Japanese Site Update 12th April (DLC + More Profiles)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, r_n said:

I am really fascinated what the ten (TEN!!) maps for "making your units stronger" could possibly be about. Maybe it's just a dungeon and they're listing it as ~ten maps~ to help buff the count.

I imagine they will include the following:

The Villager's Fork for infinite reclass

Stat-boosters ala Royal Royale.

New skills.

New classes, maybe? We can dream.

They wouldn't needlessly pad out the DLC. This isn't Awakening XD

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I imagine they will include the following:

The Villager's Fork for infinite reclass

Stat-boosters ala Royal Royale.

New skills.

New classes, maybe? We can dream.

They wouldn't needlessly pad out the DLC. This isn't Awakening XD

I don't know, it's just, 10 maps at once is a lot. Especially since it's 10 alongside 4 prologue maps

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I don't know, it's just, 10 maps at once is a lot. Especially since it's 10 alongside 4 prologue maps

They'll be released steadily until 30th June, so it won't be all dropped on us at once ^^

Hopefully the Cipher DLC will be sold outside of Japan as well. You know, if only for the sake of selling more copies of said DLC.

Also, Shade, Emma, Yuzu and Lando actually appearing in a Fire Emblem video game. Hot dang. How long until they get added to Heroes? Speaking of, this would be all the more reason to sell the DLC outside of Japan. Heroes cross promotes SoV and then SoV cross promotes SoV at a later date. And naturally both cross promote Cipher within Japan.

Additionally, I figure that at least one of those four pre-main story DLC will feature a map dealing with Est's kidnapping by Grieth's men. Maybe we'll get to see some Archanean characters? On at least one of these maps, surely? Marth, Minerva and maybe Abel sounds about right.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

1 hour ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Shade, Emma, Yuzu and Lando actually appearing in a Fire Emblem video game. Hot dang.

Wait, they're in SOV? Where did you see this?

Oops, just fixed a typo that somebody helpfully pointed out. Should be "Sets 1 to 3", not "Sets 1 and 3". So the 4,800 bundle includes the first 3 sets.

I assume it was obvious ^^;;;

I'm kind of curious why Series 4 is left out. Is it because it's not coming out in the West?

2 hours ago, escotanner said:

Wait, they're in SOV? Where did you see this?

To clarify what Pika said, it has been stated that there will be a crossover with Cipher in one of the DLC. In other words, a crossover with a trading card game is going to be featured as DLC for a SRPG video game. Now what is the most sensible way of doing something like this? My answer would be to have the original characters who have so far only appeared as part of the card game appear as playable units that you can use in the SRPG gameplay. And there's only four such original characters for now so it's not like something like this would be difficult to implement.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

I hope that they added the Swordmaster class, the other returning, and new DLC classes, returning/new skills, returning/new items, and possibly add new DLC characters similar to like Anna from Fates that I totally think the reason why they probably added 5 new characters (Faye, Masked Knight, Berkut, Fernando, and Rinean) that they probably don't wanted to fill up too much on the whole cartilage for the whole in-game data. And I kinda wondered if we can get that similar content that we saw that April Fools joke from the Japanese website that featured Valbar, Leon, and Kamui.

Edited by King Marth 64

35 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I hope that they added the Swordmaster class, the other returning, and new DLC classes, returning/new skills, returning/new items, and possibly add new DLC characters similar to like Anna from Fates that I totally think the reason why they probably added 5 new characters (Faye, Masked Knight, Berkut, Fernando, and Rinean) that they probably don't wanted to fill up too much on the whole cartilage for the whole in-game data. And I kinda wondered if we can get that similar content that we saw that April Fools joke from the Japanese website that featured Valbar, Leon, and Kamui.

Cart space is really likely not an issue, especially at this point in the 3ds' life.

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Barons passively halve bow damage, so that's something.

Enemy archers don't seem powerful to make it worth it.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm not sure, we already have Dread Fighter, I'd prefer Halberdier or Dread Fighter.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Enemy archers don't seem powerful to make it worth it.

I'm not sure, we already have Dread Fighter, I'd prefer Halberdier or Dread Fighter.

Well, Dread Fighters were already third tiers for the Mercenary Class and they did returned as DLC for Awakening and Fates. I possibly think we might get one of the returning classes from previous games (including one of the classes from Awakening and Fates since they did brought back Dark Fliers (Dark Falcons) in Fates) and new classes that weren't included in the ingame data.

DLC has just been announced for the west (source: Nintendo Direct) and we're getting a Season Pass too, along with individual packs. In addition to what we already know, they claimed we will be getting some backstory for some characters (maybe some sort of scramble maps with special convos?). Also confirmed new dungeons.

Spoiler

DLC.thumb.png.c6bd7f4f75015ed0b24d182428e35b69.png

Edited by Pikappa93

I did saw the Nintendo Direct footage looks like Celica was stabbing a Revenant with those Seraphim feathers, I wondered that could be one of the DLC skills since we did saw Celica usually jumps and attacks with her sword in the original game and the trailers in Echoes, I am not completely sure that's DLC related or not?

I don't see any DLC classes shown yet, I kinda wondered if they'll reveal it in those DLC trailers or the official website? I did seen there's like there's three DLC maps shown, new item called Silver Purse+, and some of the contents are going to be free and some of them are paid.

Edited by King Marth 64

21 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did saw the Nintendo Direct footage looks like Celica was stabbing a Revenant with those Seraphim feathers, I wondered that could be one of the DLC skills since we did saw Celica usually jumps and attacks with her sword in the original game and the trailers in Echoes, I am not completely sure that's DLC related or not?

I don't see any DLC classes shown yet, I kinda wondered if they'll reveal it in those DLC trailers or the official website? I did seen there's like there's three DLC maps shown, new item called Silver Purse+, and some of the contents are going to be free and some of them are paid.

She was using the blessed sword. A lot of the characters have several animations that they use when fighting. She usually only does the jump attack when getting a crit, or finishing an enemy off. It's not guaranteed though.

Edited by Indifferent

Well, Dread Fighters were already third tiers for the Mercenary Class and they did returned as DLC for Awakening and Fates. I possibly think we might get one of the returning classes from previous games (including one of the classes from Awakening and Fates since they did brought back Dark Fliers (Dark Falcons) in Fates) and new classes that weren't included in the ingame data.

Dread Fighter already fills the role of "Speedy sword fighter" is what I mean.

We should get a class with a new role.

Yeah Swordmaster would probably be the absolute worst class they could add. Just about anything else would add more to the game; Swordmasters are just Dread Fighters with less Res.

Even something like General could have another weapon. 

Edited by Iridium

19 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Dread Fighter already fills the role of "Speedy sword fighter" is what I mean.

We should get a class with a new role.

Agreed. I think some hybrid classes would be good to see personally. Ones that use multiple weapons, like sword and lance or lance and magic. I would also love to see Halberdier come back and some kind of on foot replacement for Bow Knight, like Marksman. Maybe trade the extra movement of Bow Knight for better damage and accuracy. Also some kind of magic using class would be nice. 

I saw someone mention DLC dungeons, is that true? I really hope so. Dungeons are the biggest thing I am excited for with Echoes, and I would love DLC dungeons. 

Edited by Tolvir

13 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I saw someone mention DLC dungeons, is that true? I really hope so. Dungeons are the biggest thing I am excited for with Echoes, and I would love DLC dungeons. 

The Nintendo Direct announcer did said there's dungeon exploring in one of the DLC maps. I kinda think about it, I wondered if there's going to be any DLC exclusive items in one of those chests that wasn't obtainable in the main game?

2 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

DLC has just been announced for the west (source: Nintendo Direct) and we're getting a Season Pass too, along with individual packs. In addition to what we already know, they claimed we will be getting some backstory for some characters (maybe some sort of scramble maps with special convos?). Also confirmed new dungeons.

Reveal hidden contents

DLC.thumb.png.c6bd7f4f75015ed0b24d182428e35b69.png

It's a good thing they're adding maps to flesh out character backstories. The supports are, while most are great, are short and don't give a lot of information although it is voice acted and must've cost a fortune. I hope everyone gets a chance to shine.

The Nintendo Direct announcer did said there's dungeon exploring in one of the DLC maps. I kinda think about it, I wondered if there's going to be any DLC exclusive items in one of those chests that wasn't obtainable in the main game?

Good, I hope they really play on SoV's dungeon exploration for DLC. It's definitely going to be the part I enjoy the most. 

That would be interesting. I think one of the "strengthening characters" DLC could easily be a dungeon full of items to find.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Good, I hope they really play on SoV's dungeon exploration for DLC. It's definitely going to be the part I enjoy the most. 

That would be interesting. I think one of the "strengthening characters" DLC could easily be a dungeon full of items to find.

The only thing I'm interested in the strengthening characters DLC is making max stat Nomah and Mycen.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

14 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That Merchant appears in the gold-grinding map; he's not the Dragon's Gate guide.

And here I am not being that clear either. I meant that if they needed a merchant with red hair, they could've just used Anna who's kind of the DLC mascot.

Anyway, it seems I stand corrected on the story maps. After the Direct, it appears that it's not just Alm, Celica and the villagers as kids which was my initial assumption (they had a clip of Python talking to Forsythe about Lukas and mentioned that we might be able to learn something about characters' backstories, so I assume that's what those are).

And now that I think about it, extra dungeons might not be all that bad if they end up new and different enough. My main concern is that they'd just end up feeling generic.

The only thing I'm interested in the strengthening characters DLC is making max stat Nomah and Mycen.

Here, here.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge