Class Trailer

I've never played or really looked into Gaiden, so I recognize some classes from their resemblance to Awakening and Fates models, but others I don't. Has/can someone compile a list of the classes shown in the trailer?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Nimue said:

I found the stream and took some screenshots of Luthier and Kliff as Sages:

Reveal hidden contents

2017-04-11 (2).png

Reveal hidden contents

2017-04-11 (1).png

Reveal hidden contents

2017-04-11 (4).png

Thanks for doing that! You didn't have to, man!

I mean, the design would look 1000x better had they had an opening in the front. I don't know why Hidari gave them dresses. 

2 minutes ago, Vere said:

Wait, we know this much already? I haven't been keeping up with new info apparently lol. Thanks!

It's from the leaked ISO. So... I guess?

Spoilers beware.

Edited by Gennerson

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Was that second to last enemy (the one before the Dracozombie) a Risen?

It's a Majin, the enemy-only variant of the Baron class. I don't believe there's an official English name for the class yet.

Edited by Indifferent

5 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

It's a Majin, the enemy-only variant of the Baron class. I don't believe there's an official English name for the class yet.

Looked well enough like it coulda been a Risen to me... Majins weren't in the original Gaiden, were they?

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Looked well enough like it coulda been a Risen to me... Majins weren't in the original Gaiden, were they?

They were. I'd wonder what instalment they'd have appeared in if they weren't in Gaiden originally- outside of Gaiden, Barons themselves are enemy-exclusives in Jugdral and appear nowhere else. Monsters appear only in Gaiden, Sacred Stones and the 3DS titles- and Sacred Stones is famous for lacking monster armours.

14 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

They were, but (Majin) "まじん" as it was written in the original Gaiden, is spelled in hiragana and there were no real context clues to work on, so the intended meaning of the name was uncertain. The class was simply translated to HiKnight in fan translations of the original. 

It is confirmed to be 魔人 in the remake however which literally means "demon man" or alternatively, magician/sorcerer/conjurer. However those are quite unfitting so i'm curious to know what the name of the class will be in the English version.

Edited by Indifferent

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

They were, but they were literally just enemy-only Barons. No unique design, just recolored Barons.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

8 hours ago, Indifferent said:

They were, but (Majin) "まじん" as it was written in the original Gaiden, is spelled in hiragana and there were no real context clues to work on, so the intended meaning of the name was uncertain. The class was simply translated to HiKnight in fan translations of the original. 

It is confirmed to be 魔人 in the remake however which literally means "demon man" or alternatively, magician/sorcerer/conjurer. However those are quite unfitting so i'm curious to know what the name of the class will be in the English version.

Majin isn't an uncommon Japanese phrase, so it could stay. I think it's "Warlock" in Echoes's internal code, but dunno how suitable that name is.

As you said, Majin literally means a "demon man" (i.e. a man who's on the level of a demon). It sounds a lot cooler in Japanese than in English.

Wasnt big on the Dread Fighter design, it is a step down from Mercenary/Myrmidon for me. Not big on the weird movements for attacks on the Dread Fighter either, I hated the phasing around and weird teleporting stuff on the ninja from Fates. I hate to see it return on the Dread Fighters. Just give me some good swordsmanship, less is more. Otherwise everything else looked really good.

27 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Wasnt big on the Dread Fighter design, it is a step down from Mercenary/Myrmidon for me. Not big on the weird movements for attacks on the Dread Fighter either, I hated the phasing around and weird teleporting stuff on the ninja from Fates. I hate to see it return on the Dread Fighters. Just give me some good swordsmanship, less is more. Otherwise everything else looked really good.

To be fair, Dread Fighters were the original Ninjas : P

They are meant to be flashy and mystical. If you want a traditional swordsman, you want a Swordmaster.

Yeah. Hell, the UNIQUE animations of the Dread Fighter in Awakening were pretty much right from Gaiden. The high jumping in Gaiden could be taken as a flash step of sorts. So it all fits.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

To be fair, Dread Fighters were the original Ninjas : P

They are meant to be flashy and mystical. If you want a traditional swordsman, you want a Swordmaster.

I'm fine with mystical, that is cool. I just don't like the phasing around. I'm just not a fan of it. I am all for flashy animations, but the phasing around isn't my thing I guess. 

1 hour ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Yeah. Hell, the UNIQUE animations of the Dread Fighter in Awakening were pretty much right from Gaiden. The high jumping in Gaiden could be taken as a flash step of sorts. So it all fits.

I liked the Awakening animations, those were cool. I am just not a fan of the phasing around the Dread Fighter is doing here. 

I also dont don't like whatever they weird ornamental piece is on their back. Just a cool cloak would of been fine.

27 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I'm fine with mystical, that is cool. I just don't like the phasing around. I'm just not a fan of it. I am all for flashy animations, but the phasing around isn't my thing I guess.

Fair enough. Not going to argue with tastes ^^

Although I do think the phasing is just a natural evolution of the "blinking" Swordmaster/Assasin frames in the GBA series etc.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:00 AM, Indifferent said:

In what i saw on Youtube they were called High-Knights iirc

31 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Speaking of which, do the other weird class variations like Kelbeths, badess, and Gold(Bow Knight, not Paladin) return?

They were given actual characters now.

Spoiler

4EotU6j.png

Kelbeth

lOZVql0.png

Badess

FN4pbwn.png

Gold

Don't know about Belreth though.

Edited by Azz

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

They were given actual characters now.

Hide contents

4EotU6j.png

Kelbeth

lOZVql0.png

Badess

FN4pbwn.png

Gold

Don't know about Belreth though.

Are those class portraits or are they named characters?

Belreth is pretty much the same as the other class variation, so its alright.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

Are those class portraits or are they named characters?

Belreth is pretty much the same as the other class variation, so its alright.

I'm pretty sure they are named characters since the portraits are found under those names in the dump, I think. I may be completely wrong I'm just going by what is posted and those portraits were put together with the names in the enemy portrait dump.