Fix Walking Sound Effect

turtleofdoom

I created a male pegasus knight class for a FE7 mod and changed the Mercenary (F) class into a "duplicate" Pegasus Knight class in every way. My problem is that the sound effect that the pegasus knight plays while moving on the map is that of the Cavalier sound effect (sounds likes trotting), when instead I would like it to play the pegasus knight sound effect (flying/wings). Does anyone know how to change this? I saw there was a nightmare module folder for "Walking Sound," but could not find anything in that folder. Does one exist? Any recommendation on how to fix this? 

I applied the walkingSoundHack.ups to a clean ROM of Fire Emblem 7. I noticed that only change in the file was from D70000 through D702A3 and from 6CB08 through 6CB73. I then updated the ROM that I am working on currently with the walking sound fix.

Now my Pegasus knight is playing the walking sound effect (foot soldier) as opposed to the cavalier trotting noise. I still have not managed to achieve the flying sound effect. Please advise if you can.

Hi turtleofdoom, apologies for taking so long to get back to you. The walking sound fix consists of a table at D70000 of pointers to different sounds. The first pointer is for class 0x01, the second for class 0x02, and so on and so forth.

So in this case you would need to first find the pointer for the sound effect of the wings flapping by either looking it up in Sappy, Music.txt (from the Nightmare modules) or by simply copying it from the existing table.

Then you need to grab the class ID of the class you're changing, multiply it by 0x04 and add D70000, which will get you to the pointer that you need to change.

Then you need to write the pointer in little endian (so reversing it).

That should fix the walking sound.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Edited by Agro