Jokes and Memes about Shadows of Valentia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yuno is on a whole different level than Tharja, Camilla, and Faye combined 3x.

I know she is. It's just the combination of killing for you/everyone around you out of selfishness/killing you out of love is what really brings up the yandere flag.

Camilla is all 3 of these things (the latter 2 in birthright). Her intentions/motivations go beyond her duty obviously.

Tharja may have threatened it in a support convo or something somewhere, but she doesn't act on it outside of her role in the army, and does too many things (and too few things at the same time) that would place her in the 'creepy stalker' role rather than 'yandere'.

Faye is showing a creepy combination of killing for reasons beyond duty (affection), way too eager to please, and wanting to be noticed by Alm as she does it (at least Camilla doesn't beg for Corrin's attention using murder as a selling point).

Faye might not be birthright Camilla, but she's already becoming more unsettling than Tharja imo.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

17 minutes ago, maninbluejumpsuit said:

Faye is showing a creepy combination of killing for reasons beyond duty (affection), way too eager to please, and wanting to be noticed by Alm as she does it (at least Camilla doesn't beg for Corrin's attention using murder as a selling point).

Faye might not be birthright Camilla, but she's already becoming more unsettling than Tharja imo.

I really want this discussion to end, as this place is for the memes, but i'm gonna bring this up. Look at Faye's B-Support with Alm

Spoiler
  • Faye: No, silly! You touched my hand! ...I was up all night thinking about it. Oh, but don't worry—I drank a bunch of tea, so I'm ready to kill in your name! Just point me at your enemies and watch me go!
  • Alm: Um, that's... Wow. I guess I'm glad she's able to find happiness in the...little things? (But I'm worried about the toll this war is taking on her...)

The war is having an effect on Faye. More evidence? At the start of the game, Faye was against joining the Deliverence, saying it was too dangerous.

And besides, at the A-Support, Faye confess, and it's what happens that makes me appreciate her. For starters, she acknowledges that it isn't the best time to confess (they are on the battlefield). And when she gets friendzoned, she accepts the friendzone, and even says that she figured it would happen anyway.

The A-Support is what made me appreciate Faye.

Xigmui_1.png

Because of Kamui being a dudebro.

The text is, "For an emperor of an empire ruled by military might alone, you're not very... what's the word? Good..."

Edited by Thran Starcrod

On 5/15/2017 at 6:50 AM, Armagon said:

I laughed more than i should have. This is actually great.

That is one of the most hilarious FE jokes I've ever seen.  It isn't even directly a joke; it's just a hack with an unintended hilarious effect.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:39 PM, Enaluxeme said:

I can't be the only one...

xgXtSAv.png

Nomah, why does your pose work so well for this meme?  Nomah, please.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:33 PM, Thran Starcrod said:

I wasn't originally going to post this... but screw it. 

*Snip*

All I'm gonna say out of fear of resurrecting a debate that doesn't belong here is that lack of fanservice actually makes me appreciate Faye more than the other two, at least in regards to the yandere attitudes they all share.  At least they aren't hiding her flaws behind a mask of thick thighs and battle panties.

14 hours ago, arctic.fox0708 said:

Every time I hear Judah's Translated name of Jedah, I can only think of this

Grand Master Jedah.jpg

I always think of this when I see or hear that freakin' name.  It's strange too, because he worships a deity that pretty much advocates all the same values a sith does, yet here we are, calling him "Jedi".

And other things in this game keep making me think of Star Wars memery.  I swear, if there's even a single moment where someone says something along the lines of "I didn't recognize you"...

On 5/19/2017 at 9:08 AM, Thran Starcrod said:

Back when Fates was announced, when nothing was really known about the game. Zero plot details, just we knew Hoshido and Nohr existed and that was it. Everyone I spoke to said they were getting Nohr. Keep in mind, this is literally back when all we knew was Hoshido was some dudes and Nohr was Camilla shaking her tits. So yes, it is indeed just because of fanservice.

It was because Nohr looked too stereotypically evil to be played straight, the plot of Conquest promised to be more interesting, and the gameplay promised to be a return to form.

Anyways, the sequel image to "Really, Corrin?" from the Fates thread:

Really_Alm.jpg

Berkut, chapter 5.

Just disappointed he didn't level up off of Rudolf.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It was because Nohr looked too stereotypically evil to be played straight, the plot of Conquest promised to be more interesting, and the gameplay promised to be a return to form.

That wasn't known from the first direct. I'm talking about literally, the very first bit of info we got.

51 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

That wasn't known from the first direct. I'm talking about literally, the very first bit of info we got.

Are you talking about this trailer?

Because if that's the case, what you're saying doesn't make sense. There wasn't any mention of the route split, and there was no Camilla. Her first appearance was in the second trailer, which also announced the route split and the return to more classic FE Gameplay for the Nohr Route. Thus, even if some people guessed from the very beginning that there could be a route split, Camilla couldn't be the reason the western nation was more popular when we only had that one trailer.

Just now, Night Zap said:

Are you talking about this trailer?

Because if that's the case, what you're saying doesn't make sense. There wasn't any mention of the route split, and there was no Camilla. Her first appearance was in the second trailer, which also announced the route split and the return to more classic FE Gameplay for the Nohr Route. Thus, even if some people guessed from the very beginning that there could be a route split, Camilla couldn't be the reason the western nation was more popular when we only had that one trailer.

Well then, I'll admit that I'm wrong, it has been about 3 years since I saw that.

11 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Well then, I'll admit that I'm wrong, it has been about 3 years since I saw that.

You saw the trailers a year ahead of everyone else?

Just now, Thane said:

You saw the trailers a year ahead of everyone else?

Not going to lie, I seriously need to keep a better track of time. Because for some reason, I thought it was 2018...

To underail this topic though, I give you this.

3a0.jpghttp://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/259/035/3a0.jpg

Just now, Thran Starcrod said:

Not going to lie, I seriously need to keep a better track of time. Because for some reason, I thought it was 2018...

Must be hard to keep track of time when you've got all those sick predictions that need pointing out, no? 

1 minute ago, Thran Starcrod said:

To underail this topic though, I give you this.

3a0.jpghttp://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/259/035/3a0.jpg

Man, I love that. I've seen a Heroes version of it as well. It really is a classic at this point.