The "Who's Going To Be In The Next Banner" Thread

Falcom

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Well next month will be the NA release, yeah? So they could do it then to build interest for that or something.

But Japan has full control to decide what to add, do they not? I mean it'd be great if they did it for the NA release but I think they'd rather focus on their country's release date for Echoes rather than ours. I'm basing this off of the fact that Roy and Corrin were both added to smash quite some time their respective games were released in the NA (okay maybe not Binding Blade). Both of them I believed were added to smash right before the JP versions of the games were released.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I would not be surprised to see an Alm vs. Celica gauntlet.

Even if not for next month, it could easily be for June since Echoes will be out everywhere by then. 

My money for winners would be Faye, Alm, or Celica tbh.

probably celica because waifu

Lots of excellent predictions on this thread! I would like to make mine as well but I think this monk would rather stay passive and patiently wait for what's coming up. :^_^:

Spoiler

But... Magvel... where's my Magvel...? I. WANT. MY. MAGVEL.

*Flips Altar*  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

2 hours ago, Sable Argyle said:

My money for winners would be Faye, Alm, or Celica tbh.

probably celica because waifu

I'd rather Celica than Faye. Everything I've heard about the new girl has just put me against her :/ It'd suck to see her win over much nicer sounding characters.

10 hours ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

If they plan to do that then they will want Alm + Celica to be powerful so people who haven't heard of them will like them and then want their game.

Power in a gacha game wouldn't make me want their physical game.  Great art, interest piquing dialogue, and maybe the voice (since I'm not 100% sure if Echoes will be dual audio or not) is what would change my opinion if I wasn't keen on buying it.

9 hours ago, Falcom said:

But Japan has full control to decide what to add, do they not? I mean it'd be great if they did it for the NA release but I think they'd rather focus on their country's release date for Echoes rather than ours. I'm basing this off of the fact that Roy and Corrin were both added to smash quite some time their respective games were released in the NA (okay maybe not Binding Blade). Both of them I believed were added to smash right before the JP versions of the games were released.

While Smash4 was released before Fates was released in the US, Corrin himself was DLC and didn't come out until more than half a year after Fates came out.

34 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Power in a gacha game wouldn't make me want their physical game.  Great art, interest piquing dialogue, and maybe the voice (since I'm not 100% sure if Echoes will be dual audio or not) is what would change my opinion if I wasn't keen on buying it.

Agreed. That's why I'd bet on quantity over quality. It seems wiser to have 8 Echoes characters (let's say Alm banner and Celica banner) with good art and voices, some of which may even be later demoted to 3*~ 4* summons, than just dump an overly powerful banner on us.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I would not be surprised to see an Alm vs. Celica gauntlet.

Even if not for next month, it could easily be for June since Echoes will be out everywhere by then. 

Indeed a gauntlet would be fitting for the release too. I just hope they do it sooner than June ;)
(Even though a Jugdral, Magvel or Tellius banner would be great by now)

Apart from the obvious Valentia banners, I think we will also get a continuation of Sibling Bonds because of the sheer amount of siblings in FE and the fact that we only got one half of the sibling pair in Sanaki.

Sibling bonds had two new sets of siblings, a sibling of an existing character, and a sibling with no correlation at the time. For the brand new pairs Clair and Clive can continue off the Valentia hype, Maybe Delthea and Luthier as well. Sanaki can have her sister whose name I will revoke and we could have some oddball like Dart to round out the set of six.

6 hours ago, GinRei said:

While Smash4 was released before Fates was released in the US, Corrin himself was DLC and didn't come out until more than half a year after Fates came out.

...in Japan. Corrin was released worldwide in Smash on the 3rd of February 2016; Fates came out in the US two weeks later, on the 19th.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Misread the post you were replying to. Please feel free to ignore this. >_<

EDIT: To elaborate, Falcom made the claim that both characters were added to Smash before their games came out in Japan, which isn't true (although Roy was). So you are entirely correct. ^_^

Edited by Seafarer

1 minute ago, Seafarer said:

...in Japan. Corrin was released worldwide in Smash on the 3rd of February 2016; Fates came out in the US two weeks later, on the 19th.

Woops, you're right.  My bad for not double checking and thinking a google result showing the US box art and saying "initial release date" would give me the initial release date for the US version.

22 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

To elaborate, Falcom made the claim that both characters were added to Smash before their games came out in Japan, which isn't true (although Roy was). So you are entirely correct. ^_^

Oh was Corrin added after Fates released in Japan? Whoops. XD
I knew for sure that Fates was released in the US after Corrin in Smash but I messed up thinking that was the Japan release date.

On 2017-04-10 at 3:45 PM, Ice Dragon said:

No, if you pull every orb you get regardless of color, your chance of pulling Hector or Julia is the same. If you pull only green orbs, your chance of pulling Hector or Julia is lower than usual, "usual" defined as any banner with no green units in the focus.

The probability of pulling Hector (or Julia) is 0.073% if you pull every orb you get regardless of color. If you pull only greens, the fact that there are 4 focus characters diluting your pool of green units decreases the probability of pulling every non-focus character, including Hector and Julia.

Oh, my bad, you're correct if you only pull greens. Should have known better than to try to correct you about anything to do with this game! :) That said in the example where Hector/Julia are the only greens, green orbs would almost never show up so you'd be forced to pull a lot of other colours anyway, which is what threw me. In a more realistic situation where green orbs aren't hyper-rare though the way you lay it out is indeed much closer to correct.