What would you do if FE series came to an end?

Harvey

Now this question might seem pointless since we all know by now that FE is a major Nintendo IP.

But just to be into the alternate dimension, if Awakening bombed and if the IP indeed came to an end, what would you do as an FE fan?

Me personally, I'd be upset and while I still have an urge to do it, I would play all the FE games that were released before Awakening and get sad that a fantastic IP is gone for some reason.

And yeah, that'd be a good reason for wanting to get Shouzou Kaga's spiritual games like Tear Ring Saga or Vestaria Saga. Quite frankly, other TRPGs don't have the same feel as FE atleast IMO.

Well, technically if Awakening bombed, I likely would never have become a Fire Emblem fan in the first place, as Awakening is the game that got me into the series, after Robin and Lucina were included in Smash Bros.

Now, if FE were to go under some time in the future, now that I've already been hooked, I would obviously be very disappointed, but it wouldn't be the first time I've gone through it *cough Chibi-Robo cough*. I'd probably end up going through the games I haven't finished and haven't had a chance to play yet. That is, until Pokemon came and stole my attention away from me. Then I dunno how I'd react after that, seeing as how I've been flipflopping between the two whenever there's a new game on the horizon, and without a new FE game on the horizon, I don't know how much I'd still care.

I'd just play the ones we still had, I've been playing various series that just stopped. But it didn't stop me from enjoying what already existed.

I honestly don't think I'd care, because it's not within my personality to really be bothered by those kinds of things. Not to mention that I haven't played FE (besides Heroes) in a long time anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference.

I'd fucking celebrate because it would mean the end of this franchise being progressively more and more disgraced

and it would also make way more hacks, quality hacks at that, become a thing because people wouldn't be able to be held over by the new games coming out

all in all I think it'd be a good thing

2 hours ago, Folt said:

Mario and Zelda

Yeah! Thank god those IPs wil hardly make bombs because I'd be down if that happens!

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'd be pretty bummed. There are a number of strategy rpgs on the market but I don't think they really have the same appeal as Fire Emblem.

I know right! I mean, as good as Valkyria Chronicles is, the characters are so generic and boring...even the main characters.

If it died around Awakening, I'd have waited on getting the 3DS sure, but as for FE as a series, I've have to wait on the patches of games like Binding Blade and Geneology, and I have the feeling patches would have taken longer to come out if the series was dead (maybe not forever, but still)

I might still have asked about SD/NMotE and if it was better to play than MotE though.

Be slightly disappointed but gradually get over it while still harboring a festering grudge. I'm used to my favorite game series either being halted for any number of reasons, ignored by their creators or just being finished all together. I have long since accepted that it is the fate of things - all the things that I like have a higher chance of not being completed/continued. 

The series never did end, but I thought it did in high school when shadow dragon was relevant. I was vaguely aware of a Shadow Dragon 2 that was japan only and didn't want it to come over - that's how jaded I was. One of my friends turned me on to the Mother series and we talked all the time about how we'd make a Mother 4 or new Fire Emblem. But then awakening happened and nearly everybody was playing it like it was a new pokemon. The game itself was great too, it was like a prayer had been answered.

If Awakening didn't happen, I imagine Marth and Ike would still appear in Smash 4 and that would cause me some heartache, but it would pass.  I was checking out a few GBA rom hacks during that golden age around 2011, and would probably have played a lot more of them if Awakening was never announced.

I would commit seppuku get a bit sad, but that's about it, since I can still enjoy the remaining games. I mean, it's kind of how feel for the Mother series too: only three games, but still enjoyable to replay.

Besides, there are romhacks as well, so...

10 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Like the people still waiting for a new Advance Wars, F Zero, Metroid etc.

Once you let go of hope, it becomes very freeing. :P

I don't know how I'd react if Fire Emblem came to an end. I'm glad it hasn't though. In contrast to some, I do not hate Fates or Awakening. I think they're both worthy additions to the series. I'd probably be bummed as Fire Emblem has become a series I enjoy very much. But I'd get over it eventually and fall back on my fond memories, which I already do since few remember Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn - present company not included.

I'd die IRL.  On the offchance that I was rushed to a hospital and given treatment, I'd have suicidal tendencies for months afterwards.  I'd probably need to go see my therapist again.  I don't think other SRPG's have the same appeal as FE, but there are 12 other FE games that I'd be able to play to be motivated to live.

Edited by Refa

13 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'd just shrug and play what we have.

I'd do the first half of this, then would have resumed playing other things.

I wouldn't really care.
EDIT: Okay, not too much not caring, it's still mostly cool.

P.S. @Refa don't die

Edited by Soledai

8 hours ago, Refa said:

I'd die IRL.  On the offchance that I was rushed to a hospital and given treatment, I'd have suicidal tendencies for months afterwards.  I'd probably need to go see my therapist again.  I don't think other SRPG's have the same appeal as FE, but there are 12 other FE games that I'd be able to play to be motivated to live.

I agree that many TRPGs don't have the same feel as Fire Emblem but committing suicide for this is just plain bizarre don't you think? What if you ended up looking at a spiritual successor to FE and like that series to happen?

Gotta say, You're lucky that you can go for therapy compared to me where my parents refuse to let me go to one. 

Me personally, I'd face of depression to some extent and then just take a grain of salt and move on. 

I do wonder though....would this site still be around if FE did come to an end?

Well, if FE had ended at Awakening... it would be unfortunately, but in the end, such is life.

There would be still be games to play and while discontinued it wouldn't be quite dead (I would think the VC/eShop rereleases would've still made it in, who knows), so I wouldn't be quite bothered with it.

And well, I'd still have SRW, THE SRPG series for me.

On 8/4/2017 at 1:28 PM, VincentASM said:

I'd probably keep trucking on and hope for a rebirth one day.

Like the people still waiting for a new Advance Wars, F Zero, Metroid etc.

Same. I'm still hoping for a new AW and I would do the same for FE, if It was in the same situation.