How many OCs do you think the game will have and do you think the cast will be female slanted?

The DanMan

How Many OCs do you think the game will have?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How Many OCs do you think the game will have?

2. 2. Do you think the cast will significantly slant towards females?

Let's be real, if Glade made it in, wouldn't that be the best thing of all time?

Answering my own question, yes it would.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Let's be real, if Glade made it in, wouldn't that be the best thing of all time?

Glade getting in means anybody can get in.

My vote for out of nowhere picks is the only logical choice, Vyland.

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Agitha got in purely because she was the favorite character of one of the developers.

So we could see a relatively obscure or unpopular pick here, too. For all we know, the lead developer's favorite character is Glade from Thracia 776.

That's the first I've ever heard of that in regards to Agitha. I think it's more likely that her inclusion was done due to moveset potential.

11 hours ago, Refa said:

Glade & Fred, the broest of bros storming an army by themselves.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Glade & Fred, the broest of bros storming an army by themselves.

Fred!! Best, Best idea of all time! (Though is this a typo and you meant Finn?) 

Though on Fred I think a solid connection to an element is a pretty good place to start design/moveset wise which Fred does have going for him. (Imo anyway) 

Edited by goodperson707

18 hours ago, Refa said:

I would love it if Glade made it in as like, a pet for Finn. Adventure Time with Finn and Glade.

Or they could just go really bizarre with it, and have Glade be a disembodied, floating heat that just orbited around Finn, and only Finn could see him.

19 hours ago, Refa said:

I'd have no issue with that.

Poor guy deserves something after coming dead last.

And regarding Agitha, I THINK there was an interview somewhere that said that was the reason for her inclusion, but I can't find it. I wasn't trying to complain about her, just noting that fan popularity isn't the only criteria.

Edited by Anomalocaris

On 4/24/2017 at 8:43 PM, DIO said:

Hmn, if the 'leak' about two warring kingdoms is true, I'd actually put it at about 4-5 OC characters, not counting any entries from Heroes (to be honest, I could see the Heroes characters being brought in as post-release DLC); at least enough to cover the Weapon Triangle, plus a magic user and an archer/ranged weapon type. Let's put it at about the same as Heroes; two good, two bad, one 'other' that may or may not be integral to the plot... SPeaking on that, if this is their way to legitimize Breidablik into the series, I'd be pretty okay with that.

It's going to favor females and males that have any sort of major following; Niles is a pretty solid bet I'd say, same with any guys that might have scored high on any of the polls. As for who will get majority, It depends on how they end up implementing the character/moveset rosters...

Hoh, time to be petty I guess...

Impa - a character since Zelda 2 that has NEVER shown feelings for Link

Agitha - a young girl that's too wrapped up in her own world to think about Link as more than 'the bug chauffeur'.

Fi - a servant of the Goddesses that at MOST sees Link as a partner by the end of their game.

Linkle - A stupid entry meant to appease nutters A farm girl that's too wrapped up in her own raving delusions quest to be the Legendary Hero to even know who Link is.

Tetra - At most shows a camaraderie towards Link.

Medli - more focused on her roles as Valoo's attendant/Earth Sage and never shows any feelings for Link

So that leaves Zelda, two OCs (that really count more as a single person), Ruto, Midna (both forms, one character), Toon Zelda, and MAYBE Marin (Sheik doesn't count due to only being a disguise) that have feelings for Link. Unlike what Breath of the Wild (hilariously) entails, not every character, female or otherwise, is looking to jump Link's bones or pining for his Master Sword, unless you start trying to apply fan theories or wild assumptions...

My original comment wasn't meant to describe them all, but I can see how it can be understood as such. Even so, half of the female cast has an unrequited crush on Link still, so I consider that significant. 

On 25.4.2017 at 5:43 AM, DIO said:

Linkle - A stupid entry meant to appease nutters A farm girl that's too wrapped up in her own raving delusions quest to be the Legendary Hero to even know who Link is.

Linkle is fine. She's more like Tingle than Link, character-wise, but I like the underlying subtext in her campaign that she actually makes for a very good sidekick character to the heroes of the chapter (Ruto & Darunia, Fi, Twili Midna, and Impa) in every chapter but the first one of her sidestory. (Of course, since Linkle is Linkle, this flies over her head.)

On 25.4.2017 at 5:43 AM, DIO said:

So that leaves Zelda, two OCs (that really count more as a single person), Ruto, Midna (both forms, one character), Toon Zelda, and MAYBE Marin (Sheik doesn't count due to only being a disguise) that have feelings for Link. Unlike what Breath of the Wild (hilariously) entails, not every character, female or otherwise, is looking to jump Link's bones or pining for his Master Sword, unless you start trying to apply fan theories or wild assumptions...

Should also be noted that among the core cast of Hyrule Warriors, 4 of the girls (5 if you count Cia as eparate from Lana) have crushes on Link compared to only three who don't, and the joke about the game/heroes side only consisting of Link and his harem was formed around that time.

(Though the game doesn't help; the True Partners reward map is essentially Link picking an eligible female, prompting the rest to join the enemy army out of spite.)

On 4/11/2017 at 2:09 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Most FE characters don't have much substance, it is hardly particular to the female characters. I could list off popular male characters I find lacking in substance but that would risk turning this into something rather tangential.

Referring to characters as "waifus" diminishes the many reasons people may like characters and is applied exclusively to characters of one gender (how often is Leo or Gaius dismissed as a "husbando"? Hardly ever, and then typically in jest), usually as a way to dismiss or belittle their fanbase. It's an extremely problematic practice.

I actually tend to agree with both of these statements. Going back to old games, I found a lot of characters that had less depth than most Awakening characters. I also prefer to avoid the term "waifu" mainly because I think it reflects badly on me, but it also does seem to be a disservice to my favorite character.

As for OCs, at least three is my guess, but it could be more.

Also, yes, I think it will lean female if HW is anything to go by, but I'm fine with that (except for Tharja. I loathe Tharja).

Someone mentioned Cherche, and, as much as I'd like to see her make it in, Camilla is almost guaranteed to beat her in.