Random Theories

Awakening is a Fantasy-Fiction/Historical Fantasy Novel Written By Anna and Produced By Jake.   Why Else would she have a bajillion sisters with the same name, hair, appearance, stats, worth, etc.? (She puts her self in for kicks)  There's also the fact that Shipping is real.  People don't marry that fast!  Plus, Anna is the low-key RNG Goddess, so it only makes sense that she has people live and die by her hand because she writes it that way.  Any reset is just a scraped point in the book that she didn't like. (She's evil this way)  And the DLC?  Fan-fics written by teenagers on fanfic.net.  

I have an altered version of this theory concerning the other games in the series, where I have much more to back it up, but... This thread isn't General FE.

20 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

Awakening is a Fantasy-Fiction/Historical Fantasy Novel Written By Anna and Produced By Jake.   Why Else would she have a bajillion sisters with the same name, hair, appearance, stats, worth, etc.? (She puts her self in for kicks)  There's also the fact that Shipping is real.  People don't marry that fast!  Plus, Anna is the low-key RNG Goddess, so it only makes sense that she has people live and die by her hand because she writes it that way.  Any reset is just a scraped point in the book that she didn't like. (She's evil this way)  And the DLC?  Fan-fics written by teenagers on fanfic.net.  

I have an altered version of this theory concerning the other games in the series, where I have much more to back it up, but... This thread isn't General FE.

That is amazing 

21 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

Good heavens. I always thought either all the Annas were the same person because she's secretly one of the first dragons - probably Anankos' half-sister or something - and therefore has outlived literally everyone in the entire series, or else she has access to the Phantasm Mirror Septima from Azure Striker Gunvolt and all the Annas are just carbon copies of the first Anna, with her memories/personality/Skillset/etc, and the sister thing is just her really not-well-thought-out coverup story for when two copies end up accidentally running into one another, but I like that idea for Awakening better - I may have to add that to my theory now. The first reason is also why she randomly can build Support with Tiki in Awakening - she knew her mother personally or something, and knows that Naga's freaking daughter is CASH MONEY, but I like the second reason better because Gunvolt.

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Good heavens. I always thought either all the Annas were the same person because she's secretly one of the first dragons - probably Anankos' half-sister or something - and therefore has outlived literally everyone in the entire series, or else she has access to the Phantasm Mirror Septima from Azure Striker Gunvolt and all the Annas are just carbon copies of the first Anna, with her memories/personality/Skillset/etc, and the sister thing is just her really not-well-thought-out coverup story for when two copies end up accidentally running into one another, but I like that idea for Awakening better - I may have to add that to my theory now. The first reason is also why she randomly can build Support with Tiki in Awakening - she knew her mother personally or something, and knows that Naga's freaking daughter is CASH MONEY, but I like the second reason better because Gunvolt.

Well, Like I said, if this were general FE, I'd give my biggest supporting points to this theory, of how anna is the Author of a series of historical fiction novels that are Fire Emblem.  I don't see anankos as a good villian or Anna knowing dragons as a solid point.  The first dragons were Narga, Loptr, and 11 others that were of the miracle of Darna in FE 4.  Anna is in that game too, but as a cameo.  In most Games she's a cameo, but I still hold out my theory of anna being an author.  FE 3 and FE 12 are amazing back up for it, but that's for another day.

Everyone hates my theory, although to be fair if you love Sumia and Cynthia I suppose it's a bitter pill to swallow.

The pillar of said theory is that in Cynthia's recruitment chapter, she thinks that the boss character is her "father" (if Sumia married Chrom) and doesn't ask questions about why the man doesn't have the same colour hair as hers (i.e blue hair), or the Mark of Naga on his shoulder or why he's not carrying the Falchion.  To me it seems that Sumia might have cheated on Chrom.  That or he was long dead before Cynthia had any memories of him.

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Everyone hates my theory, although to be fair if you love Sumia and Cynthia I suppose it's a bitter pill to swallow.

The pillar of said theory is that in Cynthia's recruitment chapter, she thinks that the boss character is her "father" (if Sumia married Chrom) and doesn't ask questions about why the man doesn't have the same colour hair as hers (i.e blue hair), or the Mark of Naga on his shoulder or why he's not carrying the Falchion.  To me it seems that Sumia might have cheated on Chrom.  That or he was long dead before Cynthia had any memories of him.

Well, Chrom presumably died before Cynthia was born in the original timeline. Even if not, Cynthia couldn't have been more than an infant, so of course she wouldn't have any clear memories of him. There's still nothing saying Sumia didn't sleep around after Chrom died, though.

My crazy theories involve Walhart and Emmeryn's survival. I've posted them here before, but I'm happy to reiterate.

Walhart says in his supports that his heart has stopped; he's actually dead. I hypothesise that he's actually been reanimated by a dragon (similarly to Lewyn in Genealogy). Presumably it's Duma in this case, or maybe Mila.

I also believe Emmeryn actually died. Her body was then left in Plegia, and was presumably carted off by the Grimleal for some horrible purpose. And what do the Grimleal demonstrably have possession of? The Jugdrali Holy Weapons. And which Jugdrali Holy Weapon is unobtainable in Awakening (besides horribly evil tomes, of course)? Valkyria, which is notably stated to have limitations. I think that Emmeryn was resurrected, but the staff's magic couldn't completely recover her mind due to the manner of her death, thus explaining her state once Chrom finds her.

(I have one more hypothesis, implying M!Robin is likely to be canon, but I think that'd be too controversial to actually post.)

10 hours ago, Lord Tullus said:

Well, Like I said, if this were general FE, I'd give my biggest supporting points to this theory, of how anna is the Author of a series of historical fiction novels that are Fire Emblem.  I don't see anankos as a good villian or Anna knowing dragons as a solid point.  The first dragons were Narga, Loptr, and 11 others that were of the miracle of Darna in FE 4.  Anna is in that game too, but as a cameo.  In most Games she's a cameo, but I still hold out my theory of anna being an author.  FE 3 and FE 12 are amazing back up for it, but that's for another day.

The problem with the term "First Dragons" is that at least half the dragons in all of FE supposedly are one of the first if not the first. I chose Anankos as likely to be related to Anna should she actually secretly be one of if not the only First Dragons because of the Before Awakening DLC - Chrom is willing to admit in Awakening DLC that Jugdral is an actual kingdom, but in his Fates cameo he refers to Hoshido and Nohr as mythical, which would seem more believable if those two kingdoms(and consequently Fates itself) came long before Jugdral and the rest of FE. There is an alternative supported by the Amiibo characters' intro conversations, which is that Hoshido and Nohr are only reachable through Dragon Gates/Veins and are actually in some other dimension compared to the rest of FE, but I find this idea not as likely as FE's been fairly consistent with everything being all in one continuous timeline unlike some game series we won't name. Some people also say that the Hoshidan and Nohrian Royalty having Dragon Blood is a definite proof for Anankos being first, but I find that difficult as only two characters in all of Fates are actually descended from him(not adding names in case anyone hasn't played Revelations or the correct DLC level), meaning there were other Dragons around as well that apparently had nothing better to do than have children with humans because reasons. I like the idea of Anna actually authoring the entire series, though, and I'd love to see your other points some other time in some other thread or in a PM.

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Well, Chrom presumably died before Cynthia was born in the original timeline. Even if not, Cynthia couldn't have been more than an infant, so of course she wouldn't have any clear memories of him. There's still nothing saying Sumia didn't sleep around after Chrom died, though.

My crazy theories involve Walhart and Emmeryn's survival. I've posted them here before, but I'm happy to reiterate.

Walhart says in his supports that his heart has stopped; he's actually dead. I hypothesise that he's actually been reanimated by a dragon (similarly to Lewyn in Genealogy). Presumably it's Duma in this case, or maybe Mila.

I also believe Emmeryn actually died. Her body was then left in Plegia, and was presumably carted off by the Grimleal for some horrible purpose. And what do the Grimleal demonstrably have possession of? The Jugdrali Holy Weapons. And which Jugdrali Holy Weapon is unobtainable in Awakening (besides horribly evil tomes, of course)? Valkyria, which is notably stated to have limitations. I think that Emmeryn was resurrected, but the staff's magic couldn't completely recover her mind due to the manner of her death, thus explaining her state once Chrom finds her.

(I have one more hypothesis, implying M!Robin is likely to be canon, but I think that'd be too controversial to actually post.)

Aw, man, that Emmeryn theory sounds legit. What I want to know is how on earth the Grimleal managed to get hold of all the Jugdrali Holy Weapons, and where one can find other such fancy things - specifically, what happened to the Sword of Seals and Elibe's Divine Weapons?

Oh, my, controversy. By all means, throw it up here - the topic creator said he wants our "Weirdest, Stupidest, Crackiest Theories" so controversy will hardly be an issue in my opinion.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I really like Cynthia (But her father is in my headcanon Stahl) and this was pretty accurate

"One continuous timeline"  I say yes to that, when talking about Archanea/Valencia.  But Fates, Magvel, Elibe, and Telius are not confirmed to be in the same timeline.  If anything, they are just different worlds with their own stories in separate universes, and I prefer to keep it that way.  I don't like it when a series tries to find random bullshit excuses to put everything together in one "Timeline" when there are different stories that take place in different universes and have their own laws, characters, themes, and lore.  The outrealms make me angry because they exist solely for the purpose of tying other FE worlds together (and DLC) when there should be no connection.  If Tellius is connected by time to Archanea, where is the chronological proof, aside from Outrealm shenanigans?  The Dragon's Gate in Elibe's FE 7 worked because it was an integral part of the plot.  It is the only thing that we have real proof of an alternate universe intertwined with another: Possibly Archanea (not specified or confirmed) and Elibe, where Ninian and Nils ended up.  But there are no indications of such happenings in Places like Tellius or Magvel.  Want to know why I hate Piram?  Because he was created for simply fan service.  There is no concrete or believable motives of reason for him being in archanea.  I can say that he's mist and boyd's decendant, because that's believable.  Ike never settled down with anyone except soren.  

Other theories, or rather, Hypotheses, are just made up by fans and made to quell the urge for completion.  Tellius and Magvel should remain in their own worlds outside of fanservice because unless there is real reason to connect them to other series universes, it makes the lore less intriguing because connecting things that were never meant to be connected in the first place, is pure bullshit.  it ruins lore, and makes it a far less believable and interesting world.  It's what kind of happened to Zelda.

1 hour ago, Lord Tullus said:

"One continuous timeline"  I say yes to that, when talking about Archanea/Valencia.  But Fates, Magvel, Elibe, and Telius are not confirmed to be in the same timeline.  If anything, they are just different worlds with their own stories in separate universes, and I prefer to keep it that way.  I don't like it when a series tries to find random bullshit excuses to put everything together in one "Timeline" when there are different stories that take place in different universes and have their own laws, characters, themes, and lore.  The outrealms make me angry because they exist solely for the purpose of tying other FE worlds together (and DLC) when there should be no connection.  If Tellius is connected by time to Archanea, where is the chronological proof, aside from Outrealm shenanigans?  The Dragon's Gate in Elibe's FE 7 worked because it was an integral part of the plot.  It is the only thing that we have real proof of an alternate universe intertwined with another: Possibly Archanea (not specified or confirmed) and Elibe, where Ninian and Nils ended up.  But there are no indications of such happenings in Places like Tellius or Magvel.  Want to know why I hate Piram?  Because he was created for simply fan service.  There is no concrete or believable motives of reason for him being in archanea.  I can say that he's mist and boyd's decendant, because that's believable.  Ike never settled down with anyone except soren.  

Other theories, or rather, Hypotheses, are just made up by fans and made to quell the urge for completion.  Tellius and Magvel should remain in their own worlds outside of fanservice because unless there is real reason to connect them to other series universes, it makes the lore less intriguing because connecting things that were never meant to be connected in the first place, is pure bullshit.  it ruins lore, and makes it a far less believable and interesting world.  It's what kind of happened to Zelda.

Huh, I never realized Priam could be Mist's descendant and still claim his title - after all, Marth was 'descendant' of the hero Anri(who I'd love to see a game dedicated to just for the purposes of better world building, btw) despite Anri supposedly dying alone and childless. Learn new stuff every day! Also, I thought they said he'd been traveling the world looking for strong foes, which seems like a common enough reason for wandering warriors in video games to…well, wander.

Ah, yes, Zelda…I liked the multiple timeline concept because that's actually what usually ends up happening when you start jumping around in time like Link was doing in Ocarina(Killing Ganon and then going back and getting him arrested so that the whole killing him thing would be prevented? Dude what the heck were you think- oh right, he becomes like nine again upon going back, so that would explain the sudden brain fart in logic there), however I started doubting how well-thought the concept was once Toon Link got involved. We're all supposed to just roll with the fact that somehow all of Hyrule devolved from the more realistic(for the N64 Era anyways) Ocarina of Time to…Wind Waker? The legs alone just…no. While we're at it, Four Swords onward is kind of sketchy as well, meaning really only the Twilight Princess timeline manages to not end up being embarrassing for people who want Zelda to be seen as a more serious game a la Metroid, and even then it's still a little off.

Anyways, in the meantime, I'd still love to hear the rest of your major points for the Anna theory. Mind shooting them to me in a PM if you can't add them here?

19 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

By all means, throw it up here

If you insist.

A few assumptions, to begin with. First, information from supports is accurate even if said supports are non-canon. Second, the Future Past DLC gives an accurate picture of what would have happened in the "main" bad future had they not used the time-travel ritual.

Step 1: Morgan's potential siblings remember them, so they are from the same timeline as the other children.

Step 2: Morgan is said to be younger than any of their potential siblings. Since Laurent, at least, was born after Chrom died (from his supports with his dad), Morgan was, too.

Step 3: Morgan remembers being called to by their other parent when they were younger, implying they were raised by said other parent at some time.

Step 4: That brings us to the crux of the argument. If Robin was Morgan's mother, she must have been pregnant when she became Grima. Personally, I don't believe that Grima would care to keep the spawn of his vessel in his new body for nine months, but even if he did, Morgan would never have met their other parent, contradicting that A support. Thus, I have to conclude that Robin left his wife pregnant, and Grima came along later, killed the mother, and then raised Morgan himself while pretending to be Robin (or even not, given how fanatically devoted the Morgans are to Grima in the Future Past).

Furthermore, Morgan's sibling supports imply that they fought together, which doesn't seem likely given Morgan's Grimleal status, so I think it's likely that Robin didn't marry any of the women with associated children. On top of that, Say'ri died during the Valm war in the bad future (so claims Yen'fay), and Flavia and the SpotPass characters didn't join the army before Grima's return, so Morgan's mother is either Anna or Tiki.

Finally (I think), based on the Future Past again, I believe Morgan is actually twins. I think Grima brought one Morgan along as a backup plan - either as a spy or a second vessel for resurrecting the second timeline's Grima. The second Morgan would have been left behind to lead the Risen to ultimate victory in the bad timeline. And this makes me think that Anna is the mother, simply because she's not used to siblings having different names. Since she can't very well name her son "Anna", she got creative. :-p

So there you have it: why I believe M!Robin x Anna is most likely required by canon.

21 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anyways, in the meantime, I'd still love to hear the rest of your major points for the Anna theory. Mind shooting them to me in a PM if you can't add them here?

Sure, no problem.  It'll turn out better than a certain video :dry: