What defines "Shorts Weather" for you?

Darros

What is shorts weather for you?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What temperature (C) do you find going outside comfortable in - as a minimum?

• Less than 0
    • 0 to 5 deg
    • 5 to 10 deg
    • 10 to 15 deg
    • 15 to 20 deg
    • 20 to 25 deg
    • 25 to 30 deg
    • Only above 30
    • I do not wear shorts.

I live in the northern interior of BC and since I'm more used to it being really cold anything above 10-12 is shorts weather for me. I stay indoors if it's above 25 because I'm wimp when it comes to high temperatures. Somewhat like people on the Lower Mainland who complain about -5.

33 minutes ago, In The Beginning said:

It's 85F in my room and I don't even have the AC on

And I'm wearing sweatpants

That sounds like me, minus the sweatpants.  I used to keep my thermostat set at 79 degrees in the summer.  Nowadays, my spouse likes it lower, so we settle at 72-73.  I can't do lower than that.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

nah man i actually hate the heat i just also don't like shorts or skirts

i like a good constant temperature of 69.5 degrees 85's way too high if I don't ac that shit I basically can't do shit and also my computer fans go nuts

Just now, Rezzy said:

That sounds like me, minus the sweatpants.  I used to keep my thermostat set at 79 degrees in the summer.  Nowadays, my spouse likes it lower, so we settle at 72-73.  I can't do lower than that.

I've became numb to the 80-90 range...at least while I'm at home, mainly thanks to the constant heat in Georgia (outside of late October through mid March) and the fact that my computer's processor is highly overclocked (more heat, yay)

I don't wear shorts often.

1 minute ago, In The Beginning said:

I've became numb to the 80-90 range...at least while I'm at home, mainly thanks to the constant heat in Georgia (outside of late October through mid March) and the fact that my computer's processor is highly overclocked (more heat, yay)

I don't wear shorts often.

I'm a northerner whose room heat is halfway broken

I got accustomed to living in the room equivalent of a fridge

we only have 3 months that's hot, 2 month of the temperature i like, and 7 between "mildly tolerable cold and "kinda sorta really cold also I'm snowed in"

Edited by Thor Odinson

49 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

nah man i actually hate the heat i just also don't like shorts or skirts

i like a good constant temperature of 69.5 degrees 85's way too high if I don't ac that shit I basically can't do shit and also my computer fans go nuts

69.5 is my perfect temp, just perfect.

As to the original question, I don't wear shorts. If it's cold I want my legs covered to keep them warm and if it's hot I want my legs covered to protect them from the heat. 

i strongly prefer skirts and shorts over pants tbh, even in the winter im more of a skirts gal

the lowest temperature i've worn shorts in is -9 degrees celsius

I was expecting more a Normal curve but these results are neat (if you dont count the -0 or No Shorts options). The sample size is still fairly small so that may explain why it's kind of Off Normal.

18 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Can someone translate this to Fahrenheit?

I literally posted a scale a page back

19 hours ago, Ciarre said:

every weather is shorts weather if you're not a wimp

I wish I lived as dangerously as you tbh

edit: fuck i mixed up my SF members:

claire looks a lot like ciarre

Edited by Darros