Nintendo Direct Announced for April 12th-- focus on Arms, Splatoon 2, and 3DS

The DanMan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall a disappointing Direct. I had low expectations, but I'd hoped for something FEWarriors related and something related to a MHXX localization.
Instead, we got re-confirmation of DLC for SoV and the failed RPG spinoff almost nobody wanted got localized instead.

Did you guys really expect some big stuff when E3 is in a couple months? I didn't and I thought this Direct was decent. That one Switch game...was was it again? Fate Extella or something? It looks like a Warriors game! I mean, I know it isn't actually one, but the gameplay looks similar. I think it looks pretty cool! I'd like to get it.

Arms is looking cooler too. I thought it'd release in May, not June, but still.

It's a bummer that there wasn't even a tiny bit of Pokemon or FE Warriors, but I still don't get why Corrin got both genders for Amiibo and Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager don't. That's pretty unfair. Still, it's about time those last three Smash characters got released.

I wasn't expecting any FE Warriors. That seems more likely for E3, especially considering its later release date. Most of the stuff shown in this direct is going to be released by E3 or soon after.

Considering what we were told to expect, I wasn't disappointed at all.

Edited by Florete

I did saw the last three DLC fighters (Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta) from the Super Smash Bros. series is getting their alternate outfits added in the amiibo line explains why there's a female Corrin amiibo existed in Echoes, but not only that Cloud and Bayonetta is getting a Cloud outfit from Advent Children and Bayonetta is getting her first outfit from the original game.

Also, I did saw the footage of the DLC maps from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and we are getting the Season Pass that the guy did said that it will contain all the DLC sets in the Season Pass.

Plus, I did saw there a new fighter was announced for ARMS that is called Min Min that she has those Ramen arms and the main character in Ever Oasis is named Crow.

Edited by King Marth 64

Highlights off the top of my head...

Smash Amiibo - Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta get 2 versions (Corrin is male and female while Cloud and Bayonetta have different outfits)
Splatoon 2 - Gets a Horde Mode (I am excited for this if I ever get around to getting a Switch)
Arms - While initially I did not care much for the title, the more I see of it, the more interested I am in it. However, I probably still won't be picking it up.

Other mentions...

Mario Kart 8 - Probably already known, but it goes over Battle Mode and some Online Functionality. If it includes all the DLC from the Wii U pre-packaged, then I'll definitely want to pick this up at some point.
FE: Echoes DLC - Basically this information is already known, but at least we have NA confirmation.
2D Pikmin - Seems interesting, but I probably won't go out of my way to get it. A Pikmin amiibo is also coming out.
There is more information, but either I do not remember it or it did not resonate with me. Otherwise, it was a fairly underwhelming Direct, but I expect the big stuff to happen at E3. Either way, some of the stuff does look interesting, so it is not a complete loss.

A pretty tame direct all things considered. Not that I'm disappointed, I've got no interest in ARMS and haven't played splatoon yet so the announcement left me so uninterested I pretty much ended up watching the direct by accident. So it being tame was to be expected.  

I actually had great fun reading the comment section coming up with all kinds of slurs towards the ARMs announcer. 

2 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Hey guys, at least we can play PayDay 2 anywhere we want now. We can rob a bank in a bank.

(Bank is seeming less and less like a word to me with that sentence :/)

I heard you like robbing banks so I put a bank in your bank so you can rob a bank while you rob a bank.

I'll let myself out...

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you guys really expect some big stuff when E3 is in a couple months? I didn't and I thought this Direct was decent. That one Switch game...was was it again? Fate Extella or something? It looks like a Warriors game! I mean, I know it isn't actually one, but the gameplay looks similar. I think it looks pretty cool! I'd like to get it.

Arms is looking cooler too. I thought it'd release in May, not June, but still.

It's a bummer that there wasn't even a tiny bit of Pokemon or FE Warriors, but I still don't get why Corrin got both genders for Amiibo and Robin, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager don't. That's pretty unfair. Still, it's about time those last three Smash characters got released.

Corrin got it because female Corrin ended up being 10x more popular than male Corrin. They were expecting the obvious, so they went back and did that instead. The surprising thing was Cloud and Bayonetta getting their alts too. Not that I am complaining, I would love to get my hands on AC Cloud and original Cloud.

I agree with the E3 statement though. All this Direct was for was to get some of their other announcements out of the way before the big stuff for E3. That way it leaves E3 with the new Mario game, Zelda BoTW DLC, FE Switch, FE Warriors, Smash Bros Switch, and whatever other big announcements like Overwatch for Switch that has been rumored (if Overwatch gets announced, I so hope the new 3rd party character for Smash will be a Blizzard character)

Edited by Tolvir

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Corrin got it because female Corrin ended up being 10x more popular than male Corrin. They were expecting the obvious, so they went back and did that instead. The surprising thing was Cloud and Bayonetta getting their alts too. Not that I am complaining, I would love to get my hands on AC Cloud and original Cloud.

Then why is there a male Corrin Amiibo? Why not only release female Corrin so each character with two genders only gets one gendered Amiibo? Also, I thought female Robin was more popular than male Robin too, yet the male Robin got the figure.

I think I set expectations a little higher then I should've. Like @Anacybele said, with E3 so close, they aren't really be throwing out any really big stuff. FE stuff included(minus Echoes of course).

Well...at least we finally got those amiibos, and ARMS has pecked my interest more...don't have a Switch yet, but hey...when I get one...maybe I'll pick it up! 

Also, while I have a Wii U(just last year btw), I skipped MK8, kinda happy I did. I have another racing game for the Switch now(along with Not F-Zero 2)! Oh yeah, and Kirby! :3

Overall, this Direct was alright. Expecting the big guns at E3.

Persona maybe? I know, I know...shooting a little too high there...but a man can dream! :Joshua:

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why is there a male Corrin Amiibo? Why not only release female Corrin so each character with two genders only gets one gendered Amiibo? Also, I thought female Robin was more popular than male Robin too, yet the male Robin got the figure.

Because it was likely already in production. It may also be a "send off" in a way for the last batch (technically) for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U. They may go back and release the alts for other amiibos later too. It's not like it is impossible for them to do that. 

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Because it was likely already in production. It may also be a "send off" in a way for the last batch (technically) for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U. They may go back and release the alts for other amiibos later too. It's not like it is impossible for them to do that. 

Ah, yeah, you're probably right. And yeah, I hope so. I'd rather have female Robin than the male one, even though I'm fine with the male.

I saw GameXplain mentioned that there's glimpses of the 4 more not yet revealed fighters (not counting Min Min since she's revealed as the 6th fighter that was introduced in this Direct) were shown in the ARMS footage trailer in this Nintendo Direct that were discovered by users in NeoGAF. There's a green robot fighter, a new female fighter that isn't Ribbon Girl, masked wearing guy with the purple eyes, and another Robot colored Blue that was next to the new female fighter.