Japanese Site Update 12th April (DLC + More Profiles)

I think I'm going to buy all the DLC for this game. I bought almost all of Fate's DLC and had a blast with those maps and this DLC for this game looks even better thanks to additional dungeons. The new maps the developers showed off in the trailer look really nice as well, especially compared to the somewhat bland (though still enjoyable) standard Gaiden Maps.

Looking forward to the weapons and Gold DLC the most. I spent hours upon hours playing Fate's Museum Melee on conquest because obtaining free weapons was so rewarding, and I think I'll even even more fun on these weapons Maps due to the new forging system. I'm just praying that the developers make it so that you do not earn EXP from the Gold and Weapons DLC like in Conquest, since that would make the EXP Map completely useless.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Nintendo has finally jumped on the Season Pass bandwagon. Why is it that they only "modernize" themselves in the worst possible manner? <- I sincerely hope I misunderstood something here. Please, let it be so!

But on to something positive: there is no character I dislike so far. I hope it stays that way when I play the game myself in a month or so.

And from what I've seen, this seems to be the EO / VFD / SMT X Fire Emblem crossover I was waiting for (minus EO's and VFD's character creation and SMT's monster collecting, obviously). So that's a plus if I've ever seen one.

I'm cautiously looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So... Nintendo has finally jumped on the Season Pass bandwagon. Why is it that they only "modernize" themselves in the worst possible manner? <- I sincerely hope I misunderstood something here. Please, let it be so!

But on to something positive: there is no character I dislike so far. I hope it stays that way when I play the game myself in a month or so.

And from what I've seen, this seems to be the EO / VFD / SMT X Fire Emblem crossover I was waiting for (minus EO's and VFD's character creation and SMT's monster collecting, obviously). So that's a plus if I've ever seen one.

I'm cautiously looking forward to it.

Wasn't it the same with Fates though? Unless I'm missing something...

42 minutes ago, Cat Villager said:

Wonder if they'll do their usual popularity poll and another set of DLC maps later. Probably not because I don't see them focusing on Echoes for so long.

There's gonna be a popularity poll-- I don't see why they wouldn't do it. IS loves that poll data.

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm not seeing the issue here? They've outlined exactly what will be in the season pass. All this is doing is let you buy it all up front before it's out (ideally for a discount, but we'll see). There's 20 maps (not counting the cipher crossover), if people want to buy the full thing now, let them? This is standard nintendo fair for a while now. Mario Kart 8 did it, that 3ds mario golf game did it, Breath of the Wild is doing it and I'm sure there's other examples. Smash didn't do it but they probably didn't have a road map planned.

And the only different between Fates/Awakening and this is that those two games just bundled related maps together rather than a "buy it _all_ now" bundle. And that will probably still be an option here, i imagine.

Nice.
Kind of dissapointed there's not dlc classes, but eh that's Gaiden.
Wonder if I'll be able to grind a Falchion or a Ragnell ? :p

12 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Nice.

There seems to be a villager item though, thus allowing you to turn your Barons into Gold Knights or Mathilda to FalcoKnight.

3 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Nice.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be DLC classes in the game. I think they'll might announce the first DLC class when either Set 1 or 2 will be announced if there going to be showing the DLC trailers or show more info for each set.

6 hours ago, r_n said:

I'm not seeing the issue here? They've outlined exactly what will be in the season pass. All this is doing is let you buy it all up front before it's out (ideally for a discount, but we'll see). There's 20 maps (not counting the cipher crossover), if people want to buy the full thing now, let them? This is standard nintendo fair for a while now. Mario Kart 8 did it, that 3ds mario golf game did it, Breath of the Wild is doing it and I'm sure there's other examples. Smash didn't do it but they probably didn't have a road map planned.

And the only different between Fates/Awakening and this is that those two games just bundled related maps together rather than a "buy it _all_ now" bundle. And that will probably still be an option here, i imagine.

I see, then it really was a misconception on my part. What a relief.

I honestly thought they'd go the Microsoft / Ubisoft / Activision / EA route, but it appears they haven't (yet).

Maybe I should've looked into it a bit more. Thanks for enlightening me!