Next Banner

Sentinel07

Just now, Anacybele said:

I can understand why Ike wouldn't get with Elincia as well, but I also feel like it would've been reasonable for him to decide that he loves her more than he hates nobles and their lifestyle. You know, how someone would do something they normally wouldn't because it's for a person they love/care about. But that's just the way I see it.

Yes, yes indeed. <3

That's why I like their potential chemistry. lol

No way, Kieran and Marcia all the way man (I do list them in my sig after all. lol). I even headcanon that Kieran was a reason Marcia decided to join the Royal Knights. Hee hee.

xD I have my otps, but then I like to crack!ship. I'm not into yaoi or yuri, so I come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful pairings. It gets a bit dull to write the same ones again and again lol 

I once saw a really good fic of Geoffrey x Nephenee, and I think it's that that really got me crack pairing and wishing Geoffrey had more supports. 

That being said, for my otp with Elincia, it'll always be Geoffrey. I am the biggest sucker for lady and loyal knight pairings. It's just too adorable :D But he's been crack shipped with all sorts by me so it's all good fun ^.^ 

Man, I hope Geoffrey comes into the game soon. Kent will be along eventually, but Geoffrey should be a fairly big time one considering a fair few chapters in RD are led by him. I will use them to convince myself he will be along sooner or later. All my favourites have no guarantees to be in the game, although they have a good chance. It's hard. At least with Ike, you know he's coming, twice or thrice at least, even if he takes a bit of time to get here. I wish I had the same assurances. So if the next banner happens to be Elibe or Awakening or Fates... Don't be so hard on it. Everyone has their own favourites. I'd love more Elibe until we get Kent! 

...Magvel for Cormag, Seth and Saleh...

Tellius for all those mentioned lol. But my main favourite is Kent and I will eagerly await the day!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

xD I have my otps, but then I like to crack!ship. I'm not into yaoi or yuri, so I come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful pairings. It gets a bit dull to write the same ones again and again lol 

I once saw a really good fic of Geoffrey x Nephenee, and I think it's that that really got me crack pairing and wishing Geoffrey had more supports. 

That being said, for my otp with Elincia, it'll always be Geoffrey. I am the biggest sucker for lady and loyal knight pairings. It's just too adorable :D But he's been crack shipped with all sorts by me so it's all good fun ^.^ 

Man, I hope Geoffrey comes into the game soon. Kent will be along eventually, but Geoffrey should be a fairly big time one considering a fair few chapters in RD are led by him. I will use them to convince myself he will be along sooner or later. All my favourites have no guarantees to be in the game, although they have a good chance. It's hard. At least with Ike, you know he's coming, twice or thrice at least, even if he takes a bit of time to get here. I wish I had the same assurances. So if the next banner happens to be Elibe or Awakening or Fates... Don't be so hard on it. Everyone has their own favourites. I'd love more Elibe until we get Kent! 

...Magvel for Cormag, Seth and Saleh...

Tellius for all those mentioned lol. But my main favourite is Kent and I will eagerly await the day!

I'm not into yaoi or yuri either and don't even ship homosexual pairings unless there are characters specifically said or hinted to be gay (such as Heather).

I'm not into lady and loyal knight pairings though. My reasons seem to somewhat differ depending on the pairing (for Geoffrey and Elincia, it's the foster sibling thing since I myself grew up with step/foster siblings, and for Kent x Lyn, it's just that they bored me as characters and as a pairing), but I'm just not into them. I guess they're generally just too generic for my liking, and imo, pairings like childhood friends and commoner x royal/noble usually get better stories. However, there has been one exception so far and that's Seth x Eirika. Though in their case, there is just no one as notable as Seth to pair Eirika with. She has more of a bond/relationship with him than anyone outside of Ephraim (since he's her brother and all). And they had an amazing A support, I have to admit.

The Magvel peeps I really want are Seth, Kyle, Franz, Tana, and Joshua. I have a thing for cav knights, generally. XD I even married my Robin and Corrin to them in both Awakening and Fates! lol (Freddy and Silas!)

I prefer Sain and he's the only reason I'd want another Elibe banner at any time. <3 ...Well, and Fiora too since I do rather like her and I ship these two as well. :P

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm not into yaoi or yuri either and don't even ship homosexual pairings unless there are characters specifically said or hinted to be gay (such as Heather).

I'm not into lady and loyal knight pairings though. My reasons seem to somewhat differ depending on the pairing (for Geoffrey and Elincia, it's the foster sibling thing since I myself grew up with step/foster siblings, and for Kent x Lyn, it's just that they bored me as characters and as a pairing), but I'm just not into them. I guess they're generally just too generic for my liking, and imo, pairings like childhood friends and commoner x royal/noble usually get better stories. However, there has been one exception so far and that's Seth x Eirika. Though in their case, there is just no one as notable as Seth to pair Eirika with. She has more of a bond/relationship with him than anyone outside of Ephraim (since he's her brother and all). And they had an amazing A support, I have to admit.

The Magvel peeps I really want are Seth, Kyle, Franz, Tana, and Joshua. I have a thing for cav knights, generally. XD I even married my Robin and Corrin to them in both Awakening and Fates! lol (Freddy and Silas!)

I prefer Sain and he's the only reason I'd want another Elibe banner at any time. <3 ...Well, and Fiora too since I do rather like her and I ship these two as well. :P

Eh, different strokes for different folks, as I always say. After all, Ike bores me to tears, whereas I squee over Lyn and Kent ^.^ 

Sain is also a character I much like, and I like Kent's straight man to his more bufoonish attitude. Farina and Kent is another pairing I like. She's desperately trying to convince herself that she doesn't like him and we all know the truth. We all know! 

For me, knights and ladies are the nicer stories. Childhood friends get a bit tedious if you're massively into anime since it's all over the shop there. Commoners and royalty can be pretty much the same as knights and ladies, since one is in a class far below the other. I'm reading a book currently where the fact one is below the other directly makes it even harder, as it can be seen as the one above the station taking advantage of the man underneath her, and that's looked down upon greatly. So it depends how it's done. For me, Kent and Lyn will remain just a sweet, straightforward story, whereas Ike and Elicina... just didn't grab me. Then again, as I said, sucker for knight and lady, so Geoffrey was always going to win for me.

I don't mind with fosters/adopted because they don't share the same blood, so there's no real squick to the incest. I do dislike incest between blood relatives, though -.- The recent thing about Leo and Camilla is being fully ignored by me 'cos it was stupidly unnecessary, added nothing to their character, was barely shown in the game (apparently there's some hints in their Japanese support but thankfully fully taken out for English) and just didn't seem to suit him at all. So yeah, I reckon that was just added for 'shock' factor. Blech. 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Eh, different strokes for different folks, as I always say. After all, Ike bores me to tears, whereas I squee over Lyn and Kent ^.^ 

Sain is also a character I much like, and I like Kent's straight man to his more bufoonish attitude. Farina and Kent is another pairing I like. She's desperately trying to convince herself that she doesn't like him and we all know the truth. We all know! 

For me, knights and ladies are the nicer stories. Childhood friends get a bit tedious if you're massively into anime since it's all over the shop there. Commoners and royalty can be pretty much the same as knights and ladies, since one is in a class far below the other. I'm reading a book currently where the fact one is below the other directly makes it even harder, as it can be seen as the one above the station taking advantage of the man underneath her, and that's looked down upon greatly. So it depends how it's done. For me, Kent and Lyn will remain just a sweet, straightforward story, whereas Ike and Elicina... just didn't grab me. Then again, as I said, sucker for knight and lady, so Geoffrey was always going to win for me.

I don't mind with fosters/adopted because they don't share the same blood, so there's no real squick to the incest. I do dislike incest between blood relatives, though -.- The recent thing about Leo and Camilla is being fully ignored by me 'cos it was stupidly unnecessary, added nothing to their character, was barely shown in the game (apparently there's some hints in their Japanese support but thankfully fully taken out for English) and just didn't seem to suit him at all. So yeah, I reckon that was just added for 'shock' factor. Blech. 

It doesn't matter if they don't share the same blood though, they're still calling one another their brother/sister. I would never marry either of my stepbrothers simply because we're not blood relatives. I was raised with them as if we were, so it's still incest to me emotionally, even if it actually isn't physically.

I do like one-sided Kent x Lyn and one-sided Chrom x female Robin though. lol I normally find unrequited love sad, but those cases were different for me for some reason. Well, I can explain Chrom x female Robin because I find the idea of Chrom falling for the lady who just happens to fall for his knight retainer instead (Frederick) in my headcanon amusing. But Kent and Lyn, I'm not really sure why I have it going on here, I was just fine with throwing it in my Sain x Fiora family/friendship story.

But different strokes for different folks indeed.

I'd love for the next banner to have one of Tormod or Rath, but something tells me that the probability of that happening is 0.000000001%.

As for what I think the next banner will be ... I actually think it's possible for the next banner to not be SoV. The only banner we've had so far in which a "part 2" followed directly after the "part 1" was sibling bonds. And that one was not limited to just one specific game, meaning that you could still cover various games under the same banner. The FE7 banner was the first in which only one game was featured. I expected that to get a part 2, and it didn't. So by that regard, the SoV banner doesn't need "part 2" to follow immediately. I wouldn't mind getting a banner focused on another game. What game that is, I don't really care.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It doesn't matter if they don't share the same blood though, they're still calling one another their brother/sister. I would never marry either of my stepbrothers simply because we're not blood relatives. I was raised with them as if we were, so it's still incest to me emotionally, even if it actually isn't physically.

That actually has a name called the "Westermarck Effect", where most people don't develop feelings and often get repulsed by the idea of sexual attraction to kids they are raised together with, e.i. step-siblings or adopted siblings.  The brain puts more of a deterrence by way of proximity during the formative years over actual genetic similarity.

For some reason, mating with your step-siblings has become a rising trend in fiction, though.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That actually has a name called the "Westermarck Effect", where most people don't develop feelings and often get repulsed by the idea of sexual attraction to kids they are raised together with, e.i. step-siblings or adopted siblings.  The brain puts more of a deterrence by way of proximity during the formative years over actual genetic similarity.

For some reason, mating with your step-siblings has become a rising trend in fiction, though.

I've heard of that, but I thought it was actually the Star Wars Luke/Leia type scenario, where two people who are actually related by blood do end up feeling romantic/sexual attraction to each other because they were not raised together and thus did not have the sibling bond even though genetically, they are siblings. Usually, the two characters do not know they are related until it's a little too late.

An episode of Law & Order: SVU had a case like this too, where a boy and girl who were dating and even had sex and wound up conceiving a kid turned out to be half-siblings. They had no idea of their relation, so when the boy found out (the girl was dead at the time and her seeming rape-murder was the case the detectives were working on), he was so devastated and shocked that he broke into tears and threw up.

But I guess I had a definition or two backwards here...

And wow, what a disgusting trend, imo... But I guess that's why IS thought it was okay for Corrin to be able to marry the royal siblings in Fates. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've heard of that, but I thought it was actually the Star Wars Luke/Leia type scenario, where two people who are actually related by blood do end up feeling romantic/sexual attraction to each other because they were not raised together and thus did not have the sibling bond even though genetically, they are siblings. Usually, the two characters do not know they are related until it's a little too late.

An episode of Law & Order: SVU had a case like this too, where a boy and girl who were dating and even had sex and wound up conceiving a kid turned out to be half-siblings. They had no idea of their relation, so when the boy found out (the girl was dead at the time and her seeming rape-murder was the case the detectives were working on), he was so devastated and shocked that he broke into tears and threw up.

But I guess I had a definition or two backwards here...

And wow, what a disgusting trend, imo... But I guess that's why IS thought it was okay for Corrin to be able to marry the royal siblings in Fates. >_>

It sort of goes along the same theory, but in the Luke/Leia case, it's a lack of Westermarck Effect/Reverse Sexual Imprinting, and is part of the evidence proponents of the idea use to support it, since this sort of hypothesis can't really be tested per traditional scientific rigor.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It sort of goes along the same theory, but in the Luke/Leia case, it's a lack of Westermarck Effect/Reverse Sexual Imprinting, and is part of the evidence proponents of the idea use to support it, since this sort of hypothesis can't really be tested per traditional scientific rigor.

Hm, okay then. Well, I guess I would be evidence of the Westermarck Effect being a thing.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Incest emlblem returns for a part 2

I think we're at least at part 3 by now.

You've got FE4, possibly FE8, and Fates.

They may save the Celica banner for the international release of Echoes since it's 25 days away. Ample time to squeeze in two new banners and not leave the international release with no Heroes fanfare.

Personally, I'd like another thematic banner like Sibling Bonds. Maybe units with known rivalries or something? Like Arlen (Merric, green mage if only for Excalibur, Blue mage if not), Kieran (Oscar, axe Cav), Karla (Bartre, Sword), and Innes (Ephraim, Bow).

Edited by Sonic Boom

56 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think we're at least at part 3 by now.

You've got FE4, possibly FE8, and Fates.

There were hints in FE6 (Clarine towards Klein), FE7 (Priscilla towards Raven), and I'm pretty sure there were shenanigans to pull in Awakening.

So this trope is in the series and it's here to stay.

I seriously never saw anything between Ephraim and Eirika outside of fanworks before Heroes.  Was it a thing that was in the Japanese version but got phased out during localization of Sacred Stones?

Does anyone else think we need more greens for the next banner? I feel like they've gotten the short end of the stick with the amount of new characters for them and just because they have a much lesser amount compared to Blue and Red. We've only gotten 3, I believe, those being Julia, Spring Camilla, and Spring Chrom. But, to be fair we got 3 greens for GHB. I'm not saying that the ones we have are bad, but that we just need more. Also, this is probably just me, but there is a VERY big gap in popularity between the greens. Either you're super happy with your Hector pull or you're disappointed with your 7th Bartre. You can probably say this with about every color, but I would like more three-four stars I can be happy about pulling.

I feel like they need to lessen the amount of blues for the next banner because I have wayyy to many blue 5*s compared to my others. Same with Red but I think it's to a lesser degree.

Also regarding the "incest" emblem everyone is talking about, is this actually all implied? I don't see what's wrong with adoring a sibling whom you look up to. I'm assuming everyone's just joking though.

Based on the quests' time remaining, I'm thinking we'll get Celica's side after the 26th since the Whitewings' quest board has 13 days left as of now.

Otherwise, I'm down for a Greil Mercs banner. I'd anticipate Ike, Mist, Boyd, Titania, Soren, and Mia rounding out the roster (no Elincia since she's just a client). It'd also throw three more greens into the game (I expect Soren to be a green mage cuz wind), especially axe greens.

5 minutes ago, The Geek said:

I seriously never saw anything between Ephraim and Eirika outside of fanworks before Heroes.  Was it a thing that was in the Japanese version but got phased out during localization of Sacred Stones?

Ephraim starts stroking Eirika's face in the middle of the battlefield in their C support and Eirika's only objection is the location/timing, not the fact he's doing that.

Their weapons are named after incestious gods.

Multiple would-be love interests for Eirika talk about how they know they have to try to compare to Ephraim in her eyes... while specifically talking about being in love with her. Not "get his approval" but "prove myself to be better than him"... aka they see him as a love rival.

It's been a thing since their original game. Its a thing in FE in general. Heroes just took it and ran with it for the memes/simplistic method of characterization for a mobile game with loads of characters with few lines. 

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

Also regarding the "incest" emblem everyone is talking about, is this actually all implied? I don't see what's wrong with adoring a sibling whom you look up to. I'm assuming everyone's just joking though.

I honestly think people exaggerate when they refer to the close siblings relationships as incestual or when they call the relationships between step/foster siblings in FE disgusting or stuff like that, but hey, that's just me. The only time there's legit incest is in FE4 with Arvis and Deirdre, but it's done for plot reasons and it's executed well. I do like Geoffrey x Elincia and Sothe x Micaiah, despite all the "Brother and Sister" mentions they get. I don't even MIND Corrin x Siblings or Corrin x Azura (even though I agree they're terribly executed in terms of actual writing). Heck, I think it's hilarious how Leif proposes to Nanna at the end of FE5 by basically saying "Hey Nanna, remember when you and I were raised as brother and sister? Well, will you marry me?"

But then again I was raised on Latin American Telenovelas which probably helped on making me comprehend this stuff at a younger age.

On topic, I have a hunch that next banner won't be SoV, but the one after the next one will so it matches with the Western release of the game. I'm hoping for a Tellius banner with Micaiah on it, or maybe a Magvel banner. I think we're long overdue something from these games.

42 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Does anyone else think we need more greens for the next banner? I feel like they've gotten the short end of the stick with the amount of new characters for them and just because they have a much lesser amount compared to Blue and Red. We've only gotten 3, I believe, those being Julia, Spring Camilla, and Spring Chrom. But, to be fair we got 3 greens for GHB.

Yeah, greens in general kind of get the shaft, especially because the vast majority of lords in the series (and the most popular characters) are red swords. Axes are already fairly rare on the player side, so it's not surprising there are so few of those. Getting more pullable greens (and ones with good stats and skills) would definitely be welcome.

It's really hard not to roll my eyes whenever anything in-game even hints at incest. I can only imagine it's just a dumb Genealogy meme at IS that refuses to die. Even "close like siblings" that end up romantic like Sothe and Micaiah. Worse yet when they throw in the "I have to protect you" bit, which is always terrible outside those few situations where someone's legitimately defenseless. Barf.

Anyway, excite for new banner day as usual. Preview would be nice but I'll just save orbs regardless. Sorry Lukas.

Woah PoR.

Surprisingly, I'm not sure if I feel inclined to pull for anyone here. But I'll probably pull anyway just because it's a new banner.

Was not expecting that at all. I guess the Ike fans are finally happy.

Ike's skills look broken as fuck. His A skill basically fixes all of Aether's problems, and has distant counter built in. The other 3 don't look nearly as broken, thankfully.

Edited by Korath88