Serenes Makes a FE Game Tier List: Round 5

Jedi

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

There's a limit of five poll questions. You'd have to take away one of the participants' votes for this to work. But if we did vote for top three favorite and top 2 least favorite, it could prove more manageable for people who have a hard time showing up daily. And when a game is placed on the list remove it from all five polls (including all the people still voting for that game. By clicking vote options, you can change your vote on each question.

Oh, I see.
Somehow I thought this limit was lifted after the upgrade, but I was wrong apparently.

Also you can't edit your polls easily. At least before the upgrade there was the issue that all the users who voted for sth. which has been removed after a while, they couldn't give a new vote because their old vote was still saved in the poll somehow. Idk if this has been fixed.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genealogy wins the sudden death 

Best 
Blazing Blade/Sword 
Thracia 776
Sacred Stones
Genealogy of the Holy War

Middle

Shadow Dragon
Gaiden
Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light
Fates Revelations
Worst

Vote for the 5th of each category now

Best

3 pts: Fates - Conquest
2 pts: New Mystery of the Emblem
1 pts: Path of Radiance

Worst

3 pts: Radiant Dawn
2 pts: Fates - Birthright
1 pts: Awakening

decided to replace fe6 with awakening

anyway, these lists are showing me that mystery of the emblem is the most forgettable/least played fire emblem game.

Edited by Nobody
Derp, forgot to replace shadow dragon in the best list

Well, there went both in the same side...

Best

3 Pts - New Mystery of the Emblem

2 Pts - Mystery of the Emblem

1 Pt - Path of Radiance

Worst

3 Pts - Radiant Dawn

2 Pts - Fates Birthright

1 Pt - Fates Conquest

41 minutes ago, Nobody said:
Best

3 pts: Fates - Conquest
2 pts: New Mystery of the Emblem
1 pts: Path of Radiance

Worst

3 pts: Radiant Dawn
2 pts: Fates - Birthright
1 pts: Awakening

decided to replace fe6 with awakening

anyway, these lists are showing me that mystery of the emblem is the most forgettable/least played fire emblem game.

Which is slightly amusing since I'm pretty sure it made the most money by a long stretch before Awakening came along.

Best

3 - Binding Blade

2 - Path of Radiance

1 - Mystery of the Emblem

Worst

3 - Radiant Dawn

2 - Awakening

Edited by Irysa

Best
3 points: Path of Radiance
2 points: Birthright
1 point: Radiant Dawn

Worst
3 points: Conquest
2 points: Awakening
1 point: Binding Blade

@Irysa@Gustavos Shadow Dragon was already selected.

Edited by NekoKnight

Best

3pt New Mystery

2pt Conquest

1pt Awakening 

Worst

3pt Path of Radiance - For some reason it's low difficulty never became as infamous as Sacred Stones. It's Hard mode may well be easier than sacred stone's hard mode, even if it's normal mode is thankfully above sacred stones normal mode. Also I always feel like Ike is showered with money which is pretty ironic given he's the only non-royal protaganists. It doesn't help that he gets more bang for his buck than any previous lord since forging is at his disposal. I also kind of feel like the community has put the game in an echo chamber- while laguz/forging/skills are nice, I actually see this game as largely continuing the trend of  stale mechanics from the GBA games: especially map design/enemy placement wise. I do like the story and characters though. 

2pt Radiant Dawn -  RD and Binding Blade are what what I refer to as the medium difficulty FE games, and more or less have the most substantial hard mode changes of any game prior to Shadow Dragon. However, I do feel that both of them front load the difficulty, as later chapters/maps, even in Hard mode, don't really make you scramble the way that the early ones do. Radiant Dawn is more guilty in this regard with most of chapter 4 being completable by the newly recruited laguz royals as well as designing the first few Chapter 3 Greil Mercenary chapters as a deliberate victory march. The questionable BEXP from PoR also makes its ugly return.

1pt Binding Blade - After leafing through Birthright's Lunatic mode 2 week ago, I've actually grown onto Birthright a little. I thought that having the difficultly start on later chapters would be solely a detriment, but then I considered how let down I get in say, FE6 C8-14 and again after the route merge, or RD Part 4. In some ways its refreshing having an easy earlygame and a hard late game.

Well then... all of my top picks ended up in the Top 5, so it just leaves the worst for me ( which hasn't changed. Had I played FE13/14 then FE6 probably wouldn't have featured on my list of worst FEs )

Worst:

3 points: FE9

2 points: FE10

1 point: FE6

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Which is slightly amusing since I'm pretty sure it made the most money by a long stretch before Awakening came along.

Yeah, it's the best selling fire emblem in japan to this day

Best

Awakening - 3 points

Radiant Dawn - 2 points

Path of Radiance - 1 point

Worst

Birthright - 3 points

I can't really justify putting Conquest here due to its awesome gameplay, and the rest of the games I've played have been chosen.

I'm surprised by how divided people are on Binding Blade and Path of Radiance. Radiant Dawn and Awakening I already knew, but not the other two.

Edited by Thane

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Yeah, it's the best selling fire emblem in japan to this day

Huh really? Even more than Awakening and Fates? I guess people really bought games in the SNES days.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Huh really? Even more than Awakening and Fates? I guess people really bought games in the SNES days.

Yeah, awakening sold like 500000 copies, fates sold about 600000 and FE3 sold about 780000, according to famitsu.

of course, fire emblem started selling way less starting with thracia and then even less with path of radiance, so the 3ds games were a huge return to form there and as much of a success as they were in the west.

Edited by Nobody

Best 

3 pts: Path of Radiance 

2 pts: Conquest 

1 pts: Radiant Dawn

Worst

3pts: Awakening 

2pts: Birthright 

1pts: New Mystery

Edited by Locke087