Japanese Site Update 12th April (DLC + More Profiles)

Website here

New character profiles include Python, Zeke, Masked Knight, Judah and Mila. Will translate them in a bit.

DLC details!

Four sets in total. Sets 1 to 3 can be purchased in a bundle for 4,800 Yen. There will be a special Echoes-themed pre-paid 5,000 Yen eShop card that covers this amount.

Set 1 launches with the game. Contains 3 maps (Item-grinding, Money-grinding and Exp-grinding). These *may* be the ones included in the special editions (this bit is speculation). Maps cost 400/300/300 Yen.

Set 2 features 3 maps that make it easier to progress through mid/late-game.

Set 3 features 10 maps that focus on making characters stronger and 4 story maps that occur before the beginning of the game.

Sets 2 and 3 will launch before the end of 30th June.

There will also be a Set 4 that features 2 types of crossover with the Fire Emblem Cipher card game.

Finally, there is free DLC as well. First one gives a pair of Boots.

(Will provide detailed translations later)

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Oh look the x grind maps are back.... hooray (I'm not being sarcastic, at this point, this is expected).

Hehe, I know right? At this point, I'm assuming there's a strong audience for these type of maps. Maybe some people are too busy to grind in the normal game.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

So no new classes the? Looks like the only interesting stuff is the story maps.

That would fall under making your characters stronger ; )

That said, I dunno if there will be any. Echoes does have an abnormal amount of padded data.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

That would fall under making your characters stronger ; )

That said, I dunno if there will be any. Echoes does have an abnormal amount of padded data.

I think they'd mention it, most likely they'll just have the villager reclass item thats already been datamined.

It'd be nice if they made Barons a good class rather then a meh class stuck with 4 movement.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

I think they'd mention it, most likely they'll just have the villager reclass item thats already been datamined.

It'd be nice if they made Barons a good class rather then a meh class stuck with 4 movement.

Well you do get a free pair of boots with the DLC so there's that to make Baron's better.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You assume too much. It's literally super brief bullet points right now : P

Good point about the Villager's Fork though. Would be a perfect opportunity to release it.

Hehe, you have a pair of Boots to fix that, kinda of.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Well you do get a free pair of boots with the DLC so there's that to make Baron's better.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

You assume too much. It's literally super brief bullet points right now : P

Good point about the Villager's Fork though. Would be a perfect opportunity to release it.

Hehe, you have a pair of Boots to fix that, kinda of.

Answering both as one, the thing is why use boots to get a Baron with 6 movement, when you can get a dread fighter with 8 movement or a Gold/Bow/Falco Knight with 9 movement?

Basically its not going to help.

What would've helped is making warp available to more characters or giving Barons a more useful skill. 

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I just want to reiterate how thrilled I am that Hidari didn't give Python a pompadour.

And I'm mildly disappointed that the DLC is just grinding. The most worthwhile DLC maps, in my opinion, were the ones with new classes. You never know though. Some of those rewards are vague. And there could always be a Season 2...

I wonder if the story maps will focus on Alm and Celica as kids, or something else. Maybe how the Archanea characters got to Valentia?

And they seem to be sticking with the "no Anna" thing, what with this DLC merchant dressing a lot like her (in merchant garb, with the big pack), and even has red hair to boot.

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed the story maps occur before the game even begins, but maybe they'll offer some coold worldbuilding or something - I mean, unless they feel like reusing the baby villager portraits again and make maps based on that.

Crossover with Cipher, huh? I don't play it, but it sounds interesting. I wonder what kind of crossover it'll be...

I wonder if the west will get the Cipher DLC considering we don't have Cipher.

Also Sonya's art. I love it.

oh boy more hilariously overpriced maps with no worth beyond trivializing the game, my favorite

i wonder if we'll even get all of it this time after what happened with fates

I'm interested in seeing how the Cipher crossover works, and naturally whether or not it gets localized. I'm also interested in what the story maps might add. I'm just hoping the rest of Set 3 isn't "recruit all of these dead people who survived their incredibly gruesome fates" like Awakening's spotpass maps (except even worse since those were at least free), and that we might at least get a couple neat DLC classes out of it, since historically those have been pretty neat.

I'm also lowkey hoping for Shizas.

Edited by Iridium

4 minutes ago, Iridium said:

oh boy more hilariously overpriced maps with no worth beyond trivializing the game, my favorite

I'm interested in seeing how the Cipher crossover works, and naturally whether or not it gets localized. I'm also interested in what the story maps might add. I'm just hoping the rest of Set 3 isn't "recruit all of these dead people who survived their incredibly gruesome fates" like Awakening's spotpass maps (except even worse since those were at least free), and that we might at least get a couple neat DLC classes out of it, since historically those have been pretty neat.

I'm also lowkey hoping for Shizas.

We're probably never seeing Shizas again :(

1 hour ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

And I'm mildly disappointed that the DLC is just grinding. The most worthwhile DLC maps, in my opinion, were the ones with new classes. You never know though. Some of those rewards are vague. And there could always be a Season 2...

I wonder if the story maps will focus on Alm and Celica as kids, or something else. Maybe how the Archanea characters got to Valentia?

And they seem to be sticking with the "no Anna" thing, what with this DLC merchant dressing a lot like her (in merchant garb, with the big pack), and even has red hair to boot.

Oops, I wasn't very clear, but sets are seasons. So Seasons 1-4 have already been announced.

That Merchant appears in the gold-grinding map; he's not the Dragon's Gate guide.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Answering both as one, the thing is why use boots to get a Baron with 6 movement, when you can get a dread fighter with 8 movement or a Gold/Bow/Falco Knight with 9 movement?

Basically its not going to help.

What would've helped is making warp available to more characters or giving Barons a more useful skill. 

5 Movement, right? But fair point : P

37 minutes ago, Iridium said:

None of these seem as big as the Scramble maps in Awakening/Fates, so hopefully. I would love to see the return of Scramble maps though, but those must have take a lot of time to develop.

36 minutes ago, GAIDENBRO said:

We're probably never seeing Shizas again :(

He'll always live on in our hearts! Stand tall soldier, forever guarding the borders of Heaven and Hell.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

5 Movement, right? But fair point : P

Armors could've gotten normal movement just this once. Or at least Pavise or a halve magic ability.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

He'll always live on in our hearts! Stand tall soldier, forever guarding the borders of Heaven and Hell.

Armors could've gotten normal movement just this once. Or at least Pavise or a halve magic ability.

Barons passively halve bow damage, so that's something.

If the fourth set of DLC is a Cipher crossover does that mean there's hope the rest of the world will get it? If that dlc makes it out of Japan anyway.

7 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

If the fourth set of DLC is a Cipher crossover does that mean there's hope the rest of the world will get it? If that dlc makes it out of Japan anyway.

It's more likely we just won't get it. Cipher at this point is kind ofa huge investment to bring over, what with its like 8 sets and we ddin't even get Minerva back when Fates launched. 

I kind of suspect, judging from the road map for all this, that the scramble maps didn't sell that well in Fates. Maybe that's part of the reason, alongside the huge translation effort, america didn't get them. 
I am really fascinated what the ten (TEN!!) maps for "making your units stronger" could possibly be about. Maybe it's just a dungeon and they're listing it as ~ten maps~ to help buff the count.