What defines "Shorts Weather" for you?

Darros

What is shorts weather for you?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What temperature (C) do you find going outside comfortable in - as a minimum?

• Less than 0
    • 0 to 5 deg
    • 5 to 10 deg
    • 10 to 15 deg
    • 15 to 20 deg
    • 20 to 25 deg
    • 25 to 30 deg
    • Only above 30
    • I do not wear shorts.

Hey everyone, I'm running a short poll out of sheer curiosity (after being told that it's "weird" to wear shorts when it's like 8 degrees outside). I'm kind of interested in seeing what other people consider to be a temperature that they'd wear shorts outside in.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I only know murican measurements

about 60 F

Looks like about 15.

1 minute ago, Darros said:

Looks like about 15.

I find celcus weird, even in our sience classes where we only use metric for measuring, we rarely use celcus for measuring tempratures

2 minutes ago, Kloe said:

miniskirts and dresses are always best to wear in any weather so maybe that's it for shorts too?

While I agree that skirts and dresses are far superior, the winter in the midwest keeps me from wearing them outside for a large chunk of the year.

Grumble, making me do math...

I think 10 degrees is a bit low, but maybe like 12-13 degrees would be okay.  Mid 50's and up for Fahrenheit.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

While I agree that skirts and dresses are far superior, the winter in the midwest keeps me from wearing them outside for a large chunk of the year.

nah i think i would wear skirts/dresses even if it was snowing here. i mean i did do it during december/january of 2014/2015 in new york and seattle

Edited by Kloe

i don't like shorts much but tshirt weather starts at 60-65F for me depending on amount of sun out

so that's 15-18C for an equivalent but I voted I don't wear shorts

Edited by Thor Odinson

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

i don't like shorts much but tshirt weather starts at 60-65F for me depending on amount of sun out

so that's 15-18C for an equivalent but I voted I don't wear shorts

I can't remember the last time I wore shorts outside.  If it's shorts weather, it's skirt weather for me.

Wearing shorts would feel socially awkward where I live. No seriously, if your're male your bottom wear goes down to your ankles out here.

Ok to answer the question, 75+ Fahrenheit seems about right assuming it's not windy.

17 minutes ago, General Horace said:

i hate pants so much I try to wear shorts as much as possible.  As long as it's not snowing i'll probably wear shorts

That's because only clown pants will fit you.

I generally dislike hot weather, so I'll wear shorts when I can get away with it. I actually wore them last Christmas!

tbh I'd probably wear shorts all the time too if I didn't get shit for wearing them (it was 8 yesterday and the JUDGEMENT passed down to me from my mother was something else when I came downstairs in shorts). I fucking love shorts

I'm not even voting cus I don't understand the question. I'm Brazilian. Every weather is shorts weather.
(There's even this new trend nowadays where the groom marries wearing 'formal-ish' shorts)

I'm that person you see comfortably walking around in a short-sleeve t-shirt in the dead of winter surrounded by mountains of snow, so my temperature range extends downward nigh-infinitely.

Howling snowstorms feel like someone's minty-fresh breath to me.

That being said, I don't actually wear shorts very often, but when I do it's with absolutely no regard to the temperature outside, so I feel comfortable selecting the coldest option.

Edited by Anomalocaris

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I can't remember the last time I wore shorts outside.  If it's shorts weather, it's skirt weather for me.

Neither shorts nor skirt fit my aesthetic. Pants only.

If it's too hot I just don't go outside and I blast the AC.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I work on a farm, meaning I'm outdoors in a lot of rather poor weather. Given the added inconveniences of dealing with rain, snow, mud, etc, I usually only switch out to shorts when the days are consistently 60+ (in Fahrenheit).

26 minutes ago, In The Beginning said:

It's 85F in my room and I don't even have the AC on

And I'm wearing sweatpants

nah man i actually hate the heat i just also don't like shorts or skirts

i like a good constant temperature of 69.5 degrees 85's way too high if I don't ac that shit I basically can't do shit and also my computer fans go nuts