[Screenshot LP] [FE GBA] Pick My Challenge Run!

CrystalPoke

Or PMCR for short.

So, all your screenshot LP lovers probably know that TheMoniker, a guy who does (or did) screenshot Let's Plays (and he's very good at that), recently quit doing them. And I've come to take his place! Nah, not really. I'm just a lurker who mostly comes to see the progress of the fangames that are being posted here. BUT. This time will be different! And I'm comparing that to the screenshot LP I tried to do, which consisted on Randomized Fire Emblem 7. But it was pretty boring and no different from the others. Heck, I was even doing Lyn's mode! And we all know no one enjoys that.

So, after that introduction to my tragic story on these forums (not really), and since I'm on vacations, I decided to do something that hasn't been done yet... OR HAS IT? Well, anyways, I'll keep this short: I'm bored, and I want to play some Fire Emblem. But I don't know which Fire Emblem to play! And since I suck, I can't play the most recent titles. So I decided to start some challenge runs to entertain myself a bit. But I thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be better if people could watch how I suffer doing stupid things?"

So (man, why do I always have to start sentences with "so"?) yup, that's how I decided to do this thread. Since I haven't beaten any 1-5 Fire Emblem, I'm going to do this for the GBA titles only. At least for now.

The way this is gonna work, well, I think a LP would be better if the viewers could actually... "participate" on it, in one way or another. So... YOU. Yes, YOU. You're gonna choose which challenge run I'll be doing! This is the "template" you need to use if you want so see me suffer:

Spoiler

Game: Fire Emblem 6, 7 or 8. You can even choose a hack if you want. Only condition is that it has to be decent. Like, I'm not going to play GhebFE. Sorry.

Challenge: Can be anything that's not too hard or stupid. Just something normal people can do, okay? Use all your creativity and imagination for this one! If your challenge requires a bit of hacking the game, it can be valid. I know how to mess around with Nightmare a little, but I'm no expert hacker.

Reason you want me to LP this: Again, can be anything. You can even say "cause I want to see you suffer" for all I care. Just give me a reason.

After I get enough requests, I'll set up a poll, and the challenge who gets more votes, that's the one I'm gonna play. For now, since I had this in my mind, I'll auto-request myself, because I'm such a good person:

Spoiler

Game: Fire Emblem 6, 7 or 8, whatever the people prefer. Just no hacks, because I want a complete game.

Challenge: I name it "Fire Emblem Hardlocke"; no savestates, no restarting, can't use the arena, "fatigue" mode toggled on. (that is, I cannot use a unit in two consecutive chapters. I have to let them rest at least one chapter before using them again)

Reason you want me to LP this: Because I don't know.

I think I wrote everything I wanted to write so yeah... Let's see if this thread gets noticed. If not, it'll probably get buried and no one will remember it. I'LL DEAL WITH IT.

PD: English is not my native language so I can make mistakes. Bear with me plzz.

Edited by CrystalPoke

Game:  FE8

Challenge: You can't use two characters of the same class ,you have to promote all the units in Level 10 , and Seth is banned 

Reason you want me to LP this: Because i want a true FE8 hard mode 

Game: FE7 (though feel free to do any GBA game)

Challenge: You can only use units that gain +4 stats upon their first level up (this number can be changed if that's too hard/easy  don't remember average level gains for FE7, point is they have to gain either a set number or below a certain number if you want to have bad RNG units. Level 20 units are determined by a coin flip)  Lords and Serra (so that you have at least one healer) are not held to this rule since you need at least some units. Stat boosters must be used at random on your active army. Units forced onto the field that do not get +4 stats on their first level up, as well as any units used in late maps to recruit other units, must remain unarmed and can be used to meat shield but nothing else.

Reason you want me to LP this: I think it would be fun to read through? FE7 gives 3 lords so that gives the most gurnateed units, plus this helps mix up unit composition.

Best of luck with whatever run you decide to do!

Game: Fe6

Challenge: You can only use characters with names beginning with the B, D, L, S, R and G (18 units total including Roy)

Reason: You only have a limited amount of units and if they get stat screwed...Prepare for chapter 21...

I'll keep accepting requests until Friday of this week, then I'll put up a pool to see which challenge should I play first, and once I get enough votes, the request with the most of them will be the one I'll play. Also, I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I think I'll allow people to request more than 1 challenge, keep 'em coming! Though don't exceed yourself. 3 as a maximum is probably enough. Thanks for your commentaries, and remember to follow this thread! If you want.

On 15/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, Bandit said:

Game: FE7 (though feel free to do any GBA game)

Challenge: You can only use units that gain +4 stats upon their first level up (this number can be changed if that's too hard/easy  don't remember average level gains for FE7, point is they have to gain either a set number or below a certain number if you want to have bad RNG units. Level 20 units are determined by a coin flip)  Lords and Serra (so that you have at least one healer) are not held to this rule since you need at least some units. Stat boosters must be used at random on your active army. Units forced onto the field that do not get +4 stats on their first level up, as well as any units used in late maps to recruit other units, must remain unarmed and can be used to meat shield but nothing else.

Reason you want me to LP this: I think it would be fun to read through? FE7 gives 3 lords so that gives the most gurnateed units, plus this helps mix up unit composition.

Best of luck with whatever run you decide to do!

Though I said I'd be accepting anything, this one seems a little bit too random for me. I don't get what's the point of using only units who get +4 stats on their first level up? You can edit it if you want. 'Course, it's fine if you don't, I'll play it if this wins anyways :P

Also, I'm a bit disappointed no one's requesting a challenge for a HackROM. I'm pretty sure there's something good we can do with them!

Edited by CrystalPoke

Game: FE 7 HHM run [requires a bit hacking, but not too much]

Challenge:  Change your units to enemy units and enemy units to playable units. Example - 

Hector - Linus, Eliwood - Lloyd

Here, I replaced the two lords with enemy units so they will be our new lords, and they will fight against Eliwood and others in their respective chapters [Eliwood in chapter 24 / 29 etc.]

You can chose any enemy unit, recruitable enemy unit, npc unit. But units who were playable from the start or were recruited from villages are not allowed.

[so Raven, Jaffar, Fargus, Pent, etc are allowed but Priscilla, Kent, Sain, etc are not allowed.]

Lyn mode doesn't count so Dorcas and Serra are not allowed even though they were enemy and npc units in Lyn mode.

Allowed units - Guy, Erk, Raven, Lucius, Dart, Fiora, Legault, Heath, Rath, Hawkeye, Geitz, Wallace, Farina, Pent, Karel, Harken, Nino, Jaffar, Vaida, Karla, Merlinus, Nils, Ninian.

[Merlinus, Nils and Ninian are playable characters but they are allowed because if they are replaced the game might get buggy during some events.]

Replaced enemy units - Linus, Lloyd, Ephidel, Nergal, Limstella, Kishuna, Denning, Sonia, Ursula, Jerme, Kenneth, Pascal, Darin, Uhai, Fargus, Erik.

Replaced npc units - Bramimond, Elbert, Leila, Brendan.

My Replacements -

Linus - Hector, Lloyd - Eliwood

Replace the others at any order you want but try to replace them in a way so the balance is not broken, like do not replace an early game unit with a prepromote.

Class changes -

Linus - Mercenary, Lloyd - Myrmidon, Ephidel - Shaman, etc.

Units who have special classes - Nergal, Bramimond, Kishuna and Limstella, replace them with the prepromotes [Renault, Marcus, Isadora and Louise]

Reason you want me to LP this: FE 7 is the only GBA game where you can't play as enemy characters after you beat the story.

So I thought it would be nice to see someone do this. I was inspired by Decay of the Fangs too bad it was abandoned.

Feel free to ask me either by PM or by posting here if you need help with anything.

Edit:

Removed Lyn - Ephidel and removed Athos from allowed units as per crystalpoke's request. So now there is another spot open for a new unit, feel free to suggest who should I allow in place of Athos.

Edit 2:

I know you said you will accept requests until friday but I wanted to request another challenge for your LP so tell me if you are still willing to accept requests.

Edited by ranger016

• 3 months later...

Game: Fe8 Ephriam (Normal) mode

Challenge: Only Lords and characters that use a Knight Crest to promote (Prepremote Generals, Great Knights and Paladins are allowed. Go crazy with Seth!)

Reason: Imagine a charge of gallant knights, fighting for justice!...neither can I.