Serenes Makes a FE Game Tier List: Round 5

Jedi

14 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'll be interested in hearing about why people score games the way they do. For example, I value story a lot so it is a significant priority (that's why Conquest scores lower than Birthright in my book).

I barely value story in FE, so my scores go by "Mechanics I liked, Games I liked the casts of, and games I had the most fun playing". In terms of if I care about an FE story its more "do I care about the characters involved", which puts it a mild step up above Pokemon in terms of "game plots I don't usually care about, but play for gameplay"

Now if this were "The Legend of Heroes" i'd value gameplay & story equally.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best:

Awakening - 3 Points

Radiant Dawn - 2 Points

Genealogy of the Holy War - 1 Point

Worst:

Conquest - 3 Points

Shadow Dragon - 2 Points

Path of Radiance - 1 Point

Changed my votes a bit because I'm feeling spiteful towards Kris again.

Best

3 - Binding Blade

2 - Path of Radiance

1 - Shadow Dragon

Worst

3 - Radiant Dawn

2 - Awakening

Not voting 1s on worst until these two are out.

22 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'll be interested in hearing about why people score games the way they do. For example, I value story a lot so it is a significant priority (that's why Conquest scores lower than Birthright in my book).

For me it's a "complete package" kind of thing. I'm voting the games up highest that I think that are solid all round. New Mystery is a difficult one for me to reconcile because I like the gameplay a lot but really dislike particular things about the overall design process WRT the self insert, so sometimes I feel like I think it's easily better than Shadow Dragon or Path of Radiance, and sometimes I hate it so much that I want to rate it really low.

Edited by Irysa

So Path of Radiance & Genealogy tied for Best, and when I tried to see how much the difference would be with their "worst" votes they tied there too. 

Unsure what to do. 

Shadow Dragon won worst though with (27)

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

So Path of Radiance & Genealogy tied for Best, and when I tried to see how much the difference would be with their "worst" votes they tied there too. 

Unsure what to do. 

Shadow Dragon won worst though with (27)

Maybe do a "Super Sudden Death" round and give people 1 more day to cast their vote for either PoR or Genealogy.

Or just flip a coin. Or let NekoKnight decide the value of all games.

FE4

Also wouldn't it be easier to put this question in a poll?
It would save time and effort because you don't need to read all the posts.

In general this thread could be handled easier if six polls were made about your 1-3 most favorite and 1-3 least favorite FE parts. Then you let the people vote for like a couple of weeks because not everyone is online everyday and is able to vote in each "battle".
This would kill the "battle effect" but it would be fairer because more people would have a chance to vote in and the result would be more meaningful consequently.

24 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

In general this thread could be handled easier if six polls were made about your 1-3 most favorite and 1-3 least favorite FE parts. Then you let the people vote for like a couple of weeks because not everyone is online everyday and is able to vote in each "battle".
This would kill the "battle effect" but it would be fairer because more people would have a chance to vote in and the result would be more meaningful consequently.

There's a limit of five poll questions. You'd have to take away one of the participants' votes for this to work. But if we did vote for top three favorite and top 2 least favorite, it could prove more manageable for people who have a hard time showing up daily. And when a game is placed on the list remove it from all five polls (including all the people still voting for that game. By clicking vote options, you can change your vote on each question.