Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

"Khhh... Re, calibrating."

Abby rolls the Phalanx forward, small bot firing from behind Hannah's cover!

Abby fires!
Target: Hunter #2
Weapon: Rapid Fire Pistol
Final Hit: 87
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 13,38
Hit!
No crit
Final Damage: 73

Hunter Counters, plasma missiles away!
Final Hit: 62
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 53,76
Hit!
No crit
Final Damage: 63
"Hah! Direct hit, you garbage robot!"

Abigail gains +30 EXP, +4 Will!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaine burns Accel

There were many things that Elaine was thankful for regarding this robot, and the  updated targeting system, courtesy of Buck, was definitely one of them. She was back to more comfortable standards, even if she was still getting used to the rest of the inner workings of the Heracles.

"Squad by squad," She said to herself. "That's how we're doing it...Alright." Elaine quickly brought up a display of the current map. The hunters in front of them still stood, or in this case flew, but two of them had been hit and looked ready to plummet just from a quick scan, one more than the other. But, she decided the one designated as number two was more of a threat, and so she set her sights on that.

Elaine to (23,23), attack with Beam Rifle at Hunter #2

Edited by Dandragon

Elaine tries for the potshot, it flies off into the distance!

Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 53
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 92,20
Miss!

Hunter fires missiles back!
Final Hit: 89
Roll: 76,74
HIt
No crit
Final Damage: 46
"These ANF bots don't stand a chance!"

Elaine loses 1 will!

The rendezvous was off to a less than ideal start, putting it mildly. The Russians had gotten ambushed and nearly wiped out. Great Lake Base had been wiped out even before that, it seemed. The Riese team as a whole was still too far away to help the survivors, and said survivors were surrounded, with only one ANF machine to back them up for the moment. The initial push to close the gap between both parts of the group and crush anyone in between them wasn't going particularly good or bad; the hunters weren't a major threat, but they were still giving some of the pilots a hard time. Larger enemies would be easier to hit, but give back as well as they received, so it might be much of the same until they were back at full fighting strength.

Megumi could only watch for now, hoping Seung Min and Christina's signals would eventually clear up, again. Everyone else was fine, though a few were understandably frustrated. Megumi herself was getting a little frustrated, as well, though for completely different reasons. As the battle began and the first shots were exchanged, the doctor thought back to her last days as a mercenary, wondering how her people and their irresponsible leader would have handled a situation exactly like this one. Concluding that the only possible outcome was Nicholas killing enough of the enemy to force them to retreat, but still losing those they were trying to save--and more still, was what eventually had Megumi glaring at her own console.

"He's not dead yet? Huh." Sasha supposed they were dealing with some of Apotheosis' tankier machines, now. Go figure. They finally find some decent cover, and could only use it defensively. No reason to stop shooting, though ... <"Firmia, keep an eye on the east side. I want a heads up if they try to move in. Make sure to shoot back.">

<"Why wouldn't I shoot back?!">

<"If I knew exactly how you were doing right now, I wouldn't have mentioned it,"> Sasha assured her as the Mantle loosed another small volley of missiles at the Hyperion. <"Just don't think sidestepping is going to be enough to survive this. Be ready to back us up if they charge in from the north, too.">

<"Sure ..."> Survival. Honestly, Firmia was starting to care less and less about that all the time. Apotheosis, Rex, Rosa, and even Dima. She was finished processing events up to this point, from the initial alarm inside the Black Swan up to Sasha's redundant directions. All she wanted to do right now was rearrange the faces of that organization's members, Rex, and the Alkaev elders. It would take more willpower than she could quickly muster to stay put and play lookout, though ...

Sasha attacks Hyperion #4 with AA Missiles!

Jamming. Really? It didn't feel too good being cut off from their allies at a time like this; what goes around comes around, Brant mused, thinking back to their scuffle en route to Colony One. All they could do was push forward and take down any enemies near the base. After that, they could have a nice informative debrief in the meeting room of the Riese, or maybe even the hangar. Either way, and until then, this was another deadly skirmish to 'sort out,' and Firmia hadn't been in any real fights before, at least not to Brant's knowledge. Whether the stress would get to her, and whether the Regalia could make up for that, were still mysteries to him.

"I'm on number three," Brant warned, sending off a pair of anti-air missiles, while at the same time, undocking his Accensus' two funnels. The TK was expecting a fierce counterattack if this didn't go well.

Brant moves to 21(blue), 25(red) and attacks Hunter #3 with AA Missiles!

Sasha decides to introduce missiles to the Hyperion!

Target: Hyperion #4
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Hit: 76
Final Crit: 12
Roll: 74,24
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 47

Hyperion 4 fires back with some deadly rifle rounds!

Weapon: Sniper
Final Hit: 57
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 51,39
UH OH
Hit
No crit

Sasha gains +2 will!

Brant does the same, only to a far less durable target!

Target: Hunter #3
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Hit: 100!
Roll: 69,63
Hit
No crit
Dinnae matter!
"Don't break formation--!"

Boom~
Brant gains +7 Will, +150 EXP, +3 PP!

Enemy Phase / Turn 1

Time to make it a party at the base!
All the Cressida's move forwards, firing rifles at Firmia!
#6 opens fire first!

Weapon: Long Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 10
Final Crit: 2
Roll: 33,10
Miss!

Firmia Counters!

Weapon: Hyper Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 74
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 48,87
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 88

Firmia gains +3 will!

Repeat two more times with 7 and 8!
Oh shit Firmia actually got hit

#7 fires
Roll: 7,33
Hit!
No crit
Final Damage: 54

She counters and misses!
Roll: 77,26

She loses that 3 will she just got!

#8 pulls the same shot
Roll: 7,4 fuck off she got hit again what
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 54

She counters, and hits this time!
Roll: 46,63
Final Damage: 88

Firmia's back to 100 will!

Sasha is in an even tighter situation!
Hyperion's 4 and 5 gun down on him!

Weapon: Sniper Rifle

Final Crit: 13
Roll: 12,21
Hit
No crit

Sasha counters with missiles again!
Final Hit: 76
Roll: 56,10
Hit
Crit
Final Damage: 75

Sasha gains +1 will!

#5 tries the same thing!
Sasha evades, and for good reason!

Roll: 34,87

Evade!
Final Hit: 29
Miss!

Sasha gains +1 Will!

"Looks like we were right to ambush you kids. These robots are too powerful to leave alive!"
Miguel closes in!

Weapon: Plasma Saber

Final Hit: 71
Evade!
Final Hit: 36
Final Crit: 19
Roll: 43,52
Miss!

Sasha gains +1 will!

The rest of EP will continue once the necessary people are awake! Miguel's stats are revealed!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Astin becomes a beam pin cushion!

Cressida #2 fires!

Final Hit: 33
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 5,99
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 43

Astin FISTS
Final Hit: 70
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 25,78
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 58

Astin gains +4 Will, +20 exp!

1, 3, and 5 attempt the same, but at a bit of a disadvantage!

Final Hits: 27
Astin Evades!
Final Hit: 14
Roll1: 25,66
Miss!

Roll2: 3,27
Hit
No crit

Astin defends the last attack!
Final Hit: 27
Roll3: 8,88
What are these RNs
Hit
No crit
Defend!
Final Damage: 26

Astin gains +5 will over the exchange!

The Hunters close formation and attempt to fire on closest targets!

Hunter #1 fires on Nikolai!

Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 48
Roll: 29,23
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 49

THE BOY fires back!
Weapon: Gauss Rifle
Final Hit: 54
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 48,89
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 72

Nikolai gains +30 exp and +1 Will!

Hunters 2 and 4 fire on Hannah's damaged suit!

Weapon: Plasma Missiles

Final Hit: 75
Evade
Final Hit: 38
Final Crit: 11
Roll: 58,7
Miss! Wow!

"Continuing Evasive Maneuvers!"

#4 fires as well
Final Hit: 85
Evade
Final Hit: 43
Final Hit: 11
Roll: 93,42
Miss!

Victory Objective: Have Brant reach the base and enter the Regalia!
Defeat Conditions: Firmia, Sasha, Brant or the Riese are destroyed!

Battle Mastery: Have Brant reach any base tile by the end of Player Phase Turn 7!

Stats!

Player Phase / Turn 2

XVBm282.png

Victory Objective: Have Brant reach the base and enter the Regalia!
Defeat Conditions: Firmia, Sasha, Brant or the Riese are destroyed!

Battle Mastery: Have Brant reach any base tile by the end of Player Phase Turn 7!

Stats and Pilots!

Well, good news and bad news. The good being that the Artemis hadn't taken any damage yet, the bad, well... overwhelmingly more apparent. Both Sasha and Firmia had taken hits, the radio was still jammed, and while the Riese was advancing, it would take time for the squadron to fight through the net of Apotheosis pilots.

"Sasha, Firmia, okay? Help on way, hold tight." Kim noted to her impromptu allies, taking aim at the damaged Hyperion unit. They were beefy, but one more good shot would be enough to remove that unit from action. Honing her funnels in on the Hyperion, Kim let loose another burst of fire from her scattergun, looking to take it out permanently.

"One these units must be produce jam signal, can't get in contact with Heion Riese."

Kim holds position, activates Focus, and attacks Hyperion 4 with MARS Mode S

Kim blows her SP on more FOCUS, aiming to take down the Hyperion!

Target: Hyperion #4

Weapon: MARS Mode S
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 27,7
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 109!
"Commander--!"

Hyperion #4 is blown out of the sky!

Kim gains +7 will, +250 exp, +10 PP!
Kim levels! +Shoot, +Avoid, +Accuracy!

"Tch..." Miguel hadn't expected one of the Hyperions to be taken out so easily. These prototypes were far more dangerous than he'd thought initially. If they had the weaponry to ruin their strongest model so easily... "Alright. Let's make this more interesting, then." He cut the jamming, sending a signal out to the ANF pilots. A wide grin slipped onto his face, sighing.

"Time to stop playing around with the kids. Maximum output!"

Miguel Casts Spirit! The Deimos' weapons overclock, for 5 turns!

"I've got five minutes worth of energy to tear apart these three! Starting with that one." Sword arm outstretched, the beam faced Firmia's mech, which had taken a rather tough beating from the Cressida models. He scoffed and sent one more private line to the Artemis. "Stop me if you can, girlie. You think you can pilot that mech as well as you play with your dolls?"

Christina got the message just as loud as Kim had, staring at the now glowing robot with renewed terror. "Wh-What... Kim... Wh, how..."

The Riese picked up the incoming broadcast, as well as the other ANF models. And long range scanners showing the Deimos nearly erupt with energy... Jess shrunk. "N-Not good. A-All units," she started, comms pressed. "W-We have to make for th-the base, now!" If it wasn't as urgent before, it was top priority after that display. How long can the lieutenant hold out? I, I... Was it a mistake, sending her off? Hhhh...

"F-Forward thrusters! Gunners, engage hostile aircraft!"

Jess pops the ol' strike, the Riese moves to 21,23, and autocannons tear into Hunter #4!

Final Crit: 11
Roll: 75,8
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 112

"Grahhhh! M-Missiles firing!"
Hunter #4 counters!
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 66,64
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 18

"Assisting in assault!"
Hannah Supports!
Weapon: Laser Gatling
Final Hit: 64
Final Crit: 19
Roll: 62,74
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 82

"N-No, nOO--!"
Hunter #4 is totaled!
Party gains a Dual Sensor!

Jess gains +200 EXP, +6 Will, +3 PP!
Hannah gains +75 EXP, +5 Will, +3 PP!

"Assistance successful."
"Th-Thank you, Hannah..."

Well, that was just annoying. Firmia wasn't really in much of a position for maximum performance, and it seemed the Deimos had a few tricks up it's sleeve. Kim wasn't sure exactly what this extra energy entailed, but it didn't sound pleasant. The private line she was dropped was confusing, though. Maybe she could salvage this...

"For someone so quick judge, Mr. Apotheosis real scared fight me direct. Not that blame, can't expect misogynist coward fight better pilot in better mech. Go use extra energy run away like scare little puppy." Kim retorted over their private line. She had a better chance of fighting this guy off than the shaken Firmia did, at any rate.

Augmented

"War isn't about being fair, sweetie." Miguel scoffed, the Deimos' cameras carefully trained, wary of any reflexes from the ANF prototype. "Maybe once we scrap that machine of yours you can say that to my face." If that unit can punch through a Hyperion like that, maybe our worries shouldn't be set on the Russian toys... but I should focus on that, first and foremost. If the Riese gets another toy, the ANF might actually put up a fight... what a joke. It really took some effort to brush aside that girlie's comments with only that, but Miguel could bask in his victory later. 

Front Seat

The signal... Roxanna was mostly silent during the battle, almost lost in thoughts, but conscious enough to follow what was going on in battle. "Wait, if we caught that--" Almost on cue, Roxanna was on her monitor, trying to set a connection with Kim's unit. "Lieutenant Seung-Min, can you hear me?" Even if they resumed the jamming quickly, she'd at least get an update on Kim's vitals, which could be useful for Doctor Amparo...

The incoming fire had been intense, but thanks to the Regalia's shield, Firmia managed to get off with just a thoroughly worn in paint job, and some mostly superficial damage around the upper arms. It was obvious they were aiming for her cockpit, just as she was aiming for what she could only hope were theirs. It would have been so much easier with the Regalia's funnels, but with that jamming field so close by, Firmia risked losing control or track of them at the worst time. Why the ANF would send a mobile suit that would only decrease an ally's combat capability, and then lead them into this obvious trap, was beyond her. Maybe if she'd gotten her bearings sooner, Firmia mused, she could have done something to prevent this, but it was too late, now.

"I'm fine," Sasha assured Kim when she radioed in, "Makes sense that they rely so much on ambushes, now. I could use a smoke break, honestly. Firmia? You still with us?"

"The three in the east are moving in," Firmia warned, calm but obviously stressed, "I'll deal with them. You two stay over there and fight the heavier ones."

Sasha glanced toward the southeastern corner of the base, wondering if Firmia was feeling confident or was just furious. That was when the MK.III shot down one of the overhyped Apotheosis mobile suits Firmia suggested. "Hah, I was wondering how much those could take. Nice shooting, Lieutenant." As for the jamming, they might as well just keep shooting until the signal cleared up. Sasha figured either a stronger unit or one well out of the way of the fighting was behind it, so they likely had a fifty percent chance of even being capable of dealing with the problem, themselves. With that in mind, the only advice he could give was to keep shooting, working their way down, of course. They were already working on that, though ...

... and holy crap, the jamming finally cleared up. Unfortunately, Megumi noted with an audible sigh, yet another Apotheosis lieutenant or some such was running their mouth prematurely. There was only one way this could end: Humble pie. The doctor focused on trying to pull up the MK.III's data while she still had the opportunity, since only a fool wouldn't resume their jamming tactic after getting their taunt off. Either that or they had an overwhelming advantage and were moving in for the kill, reducing the need for it. Based on Jessica's reaction and orders, that could just as easily be the case.

At first, Sasha was near horrified when the Apotheosis leader came in over the comms after his light show and announced his intent to take out Firmia, but then ... as it so reliably did, opportunity called, and reminded Sasha that this was an incredibly inefficient move on the enemy's part. Still, if he wanted to get himself surrounded, Sasha was only inclined to stop him for Firmia's sake. Failing this ... "Her? Oh come on, you rank amateur. I know you're new to this whole fighting business, but be a man and finish what you started, otherwise ten meters of smart gun is going right up your ass." Failing that, he had a threat to make good on.

Everything I have left is right here, Firmia reflected on the situation, My home, everything else I owned ... it's all gone. All I managed to take with me was some luggage, dad's data drive, and my flight seat ... my new throne. Everything I have is right here. It's like they're trying to wipe out every trace of my existence. All because of ... these mobile suit prototypes. Firmia couldn't let the Regalia be destroyed. She was tied to it as much as Brant. Even more so, really. Even if she survived the suit's destruction, she would have a family of mostly criminals to return to and nothing else. No, she couldn't be shot down by some arrogant terrorist on a power trip. She wouldn't give Rex, or this idiot that satisfaction.

Sasha's graphic threat had been a little encouraging, but Firmia knew she was cornered. She could survive the cressidas at this distance, but once they were inside the base, she would have a hell of a time keeping them off of her. Sasha and Seung Min would have a harder time bringing the Apotheosis leader down too, if he came into the base, proper. More importantly, he was aiming for her specifically, probably assuming she would be an easy kill. Firmia might have been a few minutes ago, but she was focused, now. The Regalia was no tank, but unlike the model it was based on, its crucial systems were extremely difficult to target, even more so to hit. The young Alkaev had also picked up a useful trick from Brant that would work at the ranges she was currently confined to. All six of the Regalia's funnels fell from its wings and began a tight orbit around the suit. Until the situation improved and she could go on the offensive, Firmia planned to keep the funnels extremely close, treating them as point defense weapons. Even shields, if necessary. Better to lose a few of them than a limb or the whole suit.

"You're insane," Firmia said over the comms, as she leveled the Regalia's rifle in Miguel's direction, "but I guess that's why you're with Apotheosis." She thought back to her training, and as many of Brant's survival tips as she could readily recall, hoping something would come to her before this power mad pilot came after her.

Was that Firmia's voice? Oh no, she was that bastard's target, wasn't she? Why, though? Brant supposed the Regalia would look vulnerable standing around on the ground. Since the captain had ordered them to double time it, Brant was pushing forward with the others, but the Accensus was far from ideal in this situation. He could get there ahead of the others, but would just get himself surrounded. He wouldn't be able to provide much in the way of actual assistance that way, even if he could buy them some time. It also didn't help that the AMS series as a whole were 'cavalry' suits. They had absolutely no business being stationary, even less so on the ground. If they weren't already surrounded, the best course of action would have been to fly right back out of there and meet the team halfway.

"Firmia, are you alright?" Brant asked, linking straight to the Regalia's comms in the window he now had. "What's the damage?"

"I'm fine and the Regalia's fine. Just get over here and kill everyone that's not blue," Firmia's voice came back, fast paced and authoritative as always. Brant was actually too surprised to even return an acknowledgement. He'd been so worried she would simply break under the pressure of real combat, but that wasn't what was happening, now. Brant wondered if it was because Firmia hadn't been given any choice. In training, their lives were always in danger, but neither Dima, nor his goons, had any intention of actually killing them. Apotheosis on the other hand, seemed dead set on that outcome, and they had her cornered.

"Time to shoot anyone in our way," he muttered, arming a full quarter of the Accensus' remaining payload. Switching back to the team's main channel, he said, "I'll set our pace, but tag anyone you want me to shoot along the way."

Brant casts Focus!

With incoming radio chatter, it seemed that the Apotheosis head honcho had dropped the jamming signal in order to put out his threat. What an amateur mistake... this guy seemed to be about as bright as he was humble, which was to say, not very... or not at all. She could also tell he was getting upset, and seemed distracted by something... ah, it must have been the Russian Captain going after his sniper friend.

"Fair, say nothing about fair. Fair throw out window when priss little Apotheosis boy scout think he can step up to me. Pick wrong day try get false bravado merit badge." Kim retorted, before turning her attention to the incoming broadcast from the Riese. 

"Am fine, maintain defense position. Punch through one of two Hyperion unit, three Cressida approach East. All vicinity aside Deimos, careful, equip anti-battleship class rifle, danger if can't take out before reinforce arrive."

With Tarquin present on the field, there was some sort of irony to Miguel's taunt - although the situation was hardly one for such novelty. He'd already proved himself dangerous, only an idiot would respond to such obvious provocation... and he could certainly think of someone who would fit the criteria. The readings from the Deimos were beyond anything, it had been an impressive enough machine to begin. Whatever plans they had for dealing with it were out the window, or would require severe reworking to avoid disaster. Brant was easily in the most mobile unit, if anyone would be able to reach Kim to provide aid, it was going to be him.

"Lieutenant Abrams, I shall remove one of the airborne targets. I strongly recommend targeting the other, your piloting should be sufficient to evade most of the other threats." Tarquin replied, locking on to one of the remaining Hunters. "The base should be your priority, the other enemies can be handled by us."

Us. Tarquin was beginning to think of them as a collective group. It was a novel thought, but it made sense. Things were far simpler when things were black and white... or red and blue. 

Tarquin activates Sense, moves to 20,23 and shoots Hunter #1 with his Beam Rifle

"If you're pushing forward, Oni-1, I'll be right behind you. It's too dangerous for you to go on ahead by yourself, but together we can hopefully reach Oni-2 before she's in any real danger." Following through with that promise, Astin moved forward in an attempt to slice into one of the enemies that had attacked them last turn. "Here we go."

Astin moves to 20,21 and shanks Cressida 1 with ProtoSword

Brant uses Focus!

Tarquin uses Sense!
Tarquin takes good aim and shoots that Hunter out of the sky!

Tarquin attacks!
Target: Hunter #1
Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 80, 5
Totally necessary!
Damage: 121
The hunter takes a nosedive to the ground as it falls in flames!

Tarquin gains + 150 EXP, + 8 Will, + 3 PP!
The team gains an SP Drink!

Astin goes in deep! So fearless!

Astin attacks!
Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Proto Hybrid Sword
Final Hit: 87
Final Crit: 43
Roll: 51, 8
Hit!
Crit!
Damage: 161! Yikes!
"W-what is that sword?!"

Cressida #1 counters!
Weapon: Plasma Saber
Final Hit: 54
Roll: 29, 67
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 61

Astin gains + 20 EXP, + 4 Will!

Edited by Xinnidy

Abigail had taken a bit of chunking in return for her first shots on target, but the Phalanx was still well within operational parameters, and she hadn't even taken the worst of things. The group as a whole was doing a surprisingly effective spearhead push though the enemy, and all indications were that far from letting up they were going to try to pick up the pace, the better to regroup with the stern asian pilot, and the survivors from Brant's friends convoy. When the Ceres sped ahead, she was hot on its tail.

"Nice work there, Doyle, but I'm not about to let you hog all the action," Abby fired off over the comms in response to the spectactular slash to one of the leading Cressidas. "If we're assigning him an escort, I intend to be a part of it." Putting the pedal to the medal, she took up a staggered formation with the soldier who hated her guts, and jabbed her pike as fiercely as possible at the freshly wounded target. That did leave her nearly surrounded, so she'd have to be especially vigilant.

Abby casts Alert moves to 21,20 uses Anti-Field Pike on Cressida 1

Thorvald inwardly bemoaned the loss of the thruster slowing his unit down, but it had been the right choice to tell the mechanics to transfer it right before take-off, when the reality of the situation was coming to light. Beefing up their faster, most maneuverable craft was only smart science for a rescue mission, rather than trying to prop up the slower, bulkier models. Still, watching the frailer units, who were taking so many more lumps, pull further and further ahead was only going to get harder on him as the mission progressed. He could still, barely reach them now, but next time...?

With a sigh, he thrustered forward, prepared to defend the flanks of the two pioneers. and switched weapons to the Gunlance. Given how armored these ground-based foes were, he needed something that would pack enough of a punch to be felt. Now if only he could be sure to connect...

"When you guys have to break off, don't worry about the rear, we'll make sure that's taken care of. Get to the lieutenant as quickly as you can, and settle the situation down there." That was tacit approval, and hopefully it wouldn't have to be rescinded to order things otherwise if the situation were to somehow drastically change.

Thorvald casts Shield moves to 21,21 uses Impact Gunlance on Cressida 2

Abigail casts Alert!
Abigail leads the charge in the tiny policebot! So brave!

Abigail attacks!
Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Anti-Field Pike
Final Hit: 100
Final Crit: 29
Roll: 63, 68
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 71
Cressida #1 goes down!
"A-a remnant of Colony 1...!"

Abigails gains + 250 EXP, + 7 Will, + 8 PP!
Abigail levels up!
+1 to melee, shooting, and skill! (Given out at August 20th @.@ )

Thorvald casts Shield!
The big mech follows dutifully!

Thorvald attacks!
Target: Cressida #2
Weapon: Impact Gunlance
Final Hit: 70
Roll: 26, 75
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 52

Cressida #2 counters!
Final Hit: 81
Roll: 63, 35
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 9. Beam is confused.

Thorvald gains + 40 EXP, + 4 Will!

Edited by Xinnidy

Nikolai rolled his eyes as he felt the mechanical lurch of the mech. He figured that perhaps he should feel something other than the strange detachment that pervaded his being as he chased a foe, ready to fire into their mechanical death machine before they fired into him. For all his posturing about the morality of war, for all the taunting and prodding at nerves he sure was comfortable with the concept of murder as long as that murder was done within the framework of his occupation as a peon.

It was almost as though he was a hypocrite.

He also figured he should care about that, but it didn't inspire much regret. Perhaps he would bring up that emotional blunting with someone, but then again probably not.

(Nikolai casts Focus, moves to 22,22 and uses the gunlance on Cressida 2)

And tagged. Brant's Accensus sped on by the target, but the funnels veered off toward it. At this range, the funnels were even better options than missiles, so Brant sent two hot beams straight through the enemy plane and then waited as the two remote weapons raced back to him.

Brant moves to 19,21 and attacks Hunter #2 with Funnels!

Nikolai casts Focus!
With his moral introspective curbed, Nikolai does as a soldier does!

Nikolai attacks!
Target: Cressida #2
Weapon: Impact Gunlance
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 37, 47
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 59

"E-Energy Leak!"
Cressida counters!
Final Hit: 10
Roll: 30, 75
Miss!

Nikolai gains + 40 EXP, + 4 Will!

Brant moves in for the kill!

Brant attacks!
Weapon: Beam Funnels
Roll: 46, 80
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 90
That's another Hunter taking a nosedive!

Brant gains +100 EXP, + 7 Will, + 3 PP!

"Moving in to assist the frontline!"

Hannah moves to 22,21, knife poised to strike for the cockpit!

Target: Cressida

Weapon: Incision Knife
Final Hit: 93
Final Crit: 34
Roll: 16,11
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 58

"How could such a weapon--!"

Cressida #2's communcations cease, the wreckage collapsing!

Hannah gains +200 EXP, +5 Will, +8PP!
Hannah levels! 2 points allocated to accuracy.

"Target neutralized..."