Nintendo Direct Announced for April 12th-- focus on Arms, Splatoon 2, and 3DS

The DanMan

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/nintendo_direct_confirmed_for_12th_april_-_focused_on_splatoon_2_arms_and_more

Welp, this kinda came out of nowhere.
Probably gonna see more English SoV gameplay, and maaaaaybe something of substance for FEWarriors. But I personally don't have too many expectations.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm eager to learn more about Arms but I don't care about Splatoon at all... I wish it was FE Warriors and as Thane mentioned, Virtual Console instead. But I also wouldn't be upset if a big FE Warriors trailer and info dump was saved for E3 instead. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Basic predictions:
-If we see anything FEWarriors related before E3, this'll be it-- the direct encompasses both 3DS and Switch
-Pikmin 3DS and Ever Oasis details are likely (unless the latter got cancelled-- haven't heard anything about it since last E3)
-Atlus has a solid amount of recently announced/released 3DS games that haven't been localized please EOV
-Switch Online and/or Virtual Console
-Something surprising
-And of course, Splatoon 2 and Arms

Edited by The DanMan

I don't have many expectations concerning FE Warriors (since Echoes will drop in a bunch of days I doubt Nintendo will give us something about a other title rather than Echoes) but I'll keep my eyes open for the following :

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

-Atlus has a solid amount of recently announced/released 3DS game that haven't been localized please EOV

Also MHXX and why not a new Custom Robo.

Since we know they're going to talk about all the big stuff at E3 anyway, I think the best news would be that they're done with the Virtual Console and are going to start flooding the Switch with cheap classics. I really want to be able to play some oldies wherever I go.

That said, I believe I heard something in an interview that they still had stuff to sort out in regards to the Virtual Console or something, which worries me. I really feel like that's something which should've been available from the start, and I don't like how quiet and vague they are about it.

For 3DS stuff, I totally think we'll might get to see more content for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as well as SpotPass and DLC + maybe a reveal of the upcoming Corrin amiibo along with Cloud and Bayonetta, revealing more on Ever Oasis & Pikmin 3DS title, and I hope that we'll get the Detective Pikachu & Lady Layton localization.

And for Nintendo Switch content, I think we'll might see more characters for ARMS since we only did saw 5 characters and they haven't revealed any new characters yet after the Presentation, hoping that they'll show off more Fire Emblem Warriors and get a tiny trailer for the upcoming Switch title, putting Virtual Console games for the Switch including the Nintendo GameCube games, and I hope that they'll mentioned about putting more Switch consoles on the stocks in the stores since alot of stores are getting solding out on the Nintendo Switch consoles so fast that I didn't get a chance to get one yet and I didn't get a chance to preorder the Nintendo Switch that I did not realize that they stop taking preorders after January 18th at GameStop back then.

Edited by King Marth 64

Listening to predictions and discussions and people are adamant that there's nothing relating to a pokemon game being announced. And I agree, but the reasoning that they'd wait for E3 doesn't hold water. Pokemon games have never been announced at E3, always before as early as january or as late as May. E3 is the first full trailer and gameplay we see. And then a release in the fall. This is the pattern for gen 6 and 7. Don't mean to get peoples' hopes up, but I'm just saying if there's a pokemon coming in the fall this year, it would be announced around now. 

Anyway, I also hope for info on the Virtual Console launch. They wouldn't save that for E3 either. Not unless they really have nothing to say about it right now.

Edited by Gustavos

19 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Listening to predictions and discussions and people are adamant that there's nothing relating to a pokemon game being announced. And I agree, but the reasoning that they'd wait for E3 doesn't hold water. Pokemon games have never been announced at E3, always before as early as january or as late as May. E3 is the first full trailer and gameplay we see. And then a release in the fall. This is the pattern for gen 6 and 7. Don't mean to get peoples' hopes up, but I'm just saying if there's a pokemon coming in the fall this year, it would be announced around now. 

Anyway, I also hope for info on the Virtual Console launch. They wouldn't save that for E3 either. Not unless they really have nothing to say about it right now.

If I don't get my next Alolan adventure announced tomorrow I'm going to be so angry at you.

And yes, Alolan adventure. I don't care for a Sinnoh remake.

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

About 15 minutes left. Let's hope my old computer doesn't lag on a livestream again.

Generally, it's best to not make the stream full-screen and leave it at 360p; that's been my way to avoid lag.