Next Banner

Sentinel07

24 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Clair also seems to like Alm, judging from her Gaiden ending.

You could put Palla, too alternatively.

Didn't Clair end up with T/Robin or something?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn't Clair end up with T/Robin or something?

Gray actually. To which she openly admits Alm is the one she really liked.

They'll probably brush that up in Echoes.

So, just asking for some clarification here:

How exactly does Faye's Firesweep Bow work? Does it only prevent enemy counterattacks, or can Faye not counter with it either? Can Faye double with it, or does it prevent that?

Faye and Alm are the only units I'm really interested in pulling this banner (Faye for her new bow, Alm because he looks like he'll be good and has a Falchion), which is fine since I'd been wanting to pull Grey for a while (I want Klein/Kagero/Azama/Maria). So, guess I'll be pulling on this banner.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, just asking for some clarification here:

How exactly does Faye's Firesweep Bow work? Does it only prevent enemy counterattacks, or can Faye not counter with it either? Can Faye double with it, or does it prevent that?

Faye and Alm are the only units I'm really interested in pulling this banner (Faye for her new bow, Alm because he looks like he'll be good and has a Falchion), which is fine since I'd been wanting to pull Grey for a while (I want Klein/Kagero/Azama/Maria). So, guess I'll be pulling on this banner.

From what I've gathered: she prevents enemy counterattacks AND it prevents her from counterattacking. I think this was the game's way of trying to implement a pseudo-longbow without having to give a unit 3-range. 

It has no bearing on whether or not she can double, as far as I can tell. 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Firesweep Bow and Windsweep look pretty interesting. I'm assuming both of them completely negate the opponent's counterattack when their effects are active, meaning Weaponbreakers (the double attack part) and Quick Riposte (on the opponent) are rendered completely null.

I don't see them as particularly useful on a defense team besides screwing with players who rely on Quick Riposte for damage output (because it looks like smarter-than-AI dancing is required for optimal performance), but it looks like they can put in a decent amount of work on an offense team with a dancer, assuming they don't have severe inheritance restrictions.

Since I notice a lot of the skills in Heroes come from Fates, and I haven't played Fates, can someone tell me if the Sweep skills are also from Fates? And if so, if they had any relevant class restrictions?

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Firesweep Bow and Windsweep look pretty interesting. I'm assuming both of them completely negate the opponent's counterattack when their effects are active, meaning Weaponbreakers (the double attack part) and Quick Riposte (on the opponent) are rendered completely null.

I don't see them as particularly useful on a defense team besides screwing with players who rely on Quick Riposte for damage output (because it looks like smarter-than-AI dancing is required for optimal performance), but it looks like they can put in a decent amount of work on an offense team with a dancer, assuming they don't have severe inheritance restrictions.

Since I notice a lot of the skills in Heroes come from Fates, and I haven't played Fates, can someone tell me if the Sweep skills are also from Fates? And if so, if they had any relevant class restrictions?

They're not from Fates.

If I had to guess, the Sweeper bow is IS' attempt at implementing a pseudo-longbow weapon without giving a unit 3-range. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

@MaskedAmpharos Ah, thanks, mate. I was hoping it was something like that. Now I really want Faye, if only because her weapon is interesting (and I wonder if any other archer could make good use of it via Inherit Skill, so getting my hands on her would help me figure that out).

Man... Faye looks like a really interesting character. IS loves their Catria wannabes don't they

I'm interested in these new skills that these folks have, though. 

9 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

To be honest, I do think it's out of nowhere. I mean, her options as a cleric, mage, cavalier or Pegasus all seem alright. I don't know why they made her a class she can't even access. I mean, maybe she makes comments that she likes archery or wants to learn it in the game and we don't know since we don't have a full English script, but for now it seems like a very questionable choice. Not as bad as a case as Lucius, but I really wish they'd stop making choices like this. I'd put her more like Raven/Caeda where she has a flat out odd weapon choice. 

Yeah sure, but I said it's not necessarily out of nowhere. (now out of some pit of semi solid weirdness sure. unless it really was a misconception/change on what classes Faye had access too which so far I think is a possibility) With a game like fire emblem there is often reasons to find below the surface.  

I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever quite get why Lucius and Lachesis are put as the prime example of this sort of thing, mechanically they have a better ground than Raven and recent Ceada. (Personally I like going back to the roots though, and I'm glad to have the concept of axe heroes represented, Raven being very low on the list of who I would go with be darned) Is healing (and not solely as such, attacking is represented) really that big of a deal breaker for people? 

13 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever quite get why Lucius and Lachesis are put as the prime example of this sort of thing, mechanically they have a better ground than Raven and recent Ceada.

Because changing a unit from "offensive unit" to "healer" is a more drastic shift of how you use a character than changing their weapon type.

13 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Is healing (and not solely as such, attacking is represented) really that big of a deal breaker for people? 

As the game is currently played, where there is cause to be competitive, healing is very much under-performing.

I feel like the problem with Lucius and Lachesis specifically is that they are both known for there combat ability, not healing. Lucius is a classic glass cannon in fe7, being an outstanding attacker, but having awful HP and defense. Lachesis has not one but two swords that are iconic for her to wield (prayer and earth) and also promotes into the most powerful class in the game. I'd argue the only reason she even has staves is to make her a little easier to level, and she's one of the best gen 1 units. I know we have too many swords, but her not being one was an incredible shame.

Wow, that Alm picture. Green lord is green. I would have preferred Kozaki-style shading on him, to be honest... That hair and eyes are a bit too saturated for my liking at the moment.. But I guess that's what you get when you have multiple artists working. Some art's gonna be more pleasing than others.

Still, excited for this banner. Really wanna pull an Alm, since he looks pretty interesting. A little disappointed we're not seeing Celica this first go round, but I guess they have to save some of the prizes for later.

Gotta say I expected the Ike/Tellius banner up next, considering the leaked voice files from before. But since SoV's release is literally on the horizon in Japan, and not too far behind in America, the SoV banner coming up next makes the most sense.

55 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Oh sure I know the stuff , dosen't mean I'll get it. Good or bad Performance isn't a reason that stands on it's own for me, and not everything about a unit is going to get represented in a game like this. 

Well don't ask questions if you know the answers and won't be satisfied by them.

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Wow, that Alm picture. Green lord is green. I would have preferred Kozaki-style shading on him, to be honest... That hair and eyes are a bit too saturated for my liking at the moment.. But I guess that's what you get when you have multiple artists working. Some art's gonna be more pleasing than others.

Still, excited for this banner. Really wanna pull an Alm, since he looks pretty interesting. A little disappointed we're not seeing Celica this first go round, but I guess they have to save some of the prizes for later.

Gotta say I expected the Ike/Tellius banner up next, considering the leaked voice files from before. But since SoV's release is literally on the horizon in Japan, and not too far behind in America, the SoV banner coming up next makes the most sense.

if by the voice file you mean the one that was in that tweet, that was for the choose your legends version, which will be after summer

so that won't be for a while, though we'll probably get regular ike before that

Just now, unique said:

if by the voice file you mean the one that was in that tweet, that was for the choose your legends version, which will be after summer

so that won't be for a while, though we'll probably get regular ike before that

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

I see, I see. Maybe the Tellius banner with PoR Ike will be released after the SoV banner? I can definitely hope. :^_^:

Those are the only answers, really? Anyway was trying to say I don't understand the scope and it being a dealbreaker in it's own (yeah sucking and performance can be a dealbreaker but then is staffs really the point then, staffs could of and might become OP as could other weapons/roles, isthe reason Xavier shouldn't use bows is because of Mehbecca?) not that I didn't understand it bieng an issue at all. 

Edited by goodperson707

47 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Only want Alm and Lukas. Clair is okay, and Faye does not interest me.

Do we know each characters skills yet? I gather people managed datamine the new skills, but, as far as we know, windsweep could be, like, Clair's, or even Lukas, right? I'm guessing only Firesweep Bow has an obvious owner.

This banner just got a load more interesting. I'm definetely burning some (a lot) orbs.

Judging from the name, Windsweep sounds like the Pegasus Knight Clair's skill.

It has to do with melee weapons too so it seems to fit the flying lancer.

If Lukas gets it, I'll be happily surprised since I want him the most at this stage.

There was this supposedly datamined skillset for Alm and Lukas, but upon a closer look, it seems to be made up.

To start with, their titles differ from what is shown in the trailer. And Alm is shown with Dragon X tree skills instead of Vengeance.

Also, no sign of Clair and Faye's corresponding skillsets.

Tagging @JSND, @GrimmLow, @GaleforceAbuse and @MrSmokestack as forewarning.

Edited by pianime94

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

There was this supposedly datamined skillset for Alm and Lukas, but upon another cursory glance, it seems to be made up.

To start with, their titles differ from what is shown in the trailer. And Alm is shown with Dragon X tree skills instead of Vengeance.

Also, no sign of Clair and Faye's corresponding skillsets.

Tagging @JSND, @GrimmLow, @GaleforceAbuse and @MrSmokestack as forewarning.

Ah. Thanks for the forewarning.