

I opened a similar thread about a year ago asking the same question, and back then there were no replies. So today i ask again. Is there a FE hack or a fan made project without randomized stats gained on lvl up?

thanks in advance.

Hmmm i dont know if there is misunderstanding or what.

Ok, lets start from the begining. In original FE games stats gained from lvls are randomized, meaning, the growths are NOT standard. can we agree on that?.

Now. I look for a hack / fan made game that without randomized stats growths on lvl up and u are telling me that most hacks dont follow the randomized mechanics of the original games? If thats the case, then thanks for the info.

I think what OP wants is PoR-esque fixed mode

you could use fixed mode as keywords to search in the hacking subforum--I don't know any off the top of my head but if any has it that's probably the keyword they'll use.

I don't think it would be a common occurence; Getting fixed mode means some kind of asm hack, which I don't know if it has been made or not. Most romhackers do not know asm, so it really depends on if the few that do have made those patches or not, and if those are free to use, etc

2 hours ago, OrangePerson said:

I mean mostly all Fire emblem hacks follow the original game mechanics so sorry. And fixed growths would only work if the caps were higher.

what

no

fixed growths work great in games with low caps too

they just remove variance from level ups, which means that somebody who levels 10 times with an 80% strength growth is going to get 7, 8, or 9 strength 100% of the time

(the reason for the variance there is because you could have it set up to miss the growth on levels 4, 10, 15, and 20, or miss on levels 3, 5, 18, and 20; depending on how the system is set up)

You can patch the following with EA 10.1 or higher to an FE8 rom to enable fixed growths with some options. It also incorporates venno's Crusader Scrolls (which now work), which modify growths by being held in the inventory. Just open up Growths Rework EA File.txt and modify the options as necessary (shown down below as an example). In order to turn on fixed growths, you'll need to set the permanent event id of your choice using ENUT (if you're lazy and don't want to modify events, choose one of the permanent event ids used to display the guide entries, such as 0xB9, which are automatically set if not playing Easy mode).

Download here.

//Crusader scrolls work as follows: Set the first bit in byte 0x22 of the item's data. This will tell the game it's a growth booster. Then, go to the Stat Bonuses pointer (pointed to at 0xC in item data). The first 0x8 bytes of the struct are used for actual stat bonuses, and 0x9 is reserved for a possible magic bonus, so begin at 0xA past and write your growth modifiers in the order HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res, Luk. These values are signed, so you can have negative bonuses (-128 to +127).
    //Example: Stat bonuses pointer is 0x8B2B000, and the scroll gives +10 hp, +10 str, 0 skl, -10 spd, +20 def, 0 res, and -20 luk. You would go to B2B00A and write 0A 0A 00 F6 14 0 EC.
    //NOTE: As it stands, if a player character or boss has a scroll in their inventory and autolevelling is on, the scroll(s) will affect the levels gained during autolevelling.

//Write 0 if you don't want fixed growth mode to exist, or 1 if you want it to be an option
    #define Growth_Opt1 1
    //Write 0 if you want crusader scrolls and metis tome to affect growths when fixed mode is on, or 1 if they should NOT affect growths
    #define Growth_Opt2 1
    //Write 0 if you want only the first crusader scroll in a person's inventory to affect growths, or 1 for multiple ones to stack
    #define Growth_Opt3 1
    //Write 0 if you don't want fixed growths mode to apply to enemy/npc autolevels
    #define Growth_Opt4 1
    //select the Metis tome boost (applies to all growths)
    #define Metis_Tome_Boost 5
    //if fixed growth mode is enabled, select the permanent event id to use to toggle it on
    #define Fixed_Growths_ID 0xB0

Edited by Tequila

8 hours ago, vazful said:

Hello!

I opened a similar thread about a year ago asking the same question, and back then there were no replies. So today i ask again. Is there a FE hack or a fan made project without randomized stats gained on lvl up?

thanks in advance.

I think you ask the wrong section.

People don't make hack here.

3 hours ago, Bedimal Eliwan said:

what

no

fixed growths work great in games with low caps too

they just remove variance from level ups, which means that somebody who levels 10 times with an 80% strength growth is going to get 7, 8, or 9 strength 100% of the time

(the reason for the variance there is because you could have it set up to miss the growth on levels 4, 10, 15, and 20, or miss on levels 3, 5, 18, and 20; depending on how the system is set up)

I think he means if a unit has 80% growth, that unit will always gets 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 at Lv 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 no matter if the game is played by million players with million playthroughs, that unit always gets the same stat at the same lv.

To explain myself a little better.

In original FE games getting stats is basically a matter of luck. Ofc the chance of the growths for each character differs, but they are still based on luck.

And what i ask is basically a system that gives standard amount of stats points on lvl up. For example:

Character X gains 0.3 STR on lvl up while character Z gains 0.75 STR on lvl up. So if both of them lvl up 3 times, character X will get a total of 0.9 STR and character Z will get 2.25 STR.

A system like this is very simply and keeps every unit unique plus it gets rid of the game breaking (at least to me) randomized growths.