The "Who's Going To Be In The Next Banner" Thread

Falcom

With a new update coming around the corner, we should discuss who you think is going to be in this banner. Or want.

First off, I have a theory:
1/2 Month = Theme Focused Banner
1 Month = Theme Focused Banner
2 1/2 Months = Game Focused Banner
2 Months = Special Costumes

My theory is if this update happens to focus on a theme, then it's sorta safe to say that there is a pattern to balance out which units are being released. However, I could also be wrong. After all, this is most likely a big update. So perhaps we can expect 8-12 characters (2 separate banners)?

And even then, who would be those characters? Are we going to see the Gaiden duo in order to further hype up Shadows of Valentia? Or finally see the famed & beloved Radiant Hero?
58ebe30c96829_Sample1.JPG.b903a2f0f3af405a30984f4c79a47dca.JPG58ebe379661f2_Sample2.JPG.41b1496de38292ff36ebcf3e479c5780.JPG

Or maybe you guys have something else in mind? What do you think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh please ignore this double post but if one of the moderators/admins can remove one of my duplicate threads, that'd be nice. Thanks. Apparently there was an error.

Heh you made 2 topics :P

You're also missing the 2 launch banners at the beginning. Maybe "Famous heroes" banner? Unless you don't think that will be in the rotation.

I'm predicting a sacred stones or gaiden banner next

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Heh you made 2 topics :P

You're also missing the 2 launch banners at the beginning. Maybe "Famous heroes" banner? Unless you don't think that will be in the rotation.

I'm predicting a sacred stones or gaiden banner next

I mean there was an error so I thought it didn't post. XD
Yeah I mean there's that. Actually I do want to include that in the rotation for when there is a story update. But for now, I'm not gonna.

And yes! We need Gaiden/Magvel!
If it's Jugdral/Thracia/Tellius, I'll be fine with it.
If it's anything else, I'll be iffy or disappointed.

I'm thinking (hoping) that there will be a Gaiden characters banner, since SoV releases in Japan quite soon. I want more Genealogy or Jugdral characters, perhaps from the first generation, but second is fine too. 

And, of course, I'm hoping that we will get Tellius characters very soon. I'm always excited for the new banners, so hopefully we've got some awesome heroes this time around. 

Edited by Duwang

I expect it to be a Gaiden Banner for at least next Focus, and possible the next two Banners, if they decide to stretch it to cover both the Japanese and World-wide releases.

I've been surprised before, but it would seem like a missed opportunity to plug the new game, if they didn't do some sort of tie-in with SoV for Heroes.  Maybe they'll even do a cross-promotion, and give you some sort of bonus in SoV, if you have a Heroes account.

With Echoes releasing in 9 days, it seems a bit more likely that we'll have one banner in between before we get something Echoes-related.

I personally wouldn't mind Binding Shadows (mounted archer please) followed by Shadows of Valentia. Naming would be fitting, at least.

@Falcom You might want to completely rename the other thread so that it doesn't keep getting replies.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Woops, I didn't realize I was posting in a duplicate thread, so I'll re-post here.

I hope we get both an Echoes banner and one that has Tellius and/or Magvel characters. Echoes is about to release in Japan and the latter two have a combined total of three characters in the game right now...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Woops, I didn't realize I was posting in a duplicate thread, so I'll re-post here.

I hope we get both an Echoes banner and one that has Tellius and/or Magvel characters. Echoes is about to release in Japan and the latter two have a combined total of three characters in the game right now...

Like I said in general,

Seth or riot!

As long as the next banner has a good archer (better than Rebecca constitutes a good archer), or a really good tome user I'm happy. Those are the 2 things I need right now.

whoops, accidentally the dupe, that's what i get for clicking on threads directly through the main forum page

anyway, verbatim from the other thread

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I think Echoes would be the most thematically fitting giving it's coming JP release. I personally like Judgral characters the most overall, but I don't want them to show up yet because I need some time to build up an orb stash. I hope Matilda doesn't show up in the Echoes banner just yet because then I will have to pull again and that is bad for my orb stash

Selfishly, Tellius would be good because there is high demand for it but it's not something I'm super invested in unless there's Titania involved. This would give me a banner I don't feel compelled to pull on so I can actually start saving up for people I do want down the line, but it also would appeal to a lot of other people. Win win?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Falcom You might want to completely rename the other thread so that it doesn't keep getting replies.

Way ahead of you. But I renamed it again to make sure.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Like I said in general,

Seth or riot!

As long as the next banner has a good archer (better than Rebecca constitutes a good archer), or a really good tome user I'm happy. Those are the 2 things I need right now.

Make it Ike, Elincia, Kieran, Marcia, Shinon, and Ranulf and then Seth, Franz, Kyle, Tana, Artur/Lute/Innes, and Joshua and we'll be set here then. Yes, I still have a bias for cav knights and Peg knights. :P

6 minutes ago, Duwang said:

I'm thinking (hoping) that there will be a Gaiden characters banner, since SoV releases in Japan quite soon. I want more Genealogy or Jugdral characters, perhaps from the first generation, but second is fine too. 

And, of course, I'm hoping that we will get Tellius characters very soon. I'm always excited for the new banners, so hopefully we've got some awesome heroes this time around. 

Half my favorite characters are Tellius, so I'd love to get literally anybody from Tellius.  My least favorite's already here, so it's not like I'd be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Echoes releasing in 9 days, it seems a bit more likely that we'll have one banner in between before we get something Echoes-related.

I personally wouldn't mind Binding Shadows followed by Shadows of Valentia. Naming would be fitting, at least.

If the pattern follows, the next banner will likely last until the end of April.  Since Echoes is releasing on the 20th, that would mean the Gaiden banner would be a week and a half after the Japanese launch.  That's not the end of the world, but considering a lot of a game's sales are measured by the first week's performance, one would think they would want to have the promotions ready at launch.  It would also give prospective buyers a few days of advertising before the game goes on sale.

Of course, I've been wrong before, and maybe the want to do a single Banner sandwiched in between the two releases.

We have 3 date ranges that would cover the releases, late April, early May, late May.  I'm guessing at least late April will be Gaiden, with a second one in early May or late May.  I doubt they'd have no Gaiden Banner, and might even have as many as 3, unless they don't want to over-saturate.

If I was a betting woman, I'd say that next Banner would be Gaiden, then something else, then Gaiden again for the World release for late May.

I'll make a bet, if I'm wrong about the next banner being Gaiden, I'll say something nice about Sanaki.  Feel free to remind me, if I forget.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know I'd love me some Tellius.  My current title and avatar are a silly joke about it, but I'm 99% sure the next Banner is Gaiden, maybe we'll get Tellius after that, if they don't want to do 2 Gaiden Banners in a row, but realistically, I think  it will likely be June before we get more Tellius peeps.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I know I'd love me some Tellius.  My current title and avatar are a silly joke about it, but I'm 99% sure the next Banner is Gaiden, maybe we'll get Tellius after that, if they don't want to do 2 Gaiden Banners in a row, but realistically, I think  it will likely be June before we get more Tellius peeps.

Firstly, what about late May? Two Echoes banners will only span through the latter half of April and the first half of May. Second, I can't agree, that's just too long for the game to only have one Tellius character and two Magvel ones.

I'd prefer a Tellius banner be the first half of May so I can get some of them awesome peeps for my birthday, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. :P

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Make it Ike, Elincia, Kieran, Marcia, Shinon, and Ranulf and then Seth, Franz, Kyle, Tana, Artur/Lute/Innes, and Joshua and we'll be set here then. Yes, I still have a bias for cav knights and Peg knights. :P

Oh man Kyle and Forde.

There's so many worthy and likable characters in stones it'll be hard to choose

I JUST REMEMBERED DEUSSEL

Spoiler

*Faints*

32 minutes ago, Falcom said:

My theory is if this update happens to focus on a theme, then it's sorta safe to say that there is a pattern to balance out which units are being released. However, I could also be wrong. After all, this is most likely a big update. So perhaps we can expect 8-12 characters (2 separate banners)?

I get that people want characters to be released faster so they can get their favorites, but that's not how gacha games work.  It's already much faster than many games by releasing an average of 2 new units a week as it is.

As for the math average: February 2nd release date (approximately 67-68 days ago (9.5 weeks), give or take based on time zones).  Not counting those available to summon on release, the game has added 20 new units (4 seasonal uniques).

As such, expecting more than 4-6 new units (pending plot importance and popularity, it seems) on a banner is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Firstly, what about late May? Two Echoes banners will only span through the latter half of April and the first half of May. Second, I can't agree, that's just too long for the game to only have one Tellius character and two Magvel ones.

I'd prefer a Tellius banner be the first half of May so I can get some of them awesome peeps for my birthday, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. :P

This is the first time we've had a new FE game released during Heroes, so we're in uncharted territory.  If I had to guess, we'll get somewhere between one and three Banners, if there are two, they could either be sequential, or with an unrelated one sandwiched in between.  It's anyone's guess what they'll do after or between the Banners, though.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh man Kyle and Forde.

There's so many worthy and likable characters in stones it'll be hard to choose

Hide contents

*Faints*

I forgot Duessel too! Man he's cool. He's a Great Knight too which is one of my favorite classes. And totally not partially because a certain Awakening knight is this class. XD

@Rezzy Yeah, fair point there.

Edited by Anacybele

Yup, pretty much guessing Gaiden, too. 

If it was Magvel, then I really want Seth, Cormag and Joshua in there, although the Christmas Knights wouldn't go amiss (I always love the Christmas Knights <3 ).

If it was Tellius, then I would really love Rhys and Geoffrey (and Reyson, Volug and Nailah if they suddenly decide they can incorporate Laguz). Ahhh, can't wait for these characters ^.^ 

So many I still can't wait for. Much excitement :D

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I get that people want characters to be released faster so they can get their favorites, but that's not how gacha games work.  It's already much faster than many games by releasing an average of 2 new units a week as it is.

As for the math average: February 2nd release date (approximately 67-68 days ago (9.5 weeks), give or take based on time zones).  Not counting those available to summon on release, the game has added 20 new units (4 seasonal uniques).

As such, expecting more than 4-6 new units (pending plot importance and popularity, it seems) on a banner is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I should probably clarify a bit further. I meant to say if there's going to be a story update, then there should be a bit more characters (unless it's only like 1-2 chapters added on). I get that it takes a while for each character to be released but if there's going to be a massive story update and only a few new characters, it would be hard to work with because based on the story so far, it relied a lot on the characters released (unless they completely reuse some of the characters released already for their story). If it's anything else, then I can expect 4-6 characters. I'll try to be a bit more realistic though. And even then, I'm fine if it's 4-6 characters still so long as we get new characters.

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I am dedicating all my orbs to Deussel if he gets released. Only issue is that he'll most likely end up as an axe user. So that's not gonna be easy to pull him. Honestly I realized this game needs a rotational banner for a specific attribute (one banner for red, another for green, etc.)

EDIT: OH CRAP! EXCUSE THE DOUBLE POST AGAIN! XD

Edited by Falcom

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If the pattern follows, the next banner will likely last until the end of April.

It mostly just didn't occur to me that the current banner ends near the end of this week rather than nearer to the maintenance we're getting tomorrow. However, that doesn't change my prediction of one more banner between now and an Echoes banner.

From a marketing perspective, putting an Echoes banner in Heroes a week before the game's release would help bolster the game's visibility, but at the same time it risks a weaker reception in Heroes itself. Putting the Echoes banner in Heroes a week after the game's release wouldn't help its first-week sales, but both the Echoes game and Heroes banner would be high visibility for the entire time.

For Echoes banners in particular, I'd predict one of two possible scenarios:

1. Two concurrent 4-character banners, one featuring Alm and the other featuring Celica.
  2. Two non-concurrent 6-character banners, the first featuring Alm and the second featuring Celica.

Personally, I'm hoping for something that isn't too hard on my wallet.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I am dedicating all my orbs to Deussel if he gets released. Only issue is that he'll most likely end up as an axe user. So that's not gonna be easy to pull him. Honestly I realized this game needs a rotational banner for a specific attribute (one banner for red, another for green, etc.)

You mean a separate banner for a specific color, but it has no new units in it? I'd like something like that too

A Sacred Stones theme would make me cry because I frikin' love Sacred Stones...and also because I have no orbs.

I'm still doubtful that Tellius (or at least Ike) is going to show up unless they confirm next update brings in a bunch of new story stuff, and even then, I would expect Tellius/Ike to share the spotlight with Valentia which is pretty much confirmed for this update or the next one considering it's 10 days until release in Japan. Don't want to miss out on that free advertising.

Also am I the only the only one who wants Natasha. Please tell me no,

9 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I should probably clarify a bit further. I meant to say if there's going to be a story update, then there should be a bit more characters (unless it's only like 1-2 chapters added on). I get that it takes a while for each character to be released but if there's going to be a massive story update and only a few new characters, it would be hard to work with because based on the story so far, it relied a lot on the characters released (unless they completely reuse some of the characters released already for their story). If it's anything else, then I can expect 4-6 characters. I'll try to be a bit more realistic though. And even then, I'm fine if it's 4-6 characters still so long as we get new characters.

I wonder if there will ever be a huge story update at all.  They might just do more Xenologues.  Though I'm surprised we didn't get a new Xenologue for the Gauntlet this month, like we did last time.