Nintendo Direct Announced for April 12th-- focus on Arms, Splatoon 2, and 3DS

The DanMan

Am I the only one who's excited for the new Namco Museum title for the Switch? It's been a good 7 years since the last Namco Museum. This one's got the popular classics like Pac-Man, Galaga, and Dig Dug, plus some lesser known ones like Tower of Druaga, Splatterhouse, Tank Force, Rolling Thun-- bpbtpbtptpbtpb Wait...

T-T-T-Tank Force? TANK FOOOOOOOORCE!!! YES! YES! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! SWEET NAGA HALLELUJAH!! I have waited YEARS for Namco to re-release this game on a home system {it is on Wii Virtual Console... in Japan only! >:(  }

So yay!  Now I've got another reason to get a Switch besides FE Warriors and FE16 (among other things). I'm gonna pick up this game solely for Tank Force. I dunno about you guys, but I am so friggin' happy. This is already the best year ever, and it only keeps getting better. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPG Maker Fes looks like it might just be the shit. People thought SMM was innovative, think of the gems (and steaming piles of crap) that could come out of it. There could even be whole game series that comes out of it. It even has a free add-on e-shop companion game that's free where you can play the titles.

Hmm. Well, while I was hoping for an EOV announcement and it wasn't the most exciting Direct I've seen, I wasn't necessarily disappointed. And they definitely announced some very good things--particularly, an Ever Oasis release date, along with Monster Hunter Stories and the "ultimate version" of Yo-Kai Watch 2 (glad I waited to buy Fleshy Souls). These are games I'm going to at least greatly consider buying.

20 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I saw GameXplain mentioned that there's glimpses of the 4 more not yet revealed fighters (not counting Min Min since she's revealed as the 6th fighter that was introduced in this Direct) were shown in the ARMS footage trailer in this Nintendo Direct that were discovered by users in NeoGAF. There's a green robot fighter, a new female fighter that isn't Ribbon Girl, masked wearing guy with the purple eyes, and another Robot colored Blue that was next to the new female fighter.

Haha, oops! Silly Nintendo for letting these slip! But this is neat, I'm glad there are still yet more fighters in this game that we haven't seen. I'm wanting the game more and more!

Here's hoping to Arms doing well, Nintendo is putting a lot work into it it looks like. That said, I don't care for multiplayer and my reflexes are bad so I'm going to skip in all likelihood. Makes me want another Custom Robo though (closer aesthetically to the GC one than the DS one)- despite me never learning to do anything more than gun spam with mediocre pod and totally inaccurate bomb use.

Ever Oasis has a release date now, a very close one, but does it matter? Looks like Nintendo's realizing it's niche, and aren't spending precious time advertising it. The game is doubly destined to obscurity and to undergo the strange fate of Codename S.T.E.A.M. and end up being cheaper new than used. But as long as the difficulty isn't dreadfully easy, I will probably nab it sooner or later though.