[Solved] Strange Map Glitch

Bamstacks

Here's the problem: My map isn't inserting correctly. However, I know it's reading something, as there is a weird glitch occurring that doesn't normally occur when I misplace the map or something similar. Here's what it looks like when I open up the the chapter, Chapter 1, in this instance. 

Spoiler

58eef1c1965fa_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.9398348e27647bea9dd7f3e12166f3cc.png

Everything else before it, title card, etc, play normally. The music from the events I placed in is playing.

Map is placed at 0xDA028A. Nightmare's event references says that the game is reading Chapter 1 Map at 0xDA028A. All seems good on that front.

Here's what happens when I place a map I know works (am using it for a fully-functioning prologue). It seems to prove that it's reading something, but just makes it more confusing.

Spoiler

58eef3cd8a1f0_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.c0653f7ff809e8d846a859843bc9d33c.png

What do you guys think the issue is? If you would like any more information on the ROM, or anything else, I can get it. Otherwise, I'm just going to change locations in my free space and see if that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Bamstacks
Solved

I missed this. Your map offset ends with A, which is not a multiple of 4, which may sometimes result in weird things happening. Have you tried changing it to say, C? Can you also please post your events if this doesn't work?