Are the Villagers Worth Using?

I was looking at the character growths in Echoes and realized that the villager growths were kind of low. I really want to use Faye and Cliff, but I don't know if it's worth it. I don't mind a challenge, however, I'm not sure how hard the later half of the game is. What are your opinions?

It's more like you'll have to use them since there aren't many characters in Echoes. Anyway, once they're promoted they become pretty good. It also depends on how lucky you are with RNG, because every character's growths are kind of low in this game.

Kliff is an excellent Mage. Not much to say.

Faye gets very unique spells as a Cleric, but she also worked well as a Pegasus Knight for me (I went for that because Clair would be the only Pegasus on Alm's route otherwise). Don't know how well she does as a Cavalier, but Mathilda already covers that and she's amazing.

Most definitely, though like others have said you don't really have a choice. I'll put my opinion on each in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Grey is best as a merc. This is literally all you need to do to make him good.

Tobin, while commonly portrayed as an archer, I found to be a good mage since he gets Excalibur a.k.a the best magic very early and he also is one of the few units on Alm's route to get Physic.

Kliff makes a good mage, but I prefer him as an archer since Tobin was my mage and also Kliff was debuffed pretty hard in this game.

Faye is a really good cleric. She has an amazing spell list and synergies quite well with Silque.

Atlas as a mercenary is really the only option for him if you don't want to grind.

If Echoes still does the whole "promotion gains are the class bases they are missing" then they'll all be fine.

52 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Definitely. But tbh, it ain't like you have much choice...

Well if Alm is as good as he was in Gaiden (and he looks better) he can probably still solo his entire half of the game lol.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

If Echoes still does the whole "promotion gains are the class bases they are missing" then they'll all be fine.

Well if Alm is as good as he was in Gaiden (and he looks better) he can probably still solo his entire half of the game lol.

Is Alm affected by fatigue?

Just now, SecondWorld said:

I actually don't know, thats a good question, considering in FE5 Leif wasn't, but the rules of it in FE5 were quite different.

1 hour ago, SecondWorld said:

Yes(I've never gotten him fatigued though), but fatigue itself is pretty irrelevant from my experience.

1 hour ago, SecondWorld said:

Fatigue only effects units in dungeons (That includes Alm and Celica). Even if it didn't only effect dungeons, it would still be pretty irrelevant.

Yep, and if you're somehow having(or about to have) a fatigue problem during explorations, you can simply offer up any provision to the Mila statue and it'll cure everyone's fatigue. By the time you get to one, you should have plenty of Ale(or Wine, but I don't recommend offering up the Wine, they're better off sold for Silver Marks, in my humble onion)