List 3 Playable Characters From Each FE That You're Betting Won't Ever Be Playable

Randoman

I thought it'd be interesting if we got people to list 3 playable characters (barring FE4 substitutes, BSFE/FE12 specific characters, and FE13 Spotpass characters like Gangrel) from each FE (barring FE11, 12, and 15, due to them being remakes) and see which characters most of SF think will never be playable in Fire Emblem Heroes. And please, don't mention things like "half the cast" or "all FE4 substitutes." I want specific names of characters since I want to see which names show up the most frequently. Also, in cases like FE3, FE5, FE7, FE10, and FE14 where characters from a previous game also show up (eg: Elice in FE3 showed up before in FE1, Mia in FE10 showed up before in FE9, Inigo/Laslow in FE14 showed up before in FE13), try to stick with only listing them once for your entire list. I mean, it'd be really boring if people put repeats like "FE13 Anna and FE14 Anna" or "FE9 Gatrie and FE10 Gatrie".

Also, if you're too unfamiliar with a particular FE game (eg: you never played FE5 or don't know its cast very well), feel free to skip it.

FE1: Dolph, Macellan, and Tomas

FE2: Ryuto, Jesey, and Atlas

FE3: Yubello, Samto, and Ellerean

FE4: Arden, Claude, and Corpul

FE6: Gonzales, Hugh, and Zeiss

FE7: Lowen, Karla, and Renault

FE8: Dozla, Rennac, and Knoll

FE13: Say'ri, Kjelle, and Brady

FE14: Yukimura, Scarlet, and Fuga

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Binding Blade: Cath, Reigh, Jodel

Blazing Blade: Wallace, Geitz and Vaida

Sacred Stones: Duessel, Dozla and Orson

Radiant Dawn: Vika, Gareth and Sephiran

Shadow Dragon: Horace, Nagi and Boah

New Mystery: Dice, Malice and Katarina (screw your stupid rules, I don't care)

Awakening: Say'ri, Flavia and Aversa (ditto)

FE8: Syrene, Rennac, Valter (hnn I want him tho...)

FE9: Makalov, Devdan, Rhys

FE10: Fiona, Pelleas, Renning

Not counting any laguz in here cause I wonder if they're even gonna implement them...I hope so.

FE1/3/11/12: Dolph, Macellen, Nagi

I was going to say Bord & Cord until I remembered the two interchangable knights. Bord & Cord at least have Barst as an anchor and the fact they're so interchangeable is The Joke in like every game they show up in. They even got into Mirage Sessions! Meanwhile I almost forgot about the 2 knights completely and I don't think they have any staying power in anyone's minds. Nagi just because you really have to go out of your way to get her, she's at the end of the game, and she basically exist as a mysterious tiki replacement/naga theorycraft material.

FE7: Renault, Merlinus, Will

Renault's sort of at the end of the game, doesn't really stand out statistically and all his interesting stuff is hidden away in supports and battle dialog people may never see. If I hadn't see those, I'd forget about him is all I'm saying. If he gets in I bet it's because Nergal gets added and they want to play up his relations with him. Merlinus is a bit of a cheat but the only real way they could make him work is if they made him a horsebound sword user (with a special sprite to accomodate his cart); he does inexplicably carry a sword at his waist in his art. Will just exists, he's That One Archer but I've never seen anyone really care about him; it's probably not coincidental that we got Rebecca of the FE7 archers before Will is all I'm saying

And I can't really pick anyone out of FE8-10, 8's cast is small (orson maybe but he's not REALLY playable so...) so i'd be surprised if we didn't get everyone and none stand out as not being at least a little stand out. 

Due to Awakening & Fate's popularity I highly doubt we don't get their normal, full playable casts. And all the "post game" Awakening units bar Priam are important enough that we'll get them eventually I'm sure. Fates' prisoners are the only ones I expect we'll never get but those don't necessarily count.

I'll admit my reasons are kind of arbitrary, especially for like Renault who you could apply to all sorts of characters.

e: Just remembered that Candace & Nichol were both kind of special and even got on the choose your legend poll so who knows, maybe even they'll get in some day.

Edited by r_n

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

FE6: Gonzales, Hugh, and Zeiss

28 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

FE10: Fiona, Pelleas, Renning

WHY????!!

I want these two boys :( ! Haha

Let's see if I can think in 3 characters from the games I played.

FE Marth games - Matthis, Frey , Beck and Jake (because of their class... But I would love to see Jake, specially if he can have a small talk with Askr!Anna)

FE Elibe -  Merlinus (the guy have it hard to get in the game because of his class!!!!), Zeloth

FE Magvel - Dozla, Orson, The kings and Ismaire

FE Tellius - Davden/Devdan/whatever , Kyza , Nealuchi

Awakening -  the less popular of the kids probably??

Fates - Yukimura

I can't think in 3 haha

Edited by SniperGYS

FE1,3,11,12: Warren, Beck, Jake
FE2: Zake, Atlas, Jesse
FE4: Midayle, Jamka, Alec
FE5: Ralph, Conomor, Fred
FE6: Lot, Trek, Hugh
FE7: Renault, Karla, Geitz
FE8: Syrene, Garcia, Saleh
FE9: Ulki, Janaff, Muarim
FE10: Vika, Lyre, Kyza
FE13: Kjelle, Gregor, Brady
FE14: Fuga, Dwyer, Ignatius

There are a lot of characters that you say we cannot pick from that I totally expect would make it much before these names. Gangrel and Aversa I totally expect to see eventually considering Awakening gets some sort of priority.

You think Arden doesn't have much of a chance but he is one of two knights only from his game so I think that helps him quite a bit.

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

FE4: Arden, Claude, and Corpul

Arden ranked 3rd highest of all Jugdral characters in the CYL poll---yes, more than Celice. I'm sure he got votes for the memes/being the DORCAS OF JUDGRAL, but if Wrys can be in the game, so can Arden~!

Don't feel like ranking right now, but I doubt Xane of Archanea fame will be in the game (because while he's not unpopular, I don't think they'll create a special class for him. He can't even have a stone unless it's like a what if Xane). I hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Iris

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have zero reason to believe that any playable character isn't going to be in this game eventually unless it somehow doesn't last 2 years.

With so many characters to add, it's definitely going to take a while. I'm sure the developers will forget to add some characters.

2 years have passed...
Dev 1: "Hmm... We have added a lot of characters. But who are we missing?"
Dev 2: "I don't think we're missing anyone. I'm sure these are all the characters in the game. Ulki, Dolph, Samto, Wallace, Orson. You name it."
Kellam: "Umm.. Hey you're forgetting someone"
Dev 1: "Yes. It does seem like every character is in."
Kellam: "Hellooo..."
Dev 2: "Oh wait. Perhaps I am forgetting someone."
Kellam gets excited
Dev 1: "Ah maybe you're right."
Dev 2: "I can't seem to remember his name... I think it starts with a 'K' and then an "E"..."
Dev 1: "..."
Dev 2: "Oh I know!"
Kellam: "Finally! I just... I'm glad you finally saw me!"
Dev 2: "We forgot to add Keaton."
Kellam facepalms for the rest of eternity

Just now, Falcom said:

With so many characters to add, it's definitely going to take a while. I'm sure the developers will forget to add some characters.

Regardless, this is my counter-bet:

If the game runs for at least 2 years, every playable character will be implemented. If a character appears in multiple games, they only need to be implemented for at least one game to count. They don't have to be implemented within the first 2 years to count, either.

Which means the only way I can lose my counter-bet is if the game lasts for at least 2 years, but is discontinued before every playable character is implemented. This is a perfect plan. I just know it.

To be honest, provided the game doesn't stop being profitable and stop getting support before every character gets the chance, I fully expect every playable character to be added to the game (and some non-playable characters, as we've seen with playable bosses). To me, it's less a matter of who will and will not be added, and more so who will be added sooner rather than later.

That said, I am sorta iffy about how characters with certain classes will be added. Mainly things like the Ballisticians like Jake and Beck, Yukimura as a Mechanist, and to an extent Reina as a Kinshi Knight. The kinshi I could see being added alongside the pegasi and wyverns for the sake of a bow flier, but I'm not really sure how they'd implement the other two, making the characters that belong to said classes a bit of a grey area in my "everyone will be added eventually" stance.

I don't think it is realistic to believe every character will be added. They're not revealing them at that fast a pace and there are near a thousand of playable ones, more if you start including notable enemies/NPCs.

Edited by Vince777

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

2 years have passed...
Dev 2: "I don't think we're missing anyone. I'm sure these are all the characters in the game. Ulki, Dolph, Samto, Wallace, Orson. You name it."
Kellam gets excited
Dev 2: "I can't seem to remember his name... I think it starts with a 'K' and then an "E"..."

Plot twist: Kellam is already in the game but nobody, even the dev team, realise it

46 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Binding Blade: Cath, Raigh, Jodel

...you mean the guy you get as a free unit right at the start of Heroes?

As for OP, I'm going to have to concur with Ice Dragon: they'll all get their turn. So will most of the major villains, I assume.

Bazba for Heroes

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

Mainly things like the Ballisticians like Jake and Beck

Could always use the classes they gave them in New Mystery of the Emblem instead.

It'd be cool if they added balisticians somehow though..

The characters that seem least likely to be added are ones that don't fit into the game mechanics as they are now. So Xane, the ballista dudes (unless they cheat and class change them like new mystery), Taguel, Laguz. On an unrelated note, they better add some colorless mage type for Micaiah because staff user with ardent sacrifice doesn't make sense. 

9 minutes ago, CancerTurtle said:

Mainly things like the Ballisticians like Jake and Beck

That's... actually a good point.

Either they're going to have to figure out how to implement long-range weaponry (which I do have viable ideas for, such as 1 movement range with a 4-range weapon that cannot double attack) or they're going to have to re-class them to something else, like a standard archer.

3 minutes ago, cogawak said:

The characters that seem least likely to be added are ones that don't fit into the game mechanics as they are now. So Xane, the ballista dudes (unless they cheat and class change them like new mystery), Taguel, Laguz. On an unrelated note, they better add some colorless mage type for Micaiah because staff user with ardent sacrifice doesn't make sense. 

Xane has no real problem with his implementation. He can get a unique assist skill that changes him into an allied character for a few turns.

Same with the Taguel and Laguz. They can simply use the same system that the dragons use, but with a physical, colored Strike weapon type.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Binding Blade: Cath, Reigh, Jodel

Blazing Blade: Wallace, Geitz and Vaida

Sacred Stones: Duessel, Dozla and Orson

Radiant Dawn: Vika, Gareth and Sephiran

Shadow Dragon: Horace, Nagi and Boah

New Mystery: Dice, Malice and Katarina (screw your stupid rules, I don't care)

Awakening: Say'ri, Flavia and Aversa (ditto)

Raigh is already in the game.

FE1/3/11/12: Dolph, Macellan, Sedgar

FE2: Atlas, Jesse, Deen(I would want these people in it though. Maybe not Atlas.)

FE4: Arden, Claude, Alec

FE5: Alva, Fred, Glade(Although him getting last may be a reason to put him in.)

FE6: Yodel, Trec, Wade

FE7: Karla, Geitz, Vaida

FE8: Dozla, Duessel,

FE9 and 10: Ulki, Brom, Devdan

FE13: Kjelle, Gregor, Yarne

FE14: Sophie, Fuga, Yukimura

Edited by 1japanfan

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Regardless, this is my counter-bet:

If the game runs for at least 2 years, every playable character will be implemented. If a character appears in multiple games, they only need to be implemented for at least one game to count. They don't have to be implemented within the first 2 years to count, either.

Which means the only way I can lose my counter-bet is if the game lasts for at least 2 years, but is discontinued before every playable character is implemented. This is a perfect plan. I just know it.

Good luck with that. I'm betting after 2 years, that you'll get all the characters once you win your bet. My issue is how they plan on adding less popular characters. Mainly because they've been adding more fan favorites. Unless they somehow include a bunch of them for a story update, I fear that they'll be all added consecutively, completely drawing away many of its players during those times.

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It'd be cool if they added balisticians somehow though..

Probably make them attack only 3 spaces away. Though I think it'd be a bit too mean towards fliers.

24 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

WHY????!!

I want these two boys :( ! Haha

I want him too, I just dunno if he'll make it )8 But maybe he will..since he's the only playable dark mage in the game right? And a "prince". Hmmm...

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

FE4: Substitutes in general

mark my words, linda and amid will rise, more powerful than you could imagine in your wildest dreams

((((i actually kinda like linda and her bro is actually the only other one I care about since he's ugly as fuck so I think it'd be funny if he was in too because that would mean he'd get new art))))

Edited by unique

40 minutes ago, Falcom said:

2 years have passed...
Kellam gets excited

Wait a minute.

Who's Kellam?

Fire emblem 8: Florouspar, Garcia, and Jerik