Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wha...?" Jess stammered quietly to herself as the return fire from the Riese went off target, by the smallest margin. The lightheaded feeling was starting to turn into a headache, to which she cursed her luck. These last few days had been incredibly stressful, it made sense she'd finally be suffering from them. I'm surprised it's taken this long. She'd have to ask Megumi for some medicine when they were done. Until then... "E-Ensign Calvin, p-please take over th-the main guns, next t-time they need firing."

"Ma'am? Of course, but, is there something wrong?"

"Ah... Just... H-Headache. Don't w-want to jeopardize aiming w-with that, happening."

A headache? Now, of all times? She certainly picked her moments... But it made sense to hand off the guns, and the ensign was no slouch when it came to aiming. "Aye aye, ma'am."

The feeling of heat coming through the Velite's cockpit would have alarmed any regular pilot, as Hannah maintained her cool, attempting to reduce further damage from the onslaught. Her attack had failed to put the Legionary out of commission, and had resulted it in getting a rather nasty counterattack, bashing her weapon away from her. That gave her little to parry incoming strikes, only having to rely on the robot's reaction times. They were enough for another round from the Legionary, the club's swing shy of her cockpit, but that left her open for the finishing blow.

One of the flying models came crashing down, sword driving itself through the Velite-- and parts of her, as the power gave out and the machine crumpled to the ground. As her own sensors flashed warnings, and the sword pulled itself out, she watched her right arm fall onto the remaining floor of the cockpit, inches from falling through the newly formed hole. With all of her strain, she reach for it, managing to grab it before it tipped its way off... Her leg was not as lucky, having gone with the sword. An unfortunate loss, and an expensive replacement.

Hannah was expecting one of the enemies to finish her off, with a decisive blow to the cockpit, but nothing came after that. Perhaps they felt that strike was enough to take out any normal pilot. There was no way they could tell there wasn't flesh and blood inside of the Velite. And it wasn't moving anymore, so they'd move on to more pressing threats. Very likely.

Radioing in to Thorvald first, she found that her voice box still functioned, though more static, as expected of her inner workings attempting to repair themselves. "Thorvald, my apologies. It appears that I have sustained too much damage, and will be unable to continue fighting. Please focus on the battle, before coming to help me. Though, it is a shame to say, I will require aid, as one of my legs has fallen out of the robot. Moving on one leg is quite difficult."

Then to... Brant? Why did she want to message Brant? Probably to make sure he didn't worry. "Lieutenant... Brant. I am fine. Please do not change your course to come to aid me, as I will be fine until the battle is finished. Please help the squad in their efforts to defeat the enemy. Over." She wanted that to finish faster than she'd originally intended. Why? How odd... This programming is interesting and yet confusing.

And finally, to Abigail, for more obvious reasons, "I'm sorry, Miss Abigail. It appears I was not as useful as you had hoped." She cut the line and felt her body sag back into the chair. Another leak. More work for Avery. How unfortunate... "I can at least see about re-attaching my arm whilst I wait for recovery from the squadron."

Kim does the ol' bang bang shooty shoots!

Target: Hyperion #5
Weapon: Mode S
Final Hit: 87
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 80,94
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 34

The Hyperion counters with the sniper, and it might matter!

Final Hit: 27
Final Crit: 10
Roll: ...
Oh no
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 96

Kim gains +15 exp, +2 will!

Things were going to be fine now, right? She was finally getting comfortable in her seat, Kim was going towards shooting at the enemy, as they started away from the base... And perhaps that had been a bad idea, as a counterattack rocked the Artemis' systems and Christina herself, warning lights flaring up and starting to flash on her own installed monitors, and on Kim's. With panic redeveloping in her mind, Christina took a moment to lean back and try to shake off the dizziness from the impact... Then looked to Kim, and made a quiet whimpering noise. "Wh-What now?" Her seat couldn't hide her anymore than she was trying to make it, right now.

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

So much for things going smoothly so far, the first in a series of misfortunes being the combined assault on H4N4's Velite, the machine shutting down with what looked like severe structural damage from the feed, and there was no message coming from the android... or at least none that she was receiving. It certainly didn't bode well... but if there was any level of fortune in it all, it was that the misadventures on Colony 1 taught them the android was exceptionally difficult to put down, and the Velite, while immobile, didn't appear to be damaged in such a way that it would detonate, and was now being left alone by the remaining foes.

Of course, bad would lead to worse, and the momentary distraction of the situation to the East had made for a less than ideal confrontation with the Hyperion unit as Kim took the Artemis away from the base and towards the Heion Riese, the newfound cover of the landed Hyperion causing her scatterbeam to do minuscule damage, most of the shots being absorbed by the surrounding buildings. This wouldn't have been so bad, but in addition, the loss of her own cover and the high of adrenaline falling from the heights of the prior fighting had given the smallest opening to the Hyperion, who had taken what must have been a miracle shot. Too low to the ground to avoid the bullet's trajectory, the sniper shot smashed into the Artemis' right leg, punching through the TK field and rattling the cockpit with the force of the blow.

Looking over the warning signs flashing in front of her, Kim quickly ejected the missile pods stored within the Artemis' right leg... if it was gravely compromised, the missiles could potentially misfire... better to lose them than take the risk. Assessing their situation as the detached ordnance detonated on the ground, it seemed the leg was damaged, and low flying would be the method of choice rather than landing proper, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been... and that was when Christina's anxiety flared up, though not unexpectedly so.

"Is okay, Chrissy. Luck shot... no structure damage, system all online. Just lose some missiles." Kim replied, trying to keep cool for Christina's sake, but gritting her teeth in frustration. Signals were coming through cleanly from the rest of the squadron now, the last vestiges of the the jamming erased by Miguel's demise, and... it wasn't looking pretty. The remaining pilots of the Heion Riese were taking a heavy beating, Hannah's fallen Velite not the only machine close to being taken out of the fight... this was certainly not the time to make a mistake like that.

Edited by Ether

Something ejected, but Kim said everything was fine. Her calm speaking belied how she actually felt, even Christina could sense that frustration. But, the warnings lights had stopped, and indicators didn't note any real structual damage... "It'll be okay." She said it for Kim, but also for herself, taking a deep breath and trying to focus on the monitors. "I'll... I'll keep an eye on things."

While Jess had handed over main controls to Tristan, she was still messing with the input trajectory. She could do that much, to help his aim, and her data was helpful for firing and moving. He might not have been as confident at that.

Twin Beam Cannons fired a the Hyperion, then scoot the boat over one~

Target: Hype Machine
Weapon: TBC
Final Hit: 64
Final Crit: 21
Roll: 42,51
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 129

The Hyperion fires back with 100! hit and does...! Nnnnothing. Thanks E-Field.

Jess gains +30 exp, +2 will!

Nikolai felt his stomach lurch as machine jerked around him, feeling vaguely akin to a bug being shaken in a jar as he narrowly avoided being violently struck. He grit his teeth, trying to retain a form of conscious control over himself. Perhaps it was spite, or perhaps it was simply fatigue at the fact that he'd been poked and proded at by people who were at once so utterly disgusted and fascinated by the modifications made to his being, but he would not let the apparatus take effect this time.

Not today, you dead son of bitch.

Something about being in the homeland made him wonder if they ever caught the good doctor, or if she was simply out and about, creating more little freaky war machines under everyone's nose.

The thought was vaguely disturbing, but not enough to pull him out of the moment. He shook his head, muttering into the comm system absentmindedly...

"Was close, da? My ass almost get shot off. Would make some of us happy... Will do better at getting exploded next time."

Niko moves to (18-18), casts focus, and proceeds to shotgun Vel 4 in the FACE

FILTHY LITTLE GREMLIN TAKES KILL FOR HIMSELF

Target: Velite #4
Weapon: SHOTTY GUN
Final Hit: 92
Final Crit: 53
Roll: 29,53
LAFF
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 96
BLAMMO

Wait.

No blammo!

Velite returns fire, and-- Hits, what, nani

Weapon: Beam Rifl
Final Hit: 34
Final Crit: 2
Roll: 5,19
Hit!
Final Damage: 57

Niko gains +20 exp, +1 will!

"Sure thing, Ares Leader," Brant said, sending a mental command to his Accensus' two funnels. They sped off back toward the skirmish and targeted the velite Thorvald had requested, blasting it repeatedly from different angles before peeling off and racing back to Brant. "I'll be back, soon."

As if to tempt him--he had one of the team's repair modules equipped to his Accensus--the firefight intensified, and Hannah's Velite was sliced open and nearly destroyed. Brant had been about to radio in, himself when Hannah contacted him, letting him know she was still functional and to keep on course to the rendezvous. It was tough to comply, but this time, he couldn't deny her simple request. "Alright, just ... stay alive," he bit out." He'd have to come right back to make sure the enemy didn't get any ideas ...

As much as Sasha wanted to shoot the Hyperion, he doubted he could give as good as he'd likely get in return, and opted instead to wait for a clean shot. Coordinating with Lieutenant Kim for said clean shot would require gaining some considerable distance from Dry Lake Base, or relying on the Hyperion's pilot to be as saber happy as his commander had been. The latter wasn't likely ... "Lieutenant, that thing's got too much cover, right now, but I'm not sure how far out we'll have to go to get him in the open. We might be taking a lot of fire in the meantime. Any other ideas?"

The velite was clearly out of action, but all Megumi could tell was that Hannah was somehow damaged. The pilot feeds weren't that useful for monitoring the android, and she was more worried about Abigail, besides. Why on earth had she been sent out there in the Phalanx? It was far from incapable, but the situation didn't merit a small unit like that. This was a battle, not a search and rescue. She wasn't about to complain about it, though, not when she could just ask Abigail to get back aboard the Riese and see about some quick repairs. At least due to its small size, the Phalanx wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to patch up at the most.

"Ares Four," that was technically correct, wasn't it? Screw it. "Abigail, do you read me? You need to get back onto the ship and repair. There's no pressing need to keep this up, right now." Contrary to what Brant had said, this wasn't the time or place to be trying to win over the team, and the Phalanx certainly wasn't the unit to be doing it in.

"Brant!" The TK not only heard Firmia's voice, but felt it crash into him like a wave. There was always a downside to a T-Link, and an overly excited Firmia was usually it. She was close, too. Brant pulled back on the throttle, slowing down a few seconds before the Regalia roared past him from a hundred meters below. Time to bank and catch up to her ...

When Brant and Firmia did move into formation, the former was more than a little surprised. Up close, the Regalia was much more impressive than he'd imagined, and better still, there was hardly a scratch on it. It was significantly larger than the Accensus, even when folded up into its flight mode, but its power output was high enough to make up for the size difference, and Brant wouldn't mind being a slightly bigger target for the increased firepower and operational range. "Hey, Firmia, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Firmia said, a hint of bitterness in her voice. Her feelings told him she was grateful, despite everything else.

"Good," Brant nodded, "Are you good to help us out? We need your help, now."

There was an uncomfortably long delay before an eventual, "Yeah, I'll help," came back over the comms. "Let's go. Sasha and that jammer suit team will catch up, I think."

Brant grimaced. "Alright, I want you to target that Velite to the north. He's the closest one to us, I'm going to hit the other one."

"Right."

It was a belated feeling, but Brant was glad to see Firmia not only still airborne, even in the chaos of a real battle, but ready for more, even if only out of necessity. Having trained with and coached her thoroughly in the recent past, Brant was impressed. It was unfortunate that she had to fight in a real battle at all, but the fact that she had survived, and kept the Regalia in tact, was an accomplishment he didn't feel he could praise enough. He'd just have to hope he could come up with something half decent once this was over. "This is Oni One! We're on our way back and engaging!"

Firmia casts Accel (Dreams 10), moves to 17,11, and attacks Velite #5 with the Hyper Beam Rifle!

Brant casts Focus (15), moves to 18,11 and attacks Velite #3 with AA Missiles!

Sasha moves to 8,10!

Edited by Phoenix

With Christina calming down some, and Sasha moving closer, and opting not to take a potshot at the Hyperion after the prior display, Kim was able to take stock back of the situation after a few moments.

"Keep move toward Riese... either it follow and lose cover, or it stay here and not need worry about. If follow, turn and take out before can regroup with allies." Kim replied, her voice flattening out as she stopped gritting her teeth, and allowed herself to calm down. Brant was still on target, meeting up with Firmia for an offensive maneuver... considering how close he seemed to be to the android, the fact that he wasn't diverting from his course meant that H4N4 had likely sent him a message over a private channel, his feelings not jumbled enough to be trying to ignore and power past it for the mission's sake.

Tarquin could feel his unit shake upon impact, he'd been unable to avoid either of the hits - he'd been too preoccupied on trying to return fire. The damage was pretty substantial, he was getting errors and damage reports across multiple monitors. He was also fairly certain that his cockpit was no longer airtight, either that or the atmospheric control had decided he deserved a gentle breeze. He'd avoided injury, although the same couldn't be said for Hannah. It was painful to watch her Velite crash to the ground, the smouldering wreck laying lifelessly in a heap. Hannah was more resilient than any human, but there was a limit to how much she could take.

"Captain, requesting confirmation on Hannah's status." Tarquin broadcasted, his meter somewhat quicker than his usual calculating tones. There was a sentimentality with the machine that he couldn't explain. Aside from Nikolai, he'd only be inconvenienced by the loss of his other allies. He wouldn't wish it upon any of them, even Elaine, but with Hannah, he couldn't help but hope quietly for a response. "Hannah, confirm your status, please respond."

He needed to keep going, there was no use letting himself get shot down in an attempt to salvage the wreckage - his mission would have to come first.

"I'm glad... that you didn't lose any part of you Nikolai." Tarquin replied, glad that Nikolai was suitably difficult to target. His friend's Velite was the modified unit that Kim had used before, the extra mobility was probably rather handy. "I'll follow up your attack, the additional force required is likely to be minimal."

Tarquin moves to 17,20 and finishes Velite #4 with his Revolver

Elaine gives the Legionary the ol' 1-2!

She can't miss and it does enough damage to knock it over, BUT

FOR FLAVOR'S SAKE

Oh. She didn't crit. Rip

Elaine gains +200 exp, +6 will, +9PP!

Firmia also introduces Velite #5 with a sick roll of 24,83. Not dodging that!

Firmia gets useless stats, wahah~ And +6 will I guess

Brant's roll needs actual calculating mrgle

Target: Velite 3
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 9
Roll: 63,19
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 42
Brant gains some exp (+15), and +3 will cuz
the velite's counter of 39,90 isn't hitting

Tarquin also joins in the shooty fest and-- wew. 95, 21. Almost misses! Thanks Proximity for making his hit 109.
And he crits!
Nice overkill. Don't touch his friends!
Tarquin gains +200 exp, +8 will, +8pp!

This was going poorly. H4N4 was down, Abigail was looking pretty damaged, and everyone else was limping along. Still, they needed to push forward. The Ceres was pretty banged up as well, but there was nothing for it but to push it to the limits. "Come on. Just a few more pushes and we've got this..."

Astin to 19-17, smash the Velite with Proto Sword

Elaine removed the robots charged fist from the remains of the torso of the Legionary she, quite brutally, attacked before it exploded. It hadn't been facing her when she rushed at it with the Plasma Buckler, and while a simple hit from it would have been enough, there was something inside of Elaine that made her... go the extra mile. She had grabbed it with her free handle before shoving the fist straight through it, with it poking out the other side. She could see through the large hole that had been made, and while Elaine didn't know if that had been the cockpit, she knew it would trouble them no more.

Elaine had been one to get pumped, so to speak, about fights and mech battles. She didn't know whether to call it excitement or something else, but she did know that she had never felt this level of exhilaration before. Her chest felt tight, her heartbeat was elevated, and she felt...amazing. It was like she was in the groove of dancing to a song she knew all too well, and she needed to keep it going. Immediately, Elaine took out her music device that she had kept so close to her. She couldn't put on her headphones because of the helmet, but it was better to blast it loud anyways. The mission didn't mean anything, anymore. They had taken care of the biggest threat. So now, it was time to have some damn good fun, and as the smile crept onto her face, Elaine cued up her playlist, and got ready for the next enemy to scrap.

Jess sighed, smiling a bit. Brant had made contact with the delivery forces, which probably meant things were going alright there. Hannah's Velite had stopped moving, but Jess wasn't overly worried for the Android. Unless the cockpit was destroyed, that thing was likely resilient enough to remain working. That left her concentrating on mopping up what was left of the enemy forces. Until Tarquin radio'd in. "Uh, wha? Hannah's s-status. Uh. I... I think she's okay..." He'd gone and radio'd her immediately anyway, perhaps he was just worried?

Hannah heard the crackle of Tarquin's voice come through her radio as she attempted to solder her joints back together before messing with the connecting wires and circuits. Her fingers opened up to several multipurpose tools, which were aiding in her reconstruction, as her internal settings made sure she didn't leak out further than she had.

"Hello, Tarquin. Please do not worry about me. I was mildly damaged in the impact, but will be fine after some proper repairs. Avery will have to construct me a new leg, but that should not take considerable time or effort. I have all my schematics on file." She hoped that was enough to keep him calm during all of this, feeling a jolt come through her arm as she re-attached one of the cables. Her fingers moved a bit. A good sign.

Back on the field, Astin plays slap chop with a Velite!

And... Crits. Welp!

>194

It's dead, Jim

Astin gains +150 exp, +enuff will to hit max, +8 pp!

Astin couldn't help but let out a small whoop of satisfaction as the blade cleanly sliced the Velite into two pieces, leaving the machine to crumble as they pulled their mech back into combat ready position. A small smirk appeared on their face and they opened up a private channel to Abigail. "I'm pretty sure you said you weren't going to let me hog all the action, right? Got anything else like this up your sleeve or are you ready to call it quits?"

It figured they didn't have any other options for dealing with that Hyperion. Sasha sighed. "Acknowledged. Here's hoping he gets bored or scared." Piloting the Mantle in MS mode was actually easier than its flight mode, so Sasha took a moment to confirm something relatively important on the main console. <"Heh, good~"> He had a thrilling recording of their exchange with the Deimos, Hyperions, and Cressidas. That might come in handy, later.

The Regalia's hyper beam rifle impaled the damaged Velite and destroyed it, while the Accensus' missiles forced the other velite into a defensive posture. The return fire was easy enough for Brant to weave through, and the two aircraft stayed on course toward the fighting. "Nice shooting, there," Brant said, figuring he ought to start the long train of praise now, rather than wait until they were aboard the Riese.

Thorvald winced as Hannah's message came through. He'd not done enough to make himself a distraction. Sure the enemy hadn't swarmed the mothership like he'd been afraid of, but they'd for the most part streamed past him like a river flowing around a rock. And he'd been useless to help out of position like that. What a bungle that last choice had been, letting everyone down. Chewing his lower lip, he sent back a brief of response, "Understood. We'll pick you up when the threat is gone." Then it was a matter of watching carefully. He wasn't about to let another comrade go down if he could save them. Thorvald just needed to be sure to position himself where he could help the most people in potential need.

The last thing Abigail needed was the robot telling her she was doing well. It wouldn't have been a bad thing, coming from Doyle or one of the others (probably), but from that thing? It felt disingenuous and condescending. But then... the info she'd sent over was accurate, even if it was unnecessary, surely Abby would have seen it herself as she went in for the approach. No, don't get cause up thinking about this, it's time to hit, and hit hard.

"Raaaaaaaahhhh!"

Smashing enemy robots was as good catharsis as ever. Then came another, unexpected transmission. "The hell?" Abigail muttered softly to herself as she listened, the battle-lust subsiding for a moment to take stock of the situation. Had it really gone and done something stupid when it didn't need to and got itself trashed as a result? All because she'd yelled at it to help out? That was a little...

"Haah," with a sigh, Abby took another good look at the field, and the rest of her allies. It wasn't a rout, and as long as none of the rest of them panicked over the android going down, it shouldn't yet turn into one. But it was hardly on the path to a flawless victory either. She needed to step up her contribution, do even better. But she'd been pushing this thing to about its limits already and... there it was. Megumi was radioing her now, concerned and urging withdrawal, even though it'd been awhile since taking her last lump.

"...Is that a request? Or do you insist?" Abigail recalled a promise that she'd made during one of their earlier conversations, and it was enough to bring a slight pause to the riled up warrior, radioing back for clarification. Unfortunately her moment of zen was interrupted when Doyle finally made their reply to her earlier taunt.

"Hoho, is that how it is, Doyle? I haven't quite been keeping perfect track, but it feels like I've taken down more than you have... Sure that was a nice flashy finish just now," and I'm pretty much tapped out on my end, "But you're late to the party. Still..." Okay, yeah, fuck it, no time to wait for a response from the doctor, but she could pick a middle ground, keep attacking while moving closer to a retreat, she could still pay extra attention not to get caught up in a counter, and everything would work out just fine. When she arrived at her target, though, a slight flaw presented itself. She couldn't quite stab the flying machine from down here on the ground. Ah well, pistols out! "You're trapped now, sucker! You're just lucky I can't jump up there and really show you a good time."

Abigail moves to 20,18 and uses her Rapid Fire Pistol on Hyperion 3 (partially entrapped).

There it was, Thorvald could guard three of their damaged fighters from that point, and likely deal a finishing blow as well. His move decided for him, he simply had to swoop in to execute it. What was even better was this new position would have Hannah's wreck carefully positioned between his bot and Astin's, they'd be able to protect her too like this!

Thorvald moves to 20,17 and uses Impact Gunlance on Legionary 2.

Edited by Balcerzak

Abigail goes first!

Abigail attacks!

Target: Hyperion #3

Weapon: Rapid Fire Pistol

Final Hit: 100

Final Crit: 30

Roll: 98, 29

Hit!

Crit!

Damage: 87

Hyperion #3 counters!

Weapon: Buster Sword

Final Hit: 53

Final Crit: 30

Roll: 89, 12

Miss!

Abigail gains + 25 EXP, + 2 Will!

Thorvald then booms!

Thorvald attacks!

Target: Legionary #2

Weapon: Impact Gunlance

Roll: 13, 46 I didn't look mobility but im calling that a hit.

Hit!

No Crit.

Damage: 63

Boom!

Thorvald gains + 300 EXP, + 5 Will, and + 9 PP!

Thorvald levels up!

And that's it for Player phase!

Enemy pha--

"Everyone! Retreat! I'm calling off this mission." A voice calls for the apotheosis' pilots in their private comm -- it's Carlos. Agreeing that further combat is a lost cause, the remaining units retreat as they can.

Map Complete!

Battle Mastery acquired!

All players are free to post.

Total credits acquired: 57,600 credits
Velite (Hannah) penalty: 1,900 credits
Final gain: 55700 credits

Sheet updated.

Edited by Xinnidy

Finally, Calm

Jess breathed a sigh of relief. With the Hyperions seemingly warping out of the area, and the remaining Velites and Legionaries activating emergency escape thrusters, it seemed they had a moment to relax. "M-Megumi," she started, at the good doctor, "would you h-happen to have a tylenol, or, aspirin, on you...? Advil, anything... My h-head's pounding." Maybe not the right thing to announce to the entire bridge, but she'd had enough of the throbbing sensation, and could use a good nap. At least these fights aren't incredibly difficult... Or so I say. We did technically lose a pilot today. Hannah might be resilient, but the fact remains, her robot was totaled... I hope these deliveries make things easier on us.

"Ah, before I g-go lay down, please, o-open the hanger doors. For the s-squadron, and the incoming a-allied models..."

Maintenance Complete

Hannah had done everything she could to make sure the arm stayed attached. She wouldn't be able to fix the synthetic skin cover, but she could move it fully, and her rough repairs meant she could try to climb herself out of the wreckage. Quickly undoing her seat belt and getting her single footing, she started to haul herself up through the hole, sitting on top of the wreckage after a few moments, idly kicking her leg. The enemy forces were in full retreat, so she didn't feel much danger sitting up there and waiting for pickup. Though, looking at her robot, she did feel that pang of regret she'd grown so quickly familiar with. "I told Thorvald that I would do better to take care of myself. Yet, I allowed my better judgement to be clouded by Miss Abigail's calls to be useful. I do not understand... If that is a part of being human, it is quite the dangerous part."

She looked about the remaining standing and flying models, quite pleased to see everyone else's robots still functioning. Trying to tune her radio into the nearest unit, which happened to be Thorvald's, she stopped herself, instead hitting on Abigail's frequency. "Miss Abigail. If it isn't too much trouble, would you be able to assist me in getting back to the ship? I would attempt to return on my own, but I am currently missing a leg."

Over?

With the Hyperion behind them disappearing, and everything else on the radar going with it, while Christina was a bit confused, she was finally able to calm down completely. "It's over... Right? No more battle?" She'd done better than the last time, but it was still a huge toll on her senses and her heart rate. "I need a long shower... Or a bath. Bath sounds better... Just... Go melt for a few hours." She was pretty sweaty, all things considered, from getting so worked up and tossed about in the suit. The SKIN suit wasn't making matters any better, and the sooner she could discard it, the better.

Was it a request or did she insist? A bit of both, really. The situation seemed to be changing even as the doctor opened her mouth to say as much. "It's your call ..." Megumi said after another moment of deliberation. There seemed to be no need, however. About as soon as she'd said that, the enemies began a noticeable change in posture. It was ... a fighting retreat? No, just a straight retreat, at this point. "Did their second in command realize they were on the verge of being wiped out?"

Regardless of the cause or the enemy second's reasons, the battle was over, and the enemy machines were pulling back or just plain vanishing. They really needed to figure out a way to deal with the latter, especially. As Megumi leaned back in her chair, the captain made an unexpected request for pain medication. The doctor was loath to hand out pills on a whim but she could appreciate a quick fix for combatants and officers when a new battle could begin at the drop of a hat. Standing up from her seat, Megumi reached into her coat's left side pocket, wincing slightly as she searched. She did keep certain medications on hand, among other useful items, but she didn't keep track of the numbers. Fortunately, the pill case wasn't empty.

After securing a couple of pain pills, she made her way over to the captain and handed them over. "I recommend drinking more water when you can. That should address any pain linked to hydration." It was more important than most people realized ...

<"Sasha ... can you hear me? Sasha ..."> Sasha had been preoccupied with the Hyperion he was hoping to shoot down, but it began to fall back, and as soon as it did, a bored and fatigued sounding voice came in over the radio, calling his name and trying to make contact. <"... Sasha? Come on, it must have cleared up by now ...">

<"Tonya?"> It sounded like her, at least. If so, that was good. Great, even. <"Are you okay? Any damage on your end?">

<"Just my mood, mostly,"> Tonya sighed, <"Can't keep messing around with this guy, though. I'm out of ammo and nearly out of fuel and that barrier's not budging anytime soon. How are you two holding up? Is Firmia alright?">

<"We're alive. Mostly the paint jobs that need fixing. Also, we linked up with the ANF forces, but Dry Lake is a graveyard,"> Sasha reported, glancing over at the ruined base, <"We'll have to see if there's parking on the ship. Get over here as soon as you can. The enemy looks like they've had enough so you shouldn't have any trouble reaching us.">

<"Makes sense. I couldn't get a message through until just now. That sniper must have sent the order after turning off that jammer. Alright, I'm on my way.">

She sounded like she could use a nap. Sasha just wanted to hold another cigar between his lips and enjoy a well earned victory. The nap could come later. "Hey, Lieutenant Kim. Our squad leader survived and she's on her way back to meet up with us. Just a heads up."

What? No no no no NO! The music stopped, and Elaine looked on as the rest of the lackeys left the field with their tails between their legs. But everything had just gotten good! She was finally getting into the rhythm she so desperately needed! And now they were running?! After everything they've done, they didn't GET to run!! 

The customized Heracles model pulled out their Recoilless Sniper Rifle and took to aiming it, all the while Elaine was zooming in as much as she could, trying to get a lock on the fleeing terrorists. 

"Come on... Come on..." Elaine watched the targetting system intently, waiting for the series of beeps that told her she was locked on. She didn't care which one of them it was, only that when she fired, they'd be deader than roadkill. "Come on... Come on, already!" 

Edited by Dandragon

Astin called back to Abby with a small chuckle, "David vs Goliath that was not. But hey, you survived. More than I expected." And it seemed she had survived everything as the bot she had attacked warped away and the others made a hasty retreat. Everything seemed calm until Elaine started to chase after them. 

Opening a private channel, Astin snapped out, "Elaine, leave them. You're not able to take them on your own, they've left and we've won. We're in no shape to be chasing after them." That was all they could do. If she chose not to listen, that'd be up to the captain to deal with. With a quiet sigh, they turned towards the ship. "Time to head back in. You doing ok Juria? You did well this battle. We did well."

"Yeah... look like over." Kim replied, chuckling a little bit at Christina's immediate priority after the fighting had stopped, but not blaming her for it in the slightest. Seung-Min could remember in the beginning, when she was just being introduced to the SKIN, much like Christina, it just... made you feel dirty, in a way. Until you got used to it, at this point wearing the thing had become less restrictive and almost more freeing than anything... perhaps it had something to do with her work in the industry, but it hadn't taken Kim that long to adjust to the SKIN suit. Still, if that was the worst she had to say, it meant that despite the bumpy end, they were gonna do alright, and a message from Sasha just made things even better.

"Understand, Sasha. Will let other know... do have signature for leader can relay? Help make sure no one shoot at accident." Kim replied, before opening the channel to the Riese and all of it's associated pilots.

"Attention Heion Riese pilot and crew, this Lieutenant Kim Seung-Min. Russian friend inform me squad leader break off to deal apotheosis sniper safe, coming our way. Hold fire."

Edited by Ether